• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. Not sure how to feel about this one compared 2016

User Info: blazinpuertoroc

blazinpuertoroc
1 week ago#1
It has the same frantic gameplay yet it is different. You run out of ammo faster. Enemies have weak spots and if you dont exploit them they take forever to die. Also melee is absolutely useless so you always have to waste ammo to kill the ads now. It feels even more arcadey and old school in level design and structure. I like it, it's still good...But it's not giving me the same joy as the first. Hopefully that changes later on but I heard about the marauder and oh lordt. Also the game is significantly more challenging than the first. Even the backgrounds can you kill you in this one while dealing with massive enemies you have to exploit their weakness to take down without running out of ammo first.

User Info: SnagglePus

SnagglePus
1 week ago#2
See im loving it just takes some getting used to is all. Everyone is expecting it to be the exact same as 16's and dont seem to adjust. Melee is still useful as ever i think the blood punch is whats messing everyone up. At first the ammo consumption can be a pain but once you learn to utilize the chainsaw and get some upgrades its the same as the original if not better. Just Keep at it one of the best Doom games out in my opinion.
I'm black.

User Info: blazinpuertoroc

blazinpuertoroc
1 week ago#3
SnagglePus posted...
See im loving it just takes some getting used to is all. Everyone is expecting it to be the exact same as 16's and dont seem to adjust. Melee is still useful as ever i think the blood punch is whats messing everyone up. At first the ammo consumption can be a pain but once you learn to utilize the chainsaw and get some upgrades its the same as the original if not better. Just Keep at it one of the best Doom games out in my opinion.
I'm def gonna keep at it but it's throwing me off. Also going into a training room everything you get a new weapon is odd. I liked how the first just threw you into the fire yet that game was easier. Feels like doom game for sure tho. In some ways it feels more like a doom game than the first.

User Info: manta53

manta53
1 week ago#4
2016 is miles better, the amount of ammo this game gives you is hilarious.
Church of Korvin

SnagglePus
1 week ago#5
I know what you mean with the tutorials its like rage 2 in a way.
I'm black.

User Info: lnfinity_Divide

lnfinity_Divide
1 week ago#6
Try playing for more than a day.
"Eternal will be a critical flop. I know that much."-KuzeFromYakuza0

SnagglePus
1 week ago#7
manta53 posted...
2016 is miles better, the amount of ammo this game gives you is hilarious.
So 2016 is better because it gives you ammo easier? I'm having no issues i think it makes the game more intense you gotta strategize more.
I'm black.

User Info: FiveCardCharlie

FiveCardCharlie
1 week ago#8
This one has some cooler moments and a much more epic final boss fight but I like the level design of 2016 more.

User Info: personae777

personae777
1 week ago#9
The whole "weak point" thing has been a staple in a number of Bestheda first person shooters. Namely the Wolfenstein series.

Supposedly the Slayer is related to B.J. Blastowchics from the Wolfenstein series according to one of the Doom RPG cellular games.

If the lore of Doom Eternal follows that idea somehow, then it makes both sense and a nice tie back to the Wolfenstein series.

User Info: godofwar596

godofwar596
1 week ago#10
I'm in love with it and think it's better than 2016 already, it's even more old school somehow. To deal with being low on ammo you can spam your Chainsaw much more, it always recharges atleast 1 bar and only works on weaker enemies, so spam it when you need it. I never run low on ammo cause I'm constantly chainsawing stuff, also playing on Ultra-Violence.
"If you hate me get in line!"
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. Not sure how to feel about this one compared 2016
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A