• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. Things you felt 2016 did better

User Info: Ksupreme90

Ksupreme90
1 week ago#1
Don’t get me wrong eternal is the better game, but I felt that there a couple things that was better in 2016.

enemy design. It could be just me but all the enemies in eternal gives off this cartoon vibe almost to the point where things start getting comedic. The zombies and pinky’s are the main ones that just look straight goofy to me. 2016 looked more nightmarish to me

Next Is multiplayer battle mode is cool but a death match and ffa to me is always a staple for any multiplayer game. I know 2016 wasn’t all that good but they had a solid foundation and could’ve built from that and also kept battle mode as the 3rd mode

User Info: GM_

GM_
1 week ago#2
Character design in Eternal is literally based off the source material. Saying it had a cartoon vibe is an insult to the franchise.

Anyway I'd say multiplayer is worse this time around. I want classic DM and TDM back.

User Info: Ksupreme90

Ksupreme90
1 week ago#3
GM_ posted...
Character design in Eternal is literally based off the source material. Saying it had a cartoon vibe is an insult to the franchise.

Anyway I'd say multiplayer is worse this time around. I want classic DM and TDM back.

they looked more menacing in 2016

User Info: ChiefStabaHoe

ChiefStabaHoe
1 week ago#4
MP

Not saying Doom2016s MP was special since it was basically Halo4s mp and that fanbase hates that game with a passion

Secret guns

Classic levels
You were never one of us....you are a usurper..a false gamer. Doom Eternal has opened my eyes...now let me help you see,player

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
1 week ago#5
Not a lot, and some of it was only added to 2016 after a while, but yeah, here goes:
  • arcade mode
  • online deathmatch
  • early weapons as secrets
  • classic levels
  • snap map
I'm honestly struggling to find other things. Eternal really is just a big step up in my eyes.
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

User Info: Roso

Roso
1 week ago#6
Doom 2016 did a way better job at not being as good as Doom Eternal.

Also agree that I liked the MP better in 2016, but I’m still learning Battlemode, and considering how much they worked on MP post launch on 2016, I’ll wait and see how Eternal’s MP evolves before I decide which one I think is “better.”
'We piss anywhere, man.'

User Info: ssjmatthew

ssjmatthew
1 week ago#7
The old school levels you could find.
If a girl sleeps with a bunch of guys she's a slut, but if a guy does the exact same thing.........he's gay, definitely gay.

User Info: DooM-Slayer

DooM-Slayer
1 week ago#8
Ksupreme90 posted...
they looked more menacing in 2016

I won't speak for GM but I agree with his assessment on the character design in Eternal being a nod to the source material.

People say they look cartoonish which I understand however I think it's because of the colors they used which again is VERY reminiscent of the original games.

The soldiers for example with the red eyes are a throwback to the original games. I wish some would also have the green hair but that's a meaningless nit-pick on my part, to be fair.

DooM 2016's models seem to be going for a more gritty realistic look. While Eternal's actual designs still have a realism about the models (NOT comparing them to 2016) it's the colors that I feel some people say it looks cartoonish.

I'll only speak for myself here when I say that essentially everything about this game aesthetically is a throwback to the originals using current tech (ID Tech 7). Even other things like the grunts are a nod to the foundations.

To answer the topic, the simplicity of DooM 2016 is more noticable now after Eternal. I say that in a positive way, mind you and that would be my answer.

Currently Playing: DooM: Eternal (1X), Diablo 3 (1X), NBA 2K19 (1X)

User Info: SeahorseCpt89

SeahorseCpt89
1 week ago#9
Multiplayer

Sure, it wasn’t the greatest, but that is no reason to just scrap it entirely in favor of a 2v1 mode. All they had to do was find out what was wrong and make it better like they did with the campaign.

Or at least give us a survival mode like Horde or Firefight, even that would have been better than what we got.
I am the forum boy, I'm the one who posts.

User Info: lnfinity_Divide

lnfinity_Divide
1 week ago#10
-Better opening
-Arcade mode

That’s about it. Mechanically I think Eternal is superior in just about every way, and it even wins out in smaller ways(Slayer design, music, environments).
"Eternal will be a critical flop. I know that much."-KuzeFromYakuza0
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. Things you felt 2016 did better
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A