You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. Flynn's Fell Arm: Can it be sold? (Odd glitch)

User Info: Yumi3000

Yumi3000
2 months ago#11
tjoeb123 posted...
Yumi3000 posted...
Xanxus87 posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Save your game and sell it to check.

Yeah sure, screw up the save file for a measly 150 gald. What kind of advice is that?

hows it gonna screw up your save if the save happens before selling it? lol and then if it does don't save simple yes?

Because that could screw him out of the secret final boss (and therefore the unsealed versions of the Fell Arms), which require him to have all the Fell Arms, including Flynn's and Patty's.

What I meant was if you end up selling it just don't save period and reload the previous file.

User Info: silentgrace7

silentgrace7
2 months ago#12
Allow me to shed some light on the matter, because I’m coming from the opposite end here! I was intentionally avoiding getting all of the fell arms to save Duke’s final fight for a second playthrough, and when I got the cutscene for completing it (and immediately realized I’d picked up the last one unintentionally >_>) I decided to try and sell Flynn’s Fell Arm to avoid the fight. In fact, I was mentally praising Namco for slipping in such a way to avoid the fight if you had gone into a collectathon frenzy like I did.

It didn’t work. Went to fight Duke, plowed through his first two forms, and his final form emerged to royally kick my ass into the dirt =.= in fact, Flynn was in my party, and he even got his Fell Arm back despite it being sold off!

I can’t say if this is the case should you sell it before “finishing” the side quest, though, so I’d recommend you err on the side of caution if you haven’t gotten the rest of the fell items. Otherwise, enjoy a free 150 Gald, I suppose!

Now to find another place to go and grind another 10 levels, even though the Necropolis is a cake walk now ^^”

User Info: Xanxus87

Xanxus87
2 months ago#13
silentgrace7 posted...
Allow me to shed some light on the matter, because I’m coming from the opposite end here! I was intentionally avoiding getting all of the fell arms to save Duke’s final fight for a second playthrough, and when I got the cutscene for completing it (and immediately realized I’d picked up the last one unintentionally >_>) I decided to try and sell Flynn’s Fell Arm to avoid the fight. In fact, I was mentally praising Namco for slipping in such a way to avoid the fight if you had gone into a collectathon frenzy like I did.

It didn’t work. Went to fight Duke, plowed through his first two forms, and his final form emerged to royally kick my ass into the dirt =.= in fact, Flynn was in my party, and he even got his Fell Arm back despite it being sold off!

I can’t say if this is the case should you sell it before “finishing” the side quest, though, so I’d recommend you err on the side of caution if you haven’t gotten the rest of the fell items. Otherwise, enjoy a free 150 Gald, I suppose!

Now to find another place to go and grind another 10 levels, even though the Necropolis is a cake walk now ^^”

Unless you are playing on maniac, dukes final form is pretty simple, being level 100 is more than enough and if you beat all the necropolis, you should have no problem with him. Just save all your treats and life bottles until the final form and keep Estelle on healing and reviving as a priority. Other than that, spam your items and be prepared to watch his big bang animation over and over and over again.
Reality is a vision caused by the lack of alcohol.
PSN: adamjharris2487

silentgrace7
2 months ago#14
Xanxus87 posted...
silentgrace7 posted...

Unless you are playing on maniac, dukes final form is pretty simple, being level 100 is more than enough and if you beat all the necropolis, you should have no problem with him. Just save all your treats and life bottles until the final form and keep Estelle on healing and reviving as a priority. Other than that, spam your items and be prepared to watch his big bang animation over and over and over again.

That was my original plan, actually! Once I realized the Necropolis has six levels, I knew that’d be the perfect grinding spot...

Only if you’re on a second playthrough, though. In your first playthrough, you’re limited to the Firmament and Existence floors, and the accessway to the third floor doesnt even appear unless you’ve cleared the game once (Probably to stop people like me from grinding like this, haha) They were amazing grind spots when I first found them, but now I’m lucky to clear one level after playing through the entirety of Firmament. Existence I can probably get a few more levels out of before the time exhausted isn’t worth the exp I get, unless I come up with a faster way to clear them (as of right now I fight with Yuri for most of it, then spam with Rita whenever there are monsters Yuri can’t damage).

I don’t know, honestly. After I take care of some errands today I’m going to get back to it, and try to figure out the best options for grinding at this point based on exp.

User Info: Xanxus87

Xanxus87
1 month ago#15
silentgrace7 posted...
Xanxus87 posted...
silentgrace7 posted...

That was my original plan, actually! Once I realized the Necropolis has six levels, I knew that’d be the perfect grinding spot...

Only if you’re on a second playthrough, though. In your first playthrough, you’re limited to the Firmament and Existence floors, and the accessway to the third floor doesnt even appear unless you’ve cleared the game once (Probably to stop people like me from grinding like this, haha) They were amazing grind spots when I first found them, but now I’m lucky to clear one level after playing through the entirety of Firmament. Existence I can probably get a few more levels out of before the time exhausted isn’t worth the exp I get, unless I come up with a faster way to clear them (as of right now I fight with Yuri for most of it, then spam with Rita whenever there are monsters Yuri can’t damage).

I don’t know, honestly. After I take care of some errands today I’m going to get back to it, and try to figure out the best options for grinding at this point based on exp.

If you don't mind fighting Dukes first two forms twice, you can reload after after you beat the game and access the new floors of the Necropolis to grind some levels although the Labrynth of Memories maybe easier on you.

If you already have all the Fell Arms though, your only options are to reload to when you didn't have all of them or lower the difficulty. Extra experience isn't important and having grade isn't either since you can get what you would have made from grinding so there's no real shame in beating him on Easy.
Reality is a vision caused by the lack of alcohol.
PSN: adamjharris2487

silentgrace7
1 month ago#16
Xanxus87 posted...

If you don't mind fighting Dukes first two forms twice, you can reload after after you beat the game and access the new floors of the Necropolis to grind some levels although the Labrynth of Memories maybe easier on you.

If you already have all the Fell Arms though, your only options are to reload to when you didn't have all of them or lower the difficulty. Extra experience isn't important and having grade isn't either since you can get what you would have made from grinding so there's no real shame in beating him on Easy.

I didn’t realize you’d responded to me, so I apologize about that. And thank you for the suggestions! I ended up using the technique people suggest to gain experience by fighting Brutal with minimal damage equipped (I wasn’t fond of using that technique since it’s more passively playing, but I had a busy week that week anyway and wouldn’t be able to play if I was actively playing). Even then, at a solid level 97 I only just won by the skin of my teeth ^^” haha. Of course, that speaks nothing for a certain secret boss hidden in the depths. I actually did have to swallow my pride and go to easy mode for that one.

In regards to the og post though, I did have to fight 3rd Level Duke again when I went back for his secret mission, though, so considering at that point you no longer have the locked fell weapons (the unlocked ones are classified as separate items) I’d say the boss trigger is actually a check to see if you got the cutscene for having all the fell weapons, rather than actually having them. I’m back at tarq for a second run, so I might collect the weapons again, but sell Flynn’s before the event is triggered, to determine if selling his potentially busts your ability to unlock the boss ^^

User Info: WolfUrameshi

WolfUrameshi
1 month ago#17
I’m the OP! Sorry, kinda forgot about this thread. XD

I never did sell Flynn’s arm, but I did beat the final final boss in Unknown difficulty with fairly average difficulty. I used a Yuri/Flynn/Estelle/Raven party, but I usually replace Raven with Repede because item abilities.

I tried beating the Necropolis’s final boss in Unknown, but I was thoroughly violated, so I tried again, this time on Hard. Was nowhere near as hard as the first time I fought him, but it was still fun. I had 10x experience thing from the GRADE menu, so the party jumped in level from 140-something to 176-ish.

I would think that Flynn’s arm thing is probably a development oversight. Even if you sell it, as was said earlier, it remains “unlocked”, so you still get the benefits.
3DS friend code: 0044-3095-4904

silentgrace7
4 weeks ago#18
WolfUrameshi posted...
I’m the OP! Sorry, kinda forgot about this thread. XD

I never did sell Flynn’s arm, but I did beat the final final boss in Unknown difficulty with fairly average difficulty. I used a Yuri/Flynn/Estelle/Raven party, but I usually replace Raven with Repede because item abilities.

I tried beating the Necropolis’s final boss in Unknown, but I was thoroughly violated, so I tried again, this time on Hard. Was nowhere near as hard as the first time I fought him, but it was still fun. I had 10x experience thing from the GRADE menu, so the party jumped in level from 140-something to 176-ish.

I would think that Flynn’s arm thing is probably a development oversight. Even if you sell it, as was said earlier, it remains “unlocked”, so you still get the benefits.

Nicely done beating those bosses at higher difficulties! I suppose I tend to be more of a casual player in those regards - I’m more concerned/busy completing the game than beating it at its hardest levels, so I only fret about the level when I know full well I can beat them at a certain difficulty ;u;

The fell arm definitely seems like an oversight, and it turns out one that’s pretty hazardous if you don’t quite realize what you’re doing. I went ahead and took the time to collect the fell arms again in my current run (run two of three, unfortunately, because I missed the one secret mission in this playthrough that can actually be missed in this version of the game -.-). This time, however, I sold Flynn’s fell arm before collecting the last one. This time there was no cutscene talking about how you got all of them and, as I suspected in my last comment, the trigger for the third phase appears to be that cutscene, not just having all the fell arms at one point or another.

So, if you happen to be in a very convenient situation where you a) pick up the last fell arm accidentally and b) can easily walk to a town to sell Flynn’s in order to bypass the cutscene (which would mainly just be Raven’s, Karol’s and possibly Flynn’s and Patty’s. I don’t know if you have to be in the air to trigger the cutscene or just on the ship in general) then it could possibly be useful to manipulate. Otherwise I can easily see someone selling it assuming it’s a junk item and missing out on the rest of the quest.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#19
@Milla_Maxwell posted...
This was a thing in PS3 too. It's weird.

Proof?
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde / Linne main team in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
4 weeks ago#20
Blayshy posted...
@Milla_Maxwell posted...
This was a thing in PS3 too. It's weird.

Proof?

Why do you care?

I'm not gonna dust off my old ass ps3 just to go take a screenshot for you.
Gamers this generation only work in hyperbole. Something is either god's gift to gaming or a cancerous blight that needs to die in a fire. There's no in between
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. Flynn's Fell Arm: Can it be sold? (Odd glitch)