• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Just Cause 4
  3. Update patch coming next week

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
4 weeks ago#11
I just want the motion blur gone on console. That is all. Then I am happy forever.

User Info: SpiritualBegga

SpiritualBegga
4 weeks ago#12
I'm usually the kind of guy who doesn't care about graphics. I still enjoy games like the first Mercenary or the old GTA games, no problem.

But - the motion blur is just awful. At times I hardly notice it, but sometimes I switch the game on, turn around and I need to play something else. It's that awful for my eyes.

The abrupt changes of lighting are also pretty bad.

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
4 weeks ago#13
Flying a plane makes the whole screen blurry. Even the plane itself. rofl. It's so bad.

User Info: k9rnmd

k9rnmd
4 weeks ago#14
TheBest69 posted...
Flying a plane makes the whole screen blurry. Even the plane itself. rofl. It's so bad.

Motorbikes, they are insane to drive. I don't even attempt to get on one.
Hey Mods why you so bias?

User Info: NegaBioLizard

NegaBioLizard
4 weeks ago#15
@ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan posted...

I had no issue with the wing suit. Though I haven't really tried any of the planes besides the one ultra light you're given in the one mission yet. Having too much fun with the wing suit (even without the missiles, chain gun and rocket booster).
The explosions seem pretty impressive to me complete with the shockwave after the initial explosion. Not to mention the game ain't too shabby to look at either. Maybe Pearle Vision is in your future?
Such as? I'm genuinely curious what you think is immersion breaking.

I've already clearly pointed out to you the visual issues with this game, which have been widely criticized by many many more people than me. Again, just because you ignore them doesn't mean the rest of us have to, so get over yourself you pompous and self-inflating a******. The wingsuit gameplay is not what I'm criticizing here (use reading comrpehension), but the constant object pop-in (trees, rocks, buildings, vehicles) and texture pop-in occurring in multiple concentric spheres causes the world to look like it's constantly moving or "shifting." This is so distracting that it's the only thing I notice while gliding, and breaks the immersion of what could be a beautiful landscape.

The immersion also breaks with the explosions and weather effects when the resolution severely dips down to 720p or lower (e.g. tornado in distance always looks pixelated along the spout). If you can't see that then you should take your own advice and visit Pearle Vision for your old man eyes.

Not on any kind of horse. It's not "wrong" to actually enjoy a game as it was created. As long as it's not freezing/crashing my console constantly I'm fine with pop in. Heck. In GTA IV I'd have whole buildings pop in in front of me. I too play video games as an escape from reality. Yet I still understand that they are created by other imperfect human beings. Plus I'm not super nitpicky about every little thing in games typically. Now the condition of pre-owned games on the other hand....

Again, good for you to like games that are sub-par. Just don't get in the way of the rest of us who know and expect better. Seriously, why are you so interested in what other people think? Insecure much? Back off, weirdo...

Actually in this day and age of social media and people b****ing incessantly until things are changed to suit them the devs wouldn't have had a moment's peace until they promised to release a patch.

Yeah, it's called accountability. If everyone else sees these problems, maybe you should take your head out of your ass and listen. There's a saying that I think could teach you about yourself, let's see if you can understand it: "If you met an a****** in the morning, you met an a******. If you meet a******s all day, then you're the a******."

Know what they're talking about? You mean modern gamers who love flash and fluff over actual substance? The same people who will buy the same game across three gens (Shadow Of The Colossus) just because the devs added in more blades of grass or other inane s*** to make it prettier?

Fluff and flash? You do know you're defending a game that's all about "fluff and (literal) flash," right? Seriously, this game is all fluff (JC stories are always garbage filler) and it's only about the (flashy) explosions. LOL

As for remasters, it's called adding realism. Some of us like nostalgia and older games (I'm pretty sure you were just bragging about coming from the Atari era), and we like to see our older games polished to current gen standards. Again, why are you so involved with other peoples' business? Get a life and get over yourself.

User Info: NegaBioLizard

NegaBioLizard
4 weeks ago#16
@ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan posted...
Excuse me for actually being able to enjoy a game for what it is and not complain constantly till a developer changes it into what I want it to be. I could see complaining if the game is truly broken. But it's NOT. Your definition of game breaking and mine don't match and I'm fine with that. Doesn't make me ignorant and it certainly won't shut me up. But please continue as this is amusing as it proves my modern gamers scream over the top of others to think they're right theory.

Dude, again nobody cares about your standards as much as you seem to care about theirs. This game is shabby, and I seriously do NOT understand why you are so defensive about it. Are you one of the devs? Then maybe you should listen to your fanbase here. If you're not a dev, then you've got some serious problems. It's not about screaming over the top of others. It's about a genuine criticism, which is backed up by the experience of hundreds of others out there, ackowledged by the devs, and is irrefutably existent upon physical examination of the game's performance, for which a development patch is being put out next week.

I'm sorry you have a hard time accepting the reality of the game's state, but if you can't tell you're on a high horse by now then there's no helping you. Seriously, you knock people for complaining, and yet you're the one throwing a hissy fit on the internet because someone said something bad about your game. Again, accountability is how the real world works, sorry if you didn't know that buddy. Go play your game as is, and don't download the update patch if you're so stuck up about it. (We all know you will, of course.) And if you like games without patches, then go buy physical discs and don't download any updates, stay off the internet in your ignorance cave, and stop being so interested in the way other people play their games. Seriously, what a creepy guy....

User Info: ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan
4 weeks ago#17
NegaBioLizard posted...
I've already clearly pointed out to you the visual issues with this game, which have been widely criticized by many many more people than me. Again, just because you ignore them doesn't mean the rest of us have to, so get over yourself you pompous and self-inflating a******. The wingsuit gameplay is not what I'm criticizing here (use reading comrpehension), but the constant object pop-in (trees, rocks, buildings, vehicles) and texture pop-in occurring in multiple concentric spheres causes the world to look like it's constantly moving or "shifting." This is so distracting that it's the only thing I notice while gliding, and breaks the immersion of what could be a beautiful landscape.

@NegaBioLizard

You obviously never played GTA IV last gen then. Pop in was a big problem in that game. By comparison what I've seen in this game just isn't that bad.
The immersion also breaks with the explosions and weather effects when the resolution severely dips down to 720p or lower (e.g. tornado in distance always looks pixelated along the spout). If you can't see that then you should take your own advice and visit Pearle Vision for your old man eyes.

Maybe I just don't care that the game is less than super ultra HD resolution? To me the tornadoes look impressive enough as is.
Again, good for you to like games that are sub-par. Just don't get in the way of the rest of us who know and expect better. Seriously, why are you so interested in what other people think? Insecure much? Back off, weirdo...

I'm not the one that snapped at a random stranger on an internet forum first. As for my expectations for games, again, if this game was locking up my console or crashing constantly (like I've heard Wildlands is doing now after being "fixed" multiple times) then it'd be a problem for me. Again though with this comment you confirm the modern gamers yelling over others to think they're right theory. Not every gamers taste is the same and no one's opinion of such media is 'wrong'.
Yeah, it's called accountability. If everyone else sees these problems, maybe you should take your head out of your ass and listen. There's a saying that I think could teach you about yourself, let's see if you can understand it: "If you met an a****** in the morning, you met an a******. If you meet a******s all day, then you're the a******."

Again with the insults? So what's that say about you? I came into this thread simply to say that I personally think the game is not that bad as is. But more so that I'm worried that they will break it by trying to fix the graphical issues that you claim everybody is complaining about and I got my head bit off for it. So again, maybe you should look in a mirror before name calling.
Fluff and flash? You do know you're defending a game that's all about "fluff and (literal) flash," right? Seriously, this game is all fluff (JC stories are always garbage filler) and it's only about the (flashy) explosions. LOL

Again saying that I think the game runs fine as is and that I'm worried they will break the game trying to fix these other issues, which I HAVE noticed but don't care about as much as some folks, is not defending it in the least. So RIF.
I'm not loyal to any company or brand, especially the Cult Of Houser(GTA games) or Sony(PS3/PS4/etc). Defending corporations is absurd.

User Info: ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan
4 weeks ago#18
NegaBioLizard posted...

As for remasters, it's called adding realism. Some of us like nostalgia and older games (I'm pretty sure you were just bragging about coming from the Atari era), and we like to see our older games polished to current gen standards. Again, why are you so involved with other peoples' business? Get a life and get over yourself.

@NegaBioLizard
It wasn't bragging. Just pointing out that I've played games that you needed an imagination to play back then. But again RIF and maybe I'm not the one who needs remedial reading comprehension lessons.
Dude, again nobody cares about your standards as much as you seem to care about theirs.

Once again I simply stated I was fine with the graphical issues that you claim so many others care so much about and after seeing so many other games get 'fixed' only to be even MORE broken in the past couple of gens that's why I'm happy with the game as is. I'm scared that they'll mess up the game's code to where it'll crash constantly or the frame rate will go to JC3 levels.
This game is shabby, and I seriously do NOT understand why you are so defensive about it. Are you one of the devs? Then maybe you should listen to your fanbase here. If you're not a dev, then you've got some serious problems.

Serious problems? Because I'm too busy having fun whizzing along with the wing suit or parachute and grappling gun combo to stop and complain about the resolution dropping a bit or how stuff doesn't look as pretty as it could be? Sadly it again comes back to modern gamers being too concerned about the visuals and less about the fun factor in games. Can games have both? Sure. Does it make them any less fun if they're not hyper ultra realistic looking? Not in the least.
It's not about screaming over the top of others. It's about a genuine criticism, which is backed up by the experience of hundreds of others out there, ackowledged by the devs, and is irrefutably existent upon physical examination of the game's performance, for which a development patch is being put out next week.

The only reason, once again, that it was acknowledged by the devs was because of the same kind of people who seem to find offense in everything nowadays and won't shut the f*** up till 'something is done about it'. Again in my opinion (note those three words) the game plays fine and looks fine.
I'm sorry you have a hard time accepting the reality of the game's state, but if you can't tell you're on a high horse by now then there's no helping you. Seriously, you knock people for complaining, and yet you're the one throwing a hissy fit on the internet because someone said something bad about your game. Again, accountability is how the real world works, sorry if you didn't know that buddy. Go play your game as is, and don't download the update patch if you're so stuck up about it. (We all know you will, of course.) And if you like games without patches, then go buy physical discs and don't download any updates, stay off the internet in your ignorance cave, and stop being so interested in the way other people play their games. Seriously, what a creepy guy....

Again I'm not defending the game or the pop in in the least. But is it as bad as Just Cause 3 where it went to a virtual slideshow if you got enough attention on you? It is not. I'm just afraid of their idea of a fix screwing the pooch on everything else for the sake of prettying up the title for a small segment of the user base. Yet again though I wasn't the one to snap at you first. So if anything maybe you're the one that needs to stop having a hissy fit. Either way I'm finding this entertaining still. So thanks for the amusement.
I'm not loyal to any company or brand, especially the Cult Of Houser(GTA games) or Sony(PS3/PS4/etc). Defending corporations is absurd.

User Info: burdi1ar

burdi1ar
4 weeks ago#19
SpiritualBegga posted...
I'm usually the kind of guy who doesn't care about graphics. I still enjoy games like the first Mercenary or the old GTA games, no problem.

But - the motion blur is just awful. At times I hardly notice it, but sometimes I switch the game on, turn around and I need to play something else. It's that awful for my eyes.

The abrupt changes of lighting are also pretty bad.

Exactly. I'm currently replaying gta sa on my xbox one because it's the update, mobile port waiting for the JC4 patch. Nice to hear that it's coming soon (hopefully Tues)
"Good night, I'll see you in your dreams, I'll be the clown holding a knife standing over your bed"- Stephen Colbert

User Info: GaelicFlame

GaelicFlame
4 weeks ago#20
Oh god, such a heated discussion going on here :)

I gotta say that I'm more on the ThrillKillFan side. Sure, the game could look better, motion blur is a bit annoying, and I understand some complains from long time JC fans about some feature removals (like base/city liberations), but it certainly doesn't feel like a broken or unplayable game to me. Funny enough, the critically acclaimed Red Dead Redemption 2 was much less kind to me. I was one of the people who encountered the bug which removed some of the members from the camp, and locked me out of some side missions, including the one that teaches you fishing... So THAT I might actually call unplayable, even though the game itself looks great and seems to have great world and story (which was basically unaccessible to me for the most part, unless I wanted to miss some stuff) And to top it off, it literally took them a full month to fix that bug... And that's not even to mention some other parts about the game that I find absolutely atrocious, like shooting for example...

But enough about RDR, it wasn't my point to bash the game or anything, it's just that you can find something to complain about and call it unplayable in just about any game and it was a very recent example for me. Speaking of JC4, I did have lots of fun with it already, despite some flaws the game has. And I'll probably keep playing it for quite a bit, even though I finished the "story". I'm glad they are fixing the motion blur though so more people (hopefully) will be able to enjoy it.
  1. Boards
  2. Just Cause 4
  3. Update patch coming next week
  • Topic Archived