• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Just Cause 4
  3. Update patch coming next week

User Info: NegaBioLizard

NegaBioLizard
3 months ago#1
https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/just-cause-4-latest-patch-update

PC gets their update today, consoles will be "next week." Hopefully early next week.Let's see if they can turn this mess around.

User Info: ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan
3 months ago#2
@NegaBioLizard

What exactly is the patch supposed to 'fix'? I mean right now the game's frame rate is super stable for me on my phat PS4. Something tells me they'll 'fix' whatever people have been complaining about (visuals to me aren't bad) and break ten other things.
I'm not loyal to any company or brand, especially the Cult Of Houser(GTA games) or Sony(PS3/PS4/etc). Defending corporations is absurd.

User Info: SpiritualBegga

SpiritualBegga
3 months ago#3
The horrible motion blur.
The lighting going from bright to dark without warning.
Once I entered a region with the tornado, and it felt the entire resolution of everything took a beating.

The frame rate IS stable, sure, but the motion blur is making people feel sick. Letting us switch it off or reduce it (seems to do both in the patch) is what NEEDS to be in the patch.

The rest of the graphics - not great but I can deal with it. If I start destroying things I don't care about that. It's only when I come from RDR2 or AC Odyssey to JC4 that I think "why does it look so ugly?"

But at the end of the day, a "functional" game with a stable framerate and bad graphics is way better than nice graphics and changes between 5-30 FPS in my book.

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
3 months ago#4
Patch day on consoles is tuesday. I have a strong feeling it's coming that day. That's when all my games always update.

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
3 months ago#5
SpiritualBegga posted...
But at the end of the day, a "functional" game with a stable framerate and bad graphics is way better than nice graphics and changes between 5-30 FPS in my book.

Exactly. I take the current JC4 (but fixed, like the blur and lighting, and both of it gets fixed with the upcoming patch if I read it correctly) all day over the mess that was JC3. I don't like my games to be literally unplayable with sub 20 fps. Seems like a lot people love playing like that though. It seems Ubisofts "cinematic" approach was successful. lmao

NegaBioLizard
3 months ago#6
ThrillKillFan posted...
@NegaBioLizard

What exactly is the patch supposed to 'fix'? I mean right now the game's frame rate is super stable for me on my phat PS4. Something tells me they'll 'fix' whatever people have been complaining about (visuals to me aren't bad) and break ten other things.

@ThrillKillFan

The game's resolution is 720p with low-grade anti-aliasing. The lighting in cutscenes is often awkwardly sourced, which causes the flared/bleached out look when they occur. Object and texture pop-in is constant and restricted to low-radii concentric spheres of population. And the oft-cited motion blur makes driving vehicles unusually disorienting. These are all last gen issues. If the visuals to you "aren't bad," then maybe you should learn to recognize these things before you make such a ridiculous post. It's not like a bunch of random gamers across the globe conspired to make up such allegations for a game. People all over experienced these same issues concurrently. So maybe you should stop being so defensive about a game whose faults the development team has acknowledged and is releasing a patch to alleviate. Seriously, get over yourself.

User Info: C3realkillah

C3realkillah
3 months ago#7
Don't know why everyone is saying the framerate is smooth. For me whenever the tornado is around and causing Mass destruction my frames drop hard. Also explosions seem to cause drops as well playing on my PS4 pro. I'm hoping the game gets fixed up because it's still fun to play.
Carpe noctum

ThrillKillFan
3 months ago#8
NegaBioLizard posted...
The game's resolution is 720p with low-grade anti-aliasing. The lighting in cutscenes is often awkwardly sourced, which causes the flared/bleached out look when they occur. Object and texture pop-in is constant and restricted to low-radii concentric spheres of population. And the oft-cited motion blur makes driving vehicles unusually disorienting. These are all last gen issues. If the visuals to you "aren't bad," then maybe you should learn to recognize these things before you make such a ridiculous post. It's not like a bunch of random gamers across the globe conspired to make up such allegations for a game. People all over experienced these same issues concurrently. So maybe you should stop being so defensive about a game whose faults the development team has acknowledged and is releasing a patch to alleviate. Seriously, get over yourself.

@NegaBioLizard

I think you should take your own advice. To me the 'issues' in this game are minimal compared to Just Cause 3, which is STILL broken as far as the frame rate goes once the wanted level goes up high enough. But just like that game you learn to compensate and enjoy the game(s) for what they are.

I could only imagine what some modern gamers, who only seem to care about visuals more than substance, would think of the games I started gaming on (80's arcade stuff, Atari 2600 games).
I'm not loyal to any company or brand, especially the Cult Of Houser(GTA games) or Sony(PS3/PS4/etc). Defending corporations is absurd.

NegaBioLizard
3 months ago#9
ThrillKillFan posted...

I think you should take your own advice. To me the 'issues' in this game are minimal compared to Just Cause 3, which is STILL broken as far as the frame rate goes once the wanted level goes up high enough. But just like that game you learn to compensate and enjoy the game(s) for what they are.

I could only imagine what some modern gamers, who only seem to care about visuals more than substance, would think of the games I started gaming on (80's arcade stuff, Atari 2600 games).

@ThrillKillFan

You know, for some games I agree that visuals don't matter, but if I'm supposed to be flying in a game then that feature should be polished. If the game is marketed with a focus on flashy explosions that are visually impressive, then the game had better be visually impressive. (Simple logic that I'm sure you can follow.) There are several visual issues in this game that not just minor, they are truly immersion breaking. I started gaming in the NES days, so I'm no newcomer to dated visuals; I still enjoy playing the old NES/PS1 final fantasy games with their pixelated visuals, so get off your high horse dude. The game was marketed deceptively, and the dev team is being called out for the flaws they tried to hide, which is why they're releasing a patch. If the flaws didn't exist, they wouldn't be patching anything. If you can ignore the flaws, then good for you. Just stay out of the way of the people who know what they're talking about, and stay in your own little corner of ignorance. Again, get over yourself.

ThrillKillFan
3 months ago#10
NegaBioLizard posted...
You know, for some games I agree that visuals don't matter, but if I'm supposed to be flying in a game then that feature should be polished.

@NegaBioLizard
I had no issue with the wing suit. Though I haven't really tried any of the planes besides the one ultra light you're given in the one mission yet. Having too much fun with the wing suit (even without the missiles, chain gun and rocket booster).
If the game is marketed with a focus on flashy explosions that are visually impressive, then the game had better be visually impressive. (Simple logic that I'm sure you can follow.)

The explosions seem pretty impressive to me complete with the shockwave after the initial explosion. Not to mention the game ain't too shabby to look at either. Maybe Pearle Vision is in your future?
There are several visual issues in this game that not just minor, they are truly immersion breaking.

Such as? I'm genuinely curious what you think is immersion breaking.
I started gaming in the NES days, so I'm no newcomer to dated visuals; I still enjoy playing the old NES/PS1 final fantasy games with their pixelated visuals, so get off your high horse dude.

Not on any kind of horse. It's not "wrong" to actually enjoy a game as it was created. As long as it's not freezing/crashing my console constantly I'm fine with pop in. Heck. In GTA IV I'd have whole buildings pop in in front of me. I too play video games as an escape from reality. Yet I still understand that they are created by other imperfect human beings. Plus I'm not super nitpicky about every little thing in games typically. Now the condition of pre-owned games on the other hand....
The game was marketed deceptively, and the dev team is being called out for the flaws they tried to hide, which is why they're releasing a patch. If the flaws didn't exist, they wouldn't be patching anything.

Actually in this day and age of social media and people b****ing incessantly until things are changed to suit them the devs wouldn't have had a moment's peace until they promised to release a patch.
If you can ignore the flaws, then good for you. Just stay out of the way of the people who know what they're talking about, and stay in your own little corner of ignorance. Again, get over yourself.

Know what they're talking about? You mean modern gamers who love flash and fluff over actual substance? The same people who will buy the same game across three gens (Shadow Of The Colossus) just because the devs added in more blades of grass or other inane s*** to make it prettier?

Excuse me for actually being able to enjoy a game for what it is and not complain constantly till a developer changes it into what I want it to be. I could see complaining if the game is truly broken. But it's NOT. Your definition of game breaking and mine don't match and I'm fine with that. Doesn't make me ignorant and it certainly won't shut me up. But please continue as this is amusing as it proves my modern gamers scream over the top of others to think they're right theory.
  1. Boards
  2. Just Cause 4
  3. Update patch coming next week
  • Topic Archived