• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. Not sure how to feel about this one compared 2016

User Info: SnagglePus

SnagglePus
1 week ago#11
godofwar596 posted...
I'm in love with it and think it's better than 2016 already, it's even more old school somehow. To deal with being low on ammo you can spam your Chainsaw much more, it always recharges atleast 1 bar and only works on weaker enemies, so spam it when you need it. I never run low on ammo cause I'm constantly chainsawing stuff, also playing on Ultra-Violence.
This guy gets it.
I'm black.

User Info: SomethingKinky

SomethingKinky
1 week ago#12
I was iffy for about the first two hours....then everything clicked. Use everything you have and, weapons, glory kills, bloodpunch, grenade and flame belch, dash, and especially use the chainsaw for constant ammo.

I feel they designed everything in this game to make you use most of your equipment in your fights.

You also need to get used to the flow of the game, ive been playing destiny for the last two months so i really had to adjust to the gameplay alone.
I've been battering Uranus all evening for want of a better expression lol!
-technosausage

User Info: Tention

Tention
1 week ago#13
I feel like Eternal is the kind of game that takes time to truly 'click' for many. but when it finally does, it's some of the best shooting action you're going to play. as for me, I was sold seconds in to the first stage, and it's only gotten better from there.

User Info: Psychodrama_80

Psychodrama_80
1 week ago#14
If your running out of ammo, you arent playing right. Ammo is essentially infinite and never ending. I suggest paying attention to what the game teaches you lol...

Also enemies dont take forever to die, attacking weak points limits potential attacks, they still drop quick, super quick with the right weapons...again should pay better attention to what the game teaches you lol

No offense but your ignorance and lack of paying attention to what the game your playing teaches and literally pauses to take time to explain some things your bringing up can lead to misinforming ppl
DICE-Spirtual Warfare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xStQAcHqA20

User Info: cyborg34572

cyborg34572
1 week ago#15
What feels off to me are constant pauses like training sessions for weapons and cutscenes. It really kicks you out the zone. Nothing big, its just a constrast to ID's moto with Doom 2016 where they wanted the action to be instant and nonstop from beginning till end (which was pure adrenaline).

Also what's up with the neon colors everywhere? a bit too cartoon/childish/arcade. A bit more grittyness would have been better in my opinion.

But yeah minor inconveniences only. Nothing game breaking. Still a great game if you ask me.

User Info: blazinpuertoroc

blazinpuertoroc
1 week ago#16
SomethingKinky posted...
I was iffy for about the first two hours....then everything clicked. Use everything you have and, weapons, glory kills, bloodpunch, grenade and flame belch, dash, and especially use the chainsaw for constant ammo.

I feel they designed everything in this game to make you use most of your equipment in your fights.

You also need to get used to the flow of the game, ive been playing destiny for the last two months so i really had to adjust to the gameplay alone.
Same here. You expect it to be the like the first. At first glance it almost looks identical but...you have to play it a bit different. Also you get so many abilities in the second mission it feels almost like a new game compared to the first level.

User Info: blazinpuertoroc

blazinpuertoroc
1 week ago#17
Psychodrama_80 posted...
If your running out of ammo, you arent playing right. Ammo is essentially infinite and never ending. I suggest paying attention to what the game teaches you lol...

Also enemies dont take forever to die, attacking weak points limits potential attacks, they still drop quick, super quick with the right weapons...again should pay better attention to what the game teaches you lol

No offense but your ignorance and lack of paying attention to what the game your playing teaches and literally pauses to take time to explain some things your bringing up can lead to misinforming ppl
The first mission is brutal. By the second it gets a lot better.

User Info: ForeverGnomed

ForeverGnomed
1 week ago#18
I wasn't so sure about it at first, with the interruptions of tutorials and underwhelming encounters. Doom 2016 threw you right in and was tight and fluid right away. However, after an hour or two in Eternal and those tutorials have passed, the game is awesome. The mechanics are laid out and work great, encounters are now varied and intense, the levels look great and the platforming is fun. I'm no longer underwhelmed by the game and just having a blast.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. Not sure how to feel about this one compared 2016
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A