• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Bloody Palace demonstrates the flaws of current Devil May Cry's core gameplay.

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
1 month ago#1
Lets look at the number one action game right now, Sekiro. It doesn't have a "survival mode" or any such equivalent. Why? Because the game itself is the challenge. Enemies are actually designed to individually challenge the player and will aggressively pursue them. Notice how the original Devil May Cry was the same way. The difficulty was naturally integrated into the game so there was no need for a mode dedicated to it.

The "100 floor" format has an implicit acknowledgement that most of the enemies are just fodder, and that is not good game design.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

User Info: ufara

ufara
1 month ago#2
So anyone know what game Gearbox took money from to fund Borderlands 3?
My t**s are in permanent party mode. They refuse to be calm.
If it looks like I'm s*** posting, I'm probably s*** posting.

User Info: CRK44

CRK44
1 month ago#3
ufara posted...

If they were smart they would have taken away funding from a game really early in development in order save the most on future costs not yet shelled out for. But idk much about Gearbox

User Info: chang3ling

chang3ling
1 month ago#4
ufara posted...

Half-Life 3.
I know that's Valve.
~The trance is the motion

User Info: ace_spades111

ace_spades111
1 month ago#5
I mean its not so much a flaws as it is a preference... Itsunos DMCs were never trying to challenge you in the sense that the game is trying to kill you.

The guy and his team worked towards creating the combo based fighting game equivalent within the genre. I don't think it would be a stretch to say Itsuno more or less cemented a nameless sub genre.
I read some one call it a spectacle action game once, which sounded fitting compared to character action game which is just stupid and an excellent demonstration of how the most garbage things catch on in the inter webs

Anyways I don't see Itsunos DMCs not being Ninja Gaiden or Sekiro as a flaw. Why would I? I may as well be pissed that GTA doesn't provide driving sequences as deep as Gran Turismo.

DMC5 certainly has flaws for what its trying to achieve, those things are certainly worth talking about... but DMC5s level design not providing something its not really trying to provide... not so much

User Info: HeejyHorang

HeejyHorang
1 month ago#6
Sometimes people just want to be an overpowered bad ass and murder everything in sight instead of being a gimped ninja who struggles to survive.... Sometimes user preference is a difficult concept to fully comprehend

User Info: CRK44

CRK44
1 month ago#7
Y'all are responding in a troll thread.

User Info: ufara

ufara
1 month ago#8
CRK44 posted...
ufara posted...

If they were smart they would have taken away funding from a game really early in development in order save the most on future costs not yet shelled out for. But idk much about Gearbox

Basically, they took money from Aliens: Colonial Marines to help fund Borderlands 2.

And possibly, Duke Nukem Forever.
My t**s are in permanent party mode. They refuse to be calm.
If it looks like I'm s*** posting, I'm probably s*** posting.

User Info: DaimaoTakahashi

DaimaoTakahashi
1 month ago#9
chang3ling posted...
ufara posted...

Half-Life 3.
I know that's Valve.

Battleborn, maybe?
No crying until the end.

User Info: Megiddo_Flare

Megiddo_Flare
1 month ago#10
https://i.imgtc.com/HYnlGIE.gif
http://i.imgur.com/bjW8afj.jpg
PSN: SHIN_MEGIDDO_X
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Bloody Palace demonstrates the flaws of current Devil May Cry's core gameplay.
  • Topic Archived