• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Jump Force
  3. shouldn't we get more villains for the game?

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
2 months ago#1
so far we have only 6 villains confirmed
1-cell
2-frieza
3-blackbeard
4-aizen
5-toguro
6-shishio
and if we add to them the rumored characters Madara and Dio that would make 8 villains vs 27 heroes !! plus surely we will get even more heroes

Alot of the announced series didn't get villain representitives such as Fist of the north,HunterxHunter,saint seiya..etc

do you think this is enough for the storymode?
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum
(message deleted)

User Info: ZerefDxD

ZerefDxD
2 months ago#3
The lack of villains is because this is not really a valid or good criteria in the first place, it is actually even more forced than asking to add females for the sake of having females. Most series do not even have any villains that should take priority over other popular characters and main protagonists along with one or two secondary characters are always above villains.

Also all of the cast villains in the game will most likely be on the good side due to the game structure since they are mentors of the custom characters.. just like in Xenoverse you see Zamasu, Cooler, Broly, Cell etc siding with the good guys even though you might fight them in story mode. And the opposite also happens, some good guys like Vegeta or Boa Hancock might also be bosses in the story mode since we saw that Jump Force also follows that ''shadow corruption'' thing that Xenoverse followed.

So basically asking for villains for the sake of having villains is pointless here as all characters can contribute in the same way and there a lot better criteria to decide for characters especially when important series are yet absent from Jump Force.

hanfoi
2 months ago#4
ZerefDxD posted...
The lack of villains is because this is not really a valid or good criteria in the first place, it is actually even more forced than asking to add females for the sake of having females. Most series do not even have any villains that should take priority over other popular characters and main protagonists along with one or two secondary characters are always above villains.

Also all of the cast villains in the game will most likely be on the good side due to the game structure since they are mentors of the custom characters.. just like in Xenoverse you see Zamasu, Cooler, Broly, Cell etc siding with the good guys even though you might fight them in story mode. And the opposite also happens, some good guys like Vegeta or Boa Hancock might also be bosses in the story mode since we saw that Jump Force also follows that ''shadow corruption'' thing that Xenoverse followed.

So basically asking for villains for the sake of having villains is pointless here as all characters can contribute in the same way and there a lot better criteria to decide for characters especially when important series are yet absent from Jump Force.

not really ,in the trailer we have seen frieza ,cell and blackbeard under some kind of evil control force that makes them act violent against our CaC hero

Also in Xenoverse ,the timeline is usually altered to make villains more violent like cell,frieza,buu,zamasu...etc

but sometimes we get some good guys on the bad side like hercule turning evil against teen gohan

I'm just asking for this for the sake of balance, also if they were to make Parallel quests like in Xenoverse,we'd need more villain vs hero pairings to relive the anime/manga moments in-game

personally i'd like only 5 more villains to be added to the roster,that includes Dio,Madara,Yhwach,Souther,Pitou. this would give us more balance and more variety of battles to choose from since it's unacceptable to give us cell and frieza from dbz and not give us a single villain from fist of the north or hxh

User Info: UmbryTiddles

UmbryTiddles
2 months ago#5
hanfoi posted...
so far we have only 6 villains confirmed
1-cell
2-frieza
3-blackbeard
4-aizen
5-toguro
6-shishio
and if we add to them the rumored characters Madara and Dio that would make 8 villains vs 27 heroes !! plus surely we will get even more heroes

Alot of the announced series didn't get villain representitives such as Fist of the north,HunterxHunter,saint seiya..etc

do you think this is enough for the storymode?

I think they’re classifying Hisoka as a villain.

User Info: OwlProphet

OwlProphet
2 months ago#6
What about Hisoka? Bit ambiguous but I think he counts.

Raoh was in both Jump Ultimate Stars and J-stars Victory VS, so I think he's got a fair shot of coming back for this one

Also, what if the additional Naruto characters we're all expecting contains more than one villain? Sakura, Kakashi and Madara seem the most likely 3 Naruto characters but if they were to bring Naruto to 6 characters like DB and OP, who would the 6th character be? I can see the possibility of Pain, Kaguya, Obito or (at a stretch) Orochimaru.

I don't really know enough about Saint Seiya to say whether it has a good villain to include.

But with Kane and Galena still and some kind of possession or corruption taking over some heroes (including Vegeta), I don't think there's any shortage of villains for the story

hanfoi
2 months ago#7
OwlProphet posted...

Raoh was in both Jump Ultimate Stars and J-stars Victory VS, so I think he's got a fair shot of coming back for this one

Also, what if the additional Naruto characters we're all expecting contains more than one villain? Sakura, Kakashi and Madara seem the most likely 3 Naruto characters but if they were to bring Naruto to 6 characters like DB and OP, who would the 6th character be? I can see the possibility of Pain, Kaguya, Obito or (at a stretch) Orochimaru.

I don't really know enough about Saint Seiya to say whether it has a good villain to include.

But with Kane and Galena still and some kind of possession or corruption taking over some heroes (including Vegeta), I don't think there's any shortage of villains for the story

the sixth naruto character is gaara

User Info: OwlProphet

OwlProphet
2 months ago#8
hanfoi posted...
OwlProphet posted...

the sixth naruto character is gaara

Could be, he's certainly popular enough and he'd have a pretty unique moveset

hanfoi
2 months ago#9
also hisoka has never acted as a villain in the manga or anime, he is just an anti-hero character,the only bad thing was being pedophile but he has never wanted to kill or hated the protagonists Gon/Killua that much like Frieza/Cell wanted to kill Goku

User Info: perrolococz

perrolococz
2 months ago#10
You'd think we will also get Raoh and Akainu (since both were in J-Stars, I doubt they won't reuse them)...

7.- Hisoka
8.- Madara
9.- Raoh
10.- Akainu
11.- DIO

I think that's fine with villian representation.
I don't like that it seems we are not getting Majin Buu... (Why add Cell and not Buu? I just hate it as a completionist haha, like add every major villian for each Dragon Ball (Z) arc! Vegeta, Freezer, Cell... And Buu!

From what I've read of Jump's mangas the other iconic villians I can remember are Hao from Shaman King and Dakki from Hoshin Engi, both series not represented in game.
And Meruem from HxH would be cool.

I'd say villians are ok anyways.

And btw a Lot of people mention Hades from Saint Seiya... This "iconic villian" appears just in one of the chapter of the entire manga if my memory is right, it would be bettet to just include a Gold Knight that's popular like Shaka or Saga.
3DS FC: 4398-9300-3061
Trying to main Ness.
  1. Boards
  2. Jump Force
  3. shouldn't we get more villains for the game?
  • Topic Archived