You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Jump Force
  3. I'm questioning Ichigo strength...(in the lore)

User Info: Thegreatgray

Thegreatgray
4 weeks ago#1
I'm at episode 194 right now (sorry,I tried a similar question,but it really didn't got any reply at another board.) And so far he always get his butt handed to him starting the arrancar and ALWAYS get saved by someone or something. Goku,Kiffula from Hunter x Hunter,Kenshiro,and even Natsu was better than this.

Examples-Vs Grimmjow 1st and 2nd fight
Got saved by some portal and then Rukia

Ulquiorra-I understand that,but got EXTREMELY LUCKY and got saved by Grimmjow before final fight.(I kinda think he should died right there,no offense)

Dordonii Alessandro-got saved by Nel,even through he already stronger than him if he transformed,he would've got killed by that cero. Still, another time he got lucky.

Yammy-can't even beat him. Got saved by Kisuke and Yoruchi. I mean come on...

And then that sand monster at hunco mundo,got saved by Rukia. I'm going to save time and not going to explain.

Nnotoria-again,got saved by Nel, despite being beated up already.Put that in mind still.

The only battle he won by HIMSELF
since the arrancar arc with no saves or anything was against Grimmjow at their 3rd fight. Just pure 1v1.

So... He got saved 6 times in a row,plus Nnotoria. That's just sad...

I was waiting until Ichigo finally makes a comeback and saves other people,but it kinda starting to get a bit boring, everyone babysitting him basically.I got more bored and tired the more Ichigo gets saved. Is that supposed to be the limit of him until he battles Ulquiorra in his fully holled form at 270(never watched it or anything, just heard this will be the last time they fight. No spoilers btw.) If that's the case,then it really going to be a pain for a while.
I am thou...and thou art I.
KOF2002:K',EX Robert ,Heidren BBCF:Es,Jubei,Terumi,Ragna,Kagura,MuSCVI: Sophtia
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: psycofang

psycofang
4 weeks ago#2
Thegreatgray posted...
Kiffula from Hunter x Hunter,

No. Killua until post spike removal and had the nads to fight Montutuyupī he was picking on weaker individuals for an extremely long time

To answer you, Ichigo is heavily underpowered in this arc and quite a few captains with more experience and traning barely handle the Arrancar.
In terms of practicality Ichigo is usually below them until the story deems it otherwise remembering 3 instances of it occuring and numerous instances of him getting stomped.

It changes soon.
There are people in this world who hate chocolate...those people are evil...also...Ff14 Casual Discord;
https://discord.gg/FbvAfAq

User Info: Yasu25

Yasu25
4 weeks ago#3
To be honest i prefere when he is saved than how he win with grimmijow. Rly... Plot armor and plot win 100000000000% or even higher. He was half dead Orihime scream, and "sorry grimmijow i cant take any more damege" and he literaly destroy grimmijow after this. Rly? That was so unreal...

[spoiler] ulquoirra even killed him, Orihime scream and he come back to life at vasto form and beat ulquoirra like its nothing. After that he could take down yamy after ressurect even without mask [/spoiler]

Ichigo is character which power lvl depends on his enemy. In theory he have his skills, Powers, etc. But in practice its just plot armor and all time diffrent power lvl. Sometimes he can take beating from weaklings just to beat powerful enemy after 2 episode.
Also lets be honest how many times does he really train?
1.to learn getsuga and get back zanpakuto
2.to learn bankai
3.to learn how to control hollow (dont even known if we should count this becouse in true this training was just about constant beating him by vaizards)
4.to get back his lost powers

I dont count learning mugetsu and creating his ultimate technique (which he didnt even use), becouse it was like going to inner world talking and he have new skill. That it was show in manga at least.
Its rly irritating when for so long he train so little need to be saved or win by plot armor.

User Info: OwlProphet

OwlProphet
4 weeks ago#4
Yasu25 posted...
To be honest i prefere when he is saved than how he win with grimmijow. Rly... Plot armor and plot win 100000000000% or even higher. He was half dead Orihime scream, and "sorry grimmijow i cant take any more damege" and he literaly destroy grimmijow after this. Rly? That was so unreal...

[spoiler] ulquoirra even killed him, Orihime scream and he come back to life at vasto form and beat ulquoirra like its nothing. After that he could take down yamy after ressurect even without mask [/spoiler]

Ichigo is character which power lvl depends on his enemy. In theory he have his skills, Powers, etc. But in practice its just plot armor and all time diffrent power lvl. Sometimes he can take beating from weaklings just to beat powerful enemy after 2 episode.
Also lets be honest how many times does he really train?
1.to learn getsuga and get back zanpakuto
2.to learn bankai
3.to learn how to control hollow (dont even known if we should count this becouse in true this training was just about constant beating him by vaizards)
4.to get back his lost powers

I dont count learning mugetsu and creating his ultimate technique (which he didnt even use), becouse it was like going to inner world talking and he have new skill. That it was show in manga at least.
Its rly irritating when for so long he train so little need to be saved or win by plot armor.

Wait I never thought of it before but could Orihime have been subconsciously using her powers to "reject" Ichigo's defeat/death?

Yasu25
4 weeks ago#5
No. Its just plot win and plot armor. Ichigo is always on pair with his current enemy (at least if Kubo didnt decide someone else gonna take him down (like with Nnoitora). Sometimes he become weaker sometimes stronger. Just to have some power lvl as enemy.

User Info: Thegreatgray

Thegreatgray
3 weeks ago#6
How far it is from "soon?" By the way,just saw Ichogo gets saved by Kenpachi,which didn't make any sense since Ichigo beats him in just Shikai. Means Ichigo would just kill him in Bankai,and more than overkill in visored form. How did Kenpachi just silce'n dice Kelsa or whenever his name is and beating up Nnotoria just lie Nel. Ichigo really is the only one who didn't lay one finger on him. BUT,the point being yet again another moment where Ichigo was about to die. Do y'all think I should stop watching this due to these stupid plot armors and fillers?
I am thou...and thou art I.
KOF2002:K',EX Robert ,Heidren BBCF:Es,Jubei,Terumi,Ragna,Kagura,MuSCVI: Sophtia

User Info: Chaos77

Chaos77
3 weeks ago#7
Ichigo never beat Kenpachi their fight was a draw. And Kenpacchi was holding back don't want to spoil it for u cause u don't find out what Kenpachi can really do til around the end of the manga. But lets just say as a kid he did something that is unbelievable. But to really answer your question THIS COULD BE A SPOILER U HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Ichigo never really beat the big bad by himself not ever at the end of the manga.

User Info: Hemerukio

Hemerukio
3 weeks ago#8
Thegreatgray posted...
How far it is from "soon?" By the way,just saw Ichogo gets saved by Kenpachi,which didn't make any sense since Ichigo beats him in just Shikai. Means Ichigo would just kill him in Bankai,and more than overkill in visored form. How did Kenpachi just silce'n dice Kelsa or whenever his name is and beating up Nnotoria just lie Nel. Ichigo really is the only one who didn't lay one finger on him. BUT,the point being yet again another moment where Ichigo was about to die. Do y'all think I should stop watching this due to these stupid plot armors and fillers?

Kenpachi has an ability (not plot) that he subconsciously has active in fights. It's kind of a side thing that isn't mentioned in the anime or manga, but it's basically an ability that passively scales either him up to be equal in power to a stronger enemy or scales a weaker enemy up to fight equally with him. Ichigo was only able to bring him to a draw (not beat him) due to this, and it's the same reason why he was able to easily beat an enemy Ichigo would've struggled against.
PSN: Everember
Piranha Plant is a classy lady, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Yasu25
3 weeks ago#9
Hemerukio posted...

Kenpachi has an ability (not plot) that he subconsciously has active in fights. It's kind of a side thing that isn't mentioned in the anime or manga,[...] .

This almost killed me... How can he have abilitiy which wasnt mantioned in manga or anime? Does that mean that from today every character can get skill which wasnt mantioned in manga/anime/game, etc.?

It was said later in manga: when Ichigo and friends go save Rukia every Captain was much weaker than normally becouse of times of peace. They become kinda lazy and they raietsu "frozen", but after they was attack it start to burn again. It was said when Captain fight espada 3-1.

About Kenpachi: he always give enemy handicap (even his eyepatch or bells are proof), also Ichigo was saved in theyr fight by his hollow side. he subconsciously created hollow mask near his chest which worked like armor.
Also when you look at Ichigo and his bankai then its s*** later on. At start it was mega boost to speed. He become so fast that even byakuya need his senkei to catch up. Later everyone are as fast as Ichigo banki or are even faster without any ressurection.
Kubo just didnt think about this and make Ichigo banki ussles s*** in true. Without hollow Ichigo would be to weak and to slow to any enemy.
ichigo sucks. one move having ass
  1. Boards
  2. Jump Force
  3. I'm questioning Ichigo strength...(in the lore)