• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. DOOM (2016) or Eternal

User Info: Robo_Deer_King

Robo_Deer_King
1 week ago#1
Which Game Do You Prefer? - Results (140 votes)
Doom (2016)
36.43% (51 votes)
Doom Eternal
37.14% (52 votes)
I have only played one of these so far so I am not sure
12.86% (18 votes)
They are both pretty equal in my opinion
13.57% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I know some of you have finished Eternal by now, so which of the two modern DOOM games is your favorite? I am about 4 hours in and, at this point, my pick is the 2016 version. That game got its hooks in me fast and deep. Loved it from the start. Eternal hasn't really clicked for me yet. I am not a fan of the platforming and the story and characters just aren't gelling like they did in '16. Still, I haven't finished Eternal so my opinion may change. Rip and tear, until it is done!

User Info: Rasputin77

Rasputin77
1 week ago#2
2016, no doubt.

I’m glad to have another Doom game, but Eternal (aka 2016 ver. 2) just isn’t wowing me. And so far, the maps have been unimpressive.
Rules my obsessed moderator has JUST for me: 1 No replying to users unless praising or agreeing 2 No attempts at humor 3 No giving an honest opinion.
Nice, CBS!

User Info: happychappy654

happychappy654
1 week ago#3
Dunno what you're talking about bro. Like ar all

User Info: ChiefStabaHoe

ChiefStabaHoe
1 week ago#4
Eternal
Remember remember the 1st of September...2014

User Info: Phlegyas

Phlegyas
1 week ago#5
Haven't played it yet but from what I've seen I don't think I'll enjoy it as much, mainly because of the plot... Let me explain.

The devs want to expand on the DOOM universe but keep the story unintrusive like 2016. I don't believe they can do both. What will happen is that either A) people who are interested in the story and lore will become frustrated by its minimalistic telling, or B) people who say they don't care about story will be frustrated by the cutscenes and gibberish.

The reason why DOOM 2016's plot worked so well (even for those who claim to not care about it) was because it had a very simple one: UAC are funneling energy from hell, they become corrupted, and all hell breaks lose. You, the DOOM Slayer, kill everything and shut down the portal. That was more or less the gist of it. Even if you had a passive interest in the story you would still be able to understand what was going on. However, I'm not sure if that will still be the case for DOOM Eternal. With different dimensions, factions, and things happening off-screen (like how DOOM Slayer got a space station) I imagine many will be confused and/or disappointed.
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

User Info: ChiefStabaHoe

ChiefStabaHoe
1 week ago#6
Seems like this going to be a halo vs halo 2 situation

Remember remember the 1st of September...2014

User Info: bshock79

bshock79
1 week ago#7
Haven’t finished Eternal yet. I consider Doom 16 one of the best FPS of all time. Eternal is shaping up to rival it. Not sold on the story elements but the series has always been about the gameplay.

User Info: godofwar596

godofwar596
1 week ago#8
I've played about 4 hours of Eternal so far and it's already better than 2016. 2016 is fantastic but this game is even better. I've also been enjoying the story and lore personally.
"If you hate me get in line!"

User Info: SnagglePus

SnagglePus
1 week ago#9
Rasputin77 posted...
2016, no doubt.

I’m glad to have another Doom game, but Eternal (aka 2016 ver. 2) just isn’t wowing me. And so far, the maps have been unimpressive.
Idk how you can say the maps aren't great the first two lvls alone are miles better than 2016's.
I'm black.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
1 week ago#10
The story sucks for sure.
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNnO0zQJcjE
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. DOOM (2016) or Eternal
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A