You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Anyone else lose the will to play now that no additional content is confirmed?

User Info: Alec_777

Alec_777
1 month ago#1
I love this series, and I love this game, but there are 2 main things that prevent me from considering it great: no Turbo Mode and no Divergence Mode. Why Turbo was left out is beyond me. And while Divergence seemed to be nothing more than wishful thinking, the lack of it is exactly what worried me from the beginning. Playing the same 6-8 missions (not including boss-only) that Dante and Nero get - with the remaining not even worth replaying because V - got boring pretty quickly.

Now that no DLC is confirmed my hopes of getting either of these modes are gone and, I dunno, I just don’t have the will to play anymore. Anyone else feel the same? I want to get more hours out of my purchase but I boot up the game and think "Ok, so Nero or Dante? Ok, so which one of the 6-8 missions should I play... well I've already played them a dozen times, **** it I'm booting up Sekiro." I know that the same could just as well be said if we did have Divergence, but having more missions for the two characters worth playing would have extended the replay-value significantly.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do. - Captain Jack Sparrow

User Info: BloodLust7300

BloodLust7300
1 month ago#2
Alec_777 posted...
I love this series, and I love this game, but there are 2 main things that prevent me from considering it great: no Turbo Mode and no Divergence Mode. Why Turbo was left out is beyond me. And while Divergence seemed to be nothing more than wishful thinking, the lack of it is exactly what worried me from the beginning. Playing the same 6-8 missions (not including boss-only) that Dante and Nero get - with the remaining not even worth replaying because V - got boring pretty quickly.

Now that no DLC is confirmed my hopes of getting either of these modes are gone and, I dunno, I just don’t have the will to play anymore. Anyone else feel the same? I want to get more hours out of my purchase but I boot up the game and think "Ok, so Nero or Dante? Ok, so which one of the 6-8 missions should I play... well I've already played them a dozen times, **** it I'm booting up Sekiro." I know that the same could just as well be said if we did have Divergence, but having more missions for the two characters worth playing would have extended the replay-value significantly.

I’ve been in that boat for awhile. Took me awhile to get around to son of Sparta difficulty and Still playing a mission or two every few days on Dante must die

I don’t see myself throwing on this after I’m done playing the super characters. Sucks because it’s an awesome game and I hate having to loose the “skill” by not playing consistently.

But with no multiplayer and no DLC, I just don’t think I’ll be sticking around as long as I’d hoped

User Info: BehemothBlade

BehemothBlade
1 month ago#3
Will play the game for the next decade.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: myghostisdead

myghostisdead
1 month ago#4
I'll keep playing it. I play 1-4 every do often.
"Mom, was I in a wreck?"

User Info: Topkick1975

Topkick1975
1 month ago#5
I don't have a ton of free time to game, but I find myself switching between DMC5 Bloody Palace rounds and DMC4SE Bloody Palace as Vergil. (Rotated the Vergil rounds in after hearing how unlikely it is they'll add him to 5...though I can't figure out why they won't)

User Info: BloodLust7300

BloodLust7300
1 month ago#6
Topkick1975 posted...
I don't have a ton of free time to game, but I find myself switching between DMC5 Bloody Palace rounds and DMC4SE Bloody Palace as Vergil. (Rotated the Vergil rounds in after hearing how unlikely it is they'll add him to 5...though I can't figure out why they won't)

It’s about making full products with passion or for the gamers anymore

It’s cash

Only reason is they think it’s more profitable to move on with next project then give the fans what they want

User Info: Stallion_Prime

Stallion_Prime
1 month ago#7
Theyre a business.
-Hunter1534
http://abload.de/img/powercdkcb.gif

User Info: ItalianIdiot

ItalianIdiot
1 month ago#8
No problem on my end, even if I'm bummed out by the news.

At least the overall package is better than 4, I played the s*** out of 4 vanilla but maybe I would've found myself in your position if we got a 4-2 instead of 5.

User Info: Dathrowed1

Dathrowed1
1 month ago#9
No, I dont play too many games so this, sekiro, fighting games are what I play right now.

It did at first, but then I accepted it and played more of it. I really wanted Vergil, but his moveset is DMC4SE and I have that game
sig
Yea kinda. I did all there is to do, now all I need is S rank for every mission.

I'd still be playin if I had co-op bloody palace to gimme a break from rank grinds. I don't wanna run mission 7 n 13 over n over for my co-op fix lol, especially if most times co-op in 7 is so hard to make happen wit randos.

I'm disappointed since this game is so close to perfect, all they rly needed was co-op bloody palace, playable Vergil n turbo mode n I think most of us would say it's perfect.

Personally I'd like some more customization like new costumes or ex colors (srsly i ain't picky, new color combos is fine), more co-op missions, playable girls, so much more... But I think those 3 things were tha main things this game needed for fans.

Turbo mode, bloody palace, Vergil. All seem like some simple s*** tbh(maybe not turbo mode, mite be too hard for this engine on current hardware), so it sucks that this game is so close to perfect but these exclusions n some other small s*** bring it down
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Anyone else lose the will to play now that no additional content is confirmed?