• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Now that DMC5 is out, what do you want to see from DMC in the future?

User Info: Sasquatch462

Sasquatch462
3 weeks ago#1
I would have to go with a new anime. Yeah, yeah I already know there's a Netflix one in production, but I highly doubt that will be canon. I think there's huge potential for a new anime staring Nero, Nico, and the DMC van and then with that leading into DMC6.

What I would like more though is a spin off staring Lady & Trish. Almost every DMC game ends with a job being took, and DMC5 is no exception. Why not explore what happens next? Either through DLC for DMC5 or an entirely new game. Give Trish Alastar as a weapon, and Lady her arsenal from DMC4SE and just introduce new weapons or abilities to each of them throughout the game/DLC.

User Info: Cloud069

Cloud069
3 weeks ago#2
Vergil as main character game.
PSN: Cloud073

User Info: WhiteZeus

WhiteZeus
3 weeks ago#3
A longer story with more varied stages.

This story was WAY to short for 3 playable characters, it really hurts the experience.

User Info: TheoTheGray

TheoTheGray
3 weeks ago#4
No more of the brother rivalry. It's tired.

Go back to what 4 introduced. Give Nero more options.

User Info: shababboss

shababboss
3 weeks ago#5
Less of the dead weight.

He had two games to prove his worth, he hasn't. He's a good side character, but he can't carry the game in spotlight.

Sons of Sparda / Sparda/ New BA female character who's Dantes daughter are all good options.

User Info: hanautaBOB

hanautaBOB
3 weeks ago#6
A DmC2 for two reasons...

1 Capcom did takee "the good stuff" from it fir DMC V, so it could make both series try to improve each other.

2 Maybe they could try it with a more serious tone of story telling now. I felt the Little Writing the Vergil's Downfall DLC had was actually kind of interesting... so maybe if they Don't try to be funny about it it could work out.

3 I kind of hate that DmC ended on Sequel Baiting and that evem the DLC reinforced that with showing Vergil Powering up and become the Leader of the Demons. In the DMC Franchise there is no other Title that dooes Sequel Bait as Hard as DmC did.

4 I feel that the Movesets of Dante and Vergil in DmC could have been way more fleshed out. Wouls be cool to see them improve.

Don't get me wrong, if the decision is either DMC6 or DmC2 i'd continue with 6, that's sure. But if the team of DMC V is busy with other stuff, someone could make a DmC2 and if it does stuff right it it could improve DMC6 like DMC V took cues from DmC.

Maybe the maarketing shouldn't hate the fans of the mainline and hopefully people who enjoyed DmC could start to be less aggressive as well...

Although I already know the hatred between DMC and DmC fans will probably never die.

User Info: DanteDDT

DanteDDT
3 weeks ago#7
Sasquatch462 posted...
I would have to go with a new anime. Yeah, yeah I already know there's a Netflix one in production, but I highly doubt that will be canon. I think there's huge potential for a new anime staring Nero, Nico, and the DMC van and then with that leading into DMC6.

What I would like more though is a spin off staring Lady & Trish. Almost every DMC game ends with a job being took, and DMC5 is no exception. Why not explore what happens next? Either through DLC for DMC5 or an entirely new game. Give Trish Alastar as a weapon, and Lady her arsenal from DMC4SE and just introduce new weapons or abilities to each of them throughout the game/DLC.

@Sasquatch462

Interesting you asked as I'm doing a topic down the line on this very subject (what I would like).

As for Trish I think personally she is better off with Pandora. SPOILERS follow..............

We know she can no longer use the sparda sword & let's assume Luce & Ombra were destroyed during her tentacle ordeal. Pandora would cover both melee & ranged for her.

Also I see the Devil Arm & Trish as the same species of demon. I know she is an artificial being, but doesn't mean Mundus could base her off a already existing species.

The both have many similarities 1. They both shape shift, 2. Both emit a yellow light as a weapon. 3. Both are female.

I think it's interesting that a demon would use another of her kind in devil arm form. Kinda like a before & after scenario!
I'll only give my Heart to who can break through my Armour!

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
3 weeks ago#8
Angels.
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: Rozalia

Rozalia
3 weeks ago#9
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/28/bc/01/28bc0163c6dceedd423c492d6905a4ec.jpg

The above but with Dante and Lucia as the parents, and with Lucy and Sombra their children in the crib. Dante has to take responsibility sometime, can't be like Vergil that deadbeat.
http://psnprofiles.com/Rozalia1

User Info: ClericIdola

ClericIdola
3 weeks ago#10
LOOOPS posted...
Angels.

Eh, might as well go for that Bayonetta crossover.
KINGDOM HEARTS III PLAYTHROUGH
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYhynQ6a6k_yI3SG8GU-c6AUbbV7LTDYU
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Now that DMC5 is out, what do you want to see from DMC in the future?
  • Topic Archived