• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Redgrave City and the Devil May Cry office, what the hell?

User Info: pablofreak88

pablofreak88
3 weeks ago#1
Is the Devil May Cry office in Redgrave City? - Results (44 votes)
Yes
22.73% (10 votes)
No
77.27% (34 votes)
This poll is now closed.
From reading the manga it seems the city in 3 and Redgrave City are the same as Arkham talks about a book and a scar he got from said book, The authorities or someone found a book in a house that was burned without explanation and where a womans burned deformed body was found. The people gave the book to Arkham, he was a scholar most likely and the book could be part of Spardas collection to either keep it safe or investigate it, at least that is what I think.

Temen Ni Gru was buried deep within the city so It didn't appear magically as I thought, but simply pushed its way to the surface. It also makes kind of sense for Sparda to live there and protect Temen Ni Gru, but he holds all but one of the keys to open it (priestess' blood) so he could live far away and protect it all the same.

So basically Dante left Redgrave City after Eva's death, then the whole Tony Redgrave thing happened and came back 10 years later to open shop in the same city his mother died. Temen Ni Gru was raised on Redgrave City itself.You can find the same type of phones you use to call Nico on the anime. Also in the Anime he travels to his home town by train, but he already lives there? Dante's office and the Qliphoth would be on the same city, he would watch it grow and only lift a finger when paid by V.

3 options here on order to make sense

1. The burned house and dead woman in the manga have no relation to Eva.

2. The anime episode where the guy remembers Dante, his mother and I think his brother and calls Dante Tony. Dante confirms he used that name to play when he was a kid, so when Eva told him to change his name it was an easy choice. The Tony in this episode is not Dante.

3. Dante Changes the location of the Devil May Cry office

So to end it all I want to know what you guys think. Is the Devil May Cry store in Redgrave City?
PSN: MuraMasaXtreme88 Pawn Rose Sorceress Lvl 33
PSN: Kuro_Okami8 Pawn Behemoth Warrior Lvl 38

User Info: AlexxShadenk777

AlexxShadenk777
3 weeks ago#2
No, the office isn't in Redgrave City. If it were, I think Dante would've noticed the massive demon tree right in the center.
A combo away keeps the B rank away!

User Info: Toan

Toan
3 weeks ago#3
The phone argument is moot. Cellphones don't exist (or since there is a phone in Nero's van attached to the radio, Cellphones could be in their infancy) in the DMC universe, so pay phones are certainly EVERYWHERE. I also think the Internet/computers don't either
God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life.

pablofreak88
3 weeks ago#4
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
No, the office isn't in Redgrave City. If it were, I think Dante would've noticed the massive demon tree right in the center.
Well that point is addressed on my first post.

Dante's office and the Qliphoth would be on the same city, he would watch it grow and only lift a finger when paid by V.

But no one is saying anything about the 3 points

1. The burned house and dead woman in the manga have no relation to Eva.

2. The anime episode where the guy remembers Dante, his mother and I think his brother and calls Dante Tony. Dante confirms he used that name to play when he was a kid, so when Eva told him to change his name it was an easy choice. The Tony in this episode is not Dante.

3. Dante Changes the location of the Devil May Cry office

I want to know what everyone thinks about all of this and my whole first post precisely because the DMC office being on Redgrave City is odd. I want one good reason

I guess the only way this makes sense is point 1 being true.

pablofreak88
3 weeks ago#5
And The Morrison letter say that Morrison found the DMC office soon after it opened and that Dante went to Redgrave city to destroy Urizen. So yeah.

Toan
3 weeks ago#6
pablofreak88 posted...
And The Morrison letter say that Morrison found the DMC office soon after it opened and that Dante went to Redgrave city to destroy Urizen. So yeah.

That right there proves Dante's new office wasn't at Redgrave, and i'm almost certain he'd never have opened his 1st shop there
God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life.

Toan
3 weeks ago#7
Also Dante would've done something if that tree popped up in his backyard. He killed that demon in the last episode of the anime without being paid iirc

pablofreak88
3 weeks ago#8
Toan posted...
pablofreak88 posted...

That right there proves Dante's new office wasn't at Redgrave, and i'm almost certain he'd never have opened his 1st shop there

Yes, I just have to asume the burned house and dead woman in the manga have no relation to Eva. As that was f***ing the canon for me.

Toan
3 weeks ago#9
pablofreak88 posted...
Toan posted...
pablofreak88 posted...

Yes, I just have to asume the burned house and dead woman in the manga have no relation to Eva. As that was f***ing the canon for me.

The manga, and all but 2 of the novels, aren't canon

pablofreak88
3 weeks ago#10
Toan posted...
pablofreak88 posted...
Toan posted...
pablofreak88 posted...

The manga, and all but 2 of the novels, aren't canon

It is though, where they said it wasn't, got a source?
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Redgrave City and the Devil May Cry office, what the hell?
  • Topic Archived