• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Redgrave City and the Devil May Cry office, what the hell?

User Info: AlexxShadenk777

AlexxShadenk777
3 weeks ago#11
pablofreak88 posted...
Dante's office and the Qliphoth would be on the same city, he would watch it grow and only lift a finger when paid by V.

No. The fact that Morrison picked up the job from V in the first place means neither Dante nor Morrison live anywhere near Redgrave City.

1. The burned house and dead woman in the manga have no relation to Eva.

The burned house must be Dante's home. The dead woman in the manga is more than likely unrelated and might've been Lady's mother. Consider the manga was unfinished and volume 3 was going to focus on her, so that line about the "dead woman" could very well have been foreshadowing for the reveal. But we'll probably never know for sure.

2. The anime episode where the guy remembers Dante, his mother and I think his brother and calls Dante Tony. Dante confirms he used that name to play when he was a kid, so when Eva told him to change his name it was an easy choice. The Tony in this episode is not Dante.

Easy. It was Vergil. Done.

3. Dante Changes the location of the Devil May Cry office

How do you know he changed the location where nobody even knows where his office is located in the first place? Its appearance has changed over the years, but even in DMC3, where it's wrecked at the start and repaired at the end, there is still debris and crashed buses outside and the road textures are clearly the exact same, which means he simply repaired his shop while the city (whatever city he is in in DMC3) is still in shambles and in the process of recovery. One thing is clear: his shop has never been in Redgrave City.
A combo away keeps the B rank away!

User Info: Lastbetrayal

Lastbetrayal
3 weeks ago#12
Toan posted...
pablofreak88 posted...
Toan posted...
pablofreak88 posted...
And The Morrison letter say that Morrison found the DMC office soon after it opened and that Dante went to Redgrave city to destroy Urizen. So yeah.

That right there proves Dante's new office wasn't at Redgrave, and i'm almost certain he'd never have opened his 1st shop there

Yes, I just have to asume the burned house and dead woman in the manga have no relation to Eva. As that was f***ing the canon for me.

The manga, and all but 2 of the novels, aren't canon

Funny enough, parts of them are canon though. Not that the devs will ever detail exactly what. Hell, the original novel is the most they've done for spelling things out, what with half of it's events being referenced in the game and new novel.
If you encounter a situation where all hope is lost and you have only one chance for victory, follow these instructions:
"Do a Barrel roll"

User Info: pablofreak88

pablofreak88
3 weeks ago#13
Dante's office and the Qliphoth would be on the same city, he would watch it grow and only lift a finger when paid by V.

No. The fact that Morrison picked up the job from V in the first place means neither Dante nor Morrison live anywhere near Redgrave City.

This I got cleared from the morrison letters, so I agree.

1. The burned house and dead woman in the manga have no relation to Eva.

The burned house must be Dante's home. The dead woman in the manga is more than likely unrelated and might've been Lady's mother. Consider the manga was unfinished and volume 3 was going to focus on her, so that line about the "dead woman" could very well have been foreshadowing for the reveal. But we'll probably never know for sure.

Kalina Ann is seen in the manga telling Arkham dinner is ready, and Lady is a regular girl so her mother has not died yet. If the burned house is Dante's home then his shop is in Redgrave City as they say literally a burned house on the outskirt of town, the town where Dante is living right now with his unnamed office, The burned house NOT being his home fixes this.

3. Dante Changes the location of the Devil May Cry office

How do you know he changed the location where nobody even knows where his office is located in the first place? Its appearance has changed over the years, but even in DMC3, where it's wrecked at the start and repaired at the end, there is still debris and crashed buses outside and the road textures are clearly the exact same, which means he simply repaired his shop while the city (whatever city he is in in DMC3) is still in shambles and in the process of recovery. One thing is clear: his shop has never been in Redgrave City. I kind of answered this in point 1.
PSN: MuraMasaXtreme88 Pawn Rose Sorceress Lvl 33
PSN: Kuro_Okami8 Pawn Behemoth Warrior Lvl 38

User Info: Xtreme65

Xtreme65
3 weeks ago#14
The way I see it. The manga was never finished, therefore its not canon.

DMC5 went out of its way to reference the first novel, the anime, and the DMC4 novel. As if to confirm these things were canon. No where does it refer to the manga, or the DMC2 novel.
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

User Info: pablofreak88

pablofreak88
3 weeks ago#15
Xtreme65 posted...
The way I see it. The manga was never finished, therefore its not canon.

DMC5 went out of its way to reference the first novel, the anime, and the DMC4 novel. As if to confirm these things were canon. No where does it refer to the manga, or the DMC2 novel.

The eva cutscene, and Vergil being away, in DMC3 the haven't seen you in a year bit. but yeah i will just ignore the burned house since it f***s everything up.
PSN: MuraMasaXtreme88 Pawn Rose Sorceress Lvl 33
PSN: Kuro_Okami8 Pawn Behemoth Warrior Lvl 38

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
3 weeks ago#16
Toan posted...
Also Dante would've done something if that tree popped up in his backyard. He killed that demon in the last episode of the anime without being paid iirc

He does a lot of jobs without being paid. Kinda partially why he’s always broke. That and too much destruction, like destroying the bridge against the phantom biker.

Even if he didn’t go take out the tree on his own he at least would have seen it and known about it if it was in his city. Kinda hard to miss a tree bout the same size as the tower.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Redgrave City and the Devil May Cry office, what the hell?
  • Topic Archived