• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. What's so special about Vesperia compared to the other 'Tales of' titles?

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
2 months ago#1
Is the graphical prowess it has that makes it visually appealing to the Switch? Is it the non-convoluted story that makes it enjoyable by most? Is it the accessible gameplay that allows many players to join in on the fun?

What is it about Tales of Vesperia that made it a worthy pick for a remastered Switch port compared to the rest?
I wish I could control all the elements of the world... then I wouldn't need a job.

User Info: Capt_Luigi

Capt_Luigi
2 months ago#2
Widely known as one of the best tales of games and for NA it was only on Xbox 360 which is a rather weak rpg console. This way it could reach a way bigger market

User Info: PK_Spam

PK_Spam
2 months ago#3
Yuri’s a big part of it. Everyone loves Yuri.

The character. Not girl on girl romance
https://i.imgur.com/hCHZS1f.gif

User Info: Mediocre_Dunce

Mediocre_Dunce
2 months ago#4
Personally, I don't get it. Thats why I'm going to give the game a second chance. Maybe I'll feel differently now.
That some nice sweet juicy gigatosis!
Mario Kart 8 HD, 4.9 GIGS! 500 hour game! Do the math!
- awesomenintendo

User Info: Thalidor88

Thalidor88
2 months ago#5
I loved it when it first came out...but I love most of the Tales games. I never finished this one, (due to my 360 RRoD for the third time and giving up on the console), so I'm really looking forward to seeing the game to the end.
Lost Odyssey is my favorite Final Fantasy.

User Info: ExOverlord

ExOverlord
2 months ago#6
Great cast of characters, cool world, and my favorite combat in the series. Plus, it was really the last Tales game before micro transactions were introduced, and a majority of costumes became paid DLC, and the overworld map was removed.
PSN: Pakeeda

User Info: papery0shi2

papery0shi2
2 months ago#7
ExOverlord posted...
Great cast of characters, cool world, and my favorite combat in the series. Plus, it was really the last Tales game before micro transactions were introduced, and a majority of costumes became paid DLC, and the overworld map was removed.

Pretty much this. Although I thought the story was awful, what got me through was the amazing battle system.
Brawl FC- 3780- 8691-5039- Mist [( Mains- Yoshi, Bowser, Peach, Squirtle, Mario)]
Pokemon FC- 1547-9508-2200

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
2 months ago#8
Sounds like it's as simple as being the most well-rounded game that's also going portable.
I wish I could control all the elements of the world... then I wouldn't need a job.

User Info: lowell666

lowell666
2 months ago#9
It has the most popular protagonist. A really great supporting cast. And even in the 360 version it was the meatiest in terms of content. Then the PS3 version came out and the content felt practically doubled. I also think it’s easily the most refined combat wise of the main 3 team Symphonia games. Symphonia’s was functional but pretty clunky and very simplistic. Abyss’ was a big improvement but it had silly things like being able to free run from Mystic artes and being able to min max your team with cores. You would also be locked out of getting skills because you didn’t put enough points in a random stat. That and some of the characters just weren’t very fun to play with imo. Everyone in Vesperia feels like a unique combat machine.

I feel like the only place Symphonia and Abyss can arguably have it beat is the story. But I would personally go through Vesperia’s story a 100 times with it’s great cast than the other two with their solid, but kind of annoying ones.

ExOverlord posted...
Plus, it was really the last Tales game before micro transactions were introduced

No Tales games had micro transactions. A micro transaction is a literal one use and it’s gone forever unless you buy it again. Thus, the “micro” Every dlc item for Tales can be reused every time you start a new play-through, including levels.
Part of the flat Earth society. We have members all around the world

User Info: lowell666

lowell666
2 months ago#10
PK_Spam posted...
Yuri’s a big part of it. Everyone loves Yuri.

The character. Not girl on girl romance

But also girl on girl romance :p
Part of the flat Earth society. We have members all around the world
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. What's so special about Vesperia compared to the other 'Tales of' titles?
  • Topic Archived