You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Went back to DmC for a bit (please don't go in if you are easily salted)

User Info: IcyWind14

IcyWind14
3 weeks ago#161
Look, there's seems to be some contention over the use of the term series. Whether you'd prefer I say franchise, IP, whatever, the main point is this: This board is the board for the latest Devil May Cry game and as such is seen as also functioning as a general board for Devil May Cry as a whole. DmC is a Devil May Cry game, so talking about it here isn't invading the board or bringing up some unrelated separate entity. DmC happened, it's part of the series/franchise/IP/whatever the f*** you want and sadly you can't pretend it didn't happen or it's entirely its own thing. This game itself is willing to acknowledge it happened with Dante's EX costume being a direct reference to Donte, so maybe you should all trying being a little more like this game?
It's the year 20XX and Mega Man 11 is here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEjxVfWzgVI

User Info: Pig143

Pig143
3 weeks ago#162
IcyWind14 posted...
Pig143 posted...
IcyWind14 posted...
Itsuno considers DmC to be a DMC game, but what does he know? Clearly he has no idea what he's talking about and hopefully he's never allowed near the series again with how wrong he is and how little he knows.

Considers it a Devil May Cry Game, never states it's the same series.
i think you need to reread the article you posted.

Yes, yes. And Final Fantasy isn't a series at all. I know.

Well it is in the sense that the titles are in sequential order, also that X and X-2 is its own series

Good to know you are learning though
IcyWind14 posted...
DmC happened, it's part of the series/franchise/IP/whatever the f*** you want and sadly you can't pretend it didn't happen or it's entirely its own thing. This game itself is willing to acknowledge it happened with Dante's EX costume being a direct reference to Donte, so maybe you should all trying being a little more like this game?

Parody alternate costume does not make it part of the same series

Do you think the Kylo Ren lightsabre taunt V has makes Devil May Cry part of the Star Wars series?
Hackers win at games but they still lose at life, i used to hate them but then i realized they have to cheat so now i just feel sorry for them.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Sasquatch462

Sasquatch462
3 weeks ago#163
It's undeserving of the Devil May Cry name, but it's a competent action game, and that's only thanks to Itsuno because Ninja Theory had no f***ing clue what they were doing. Glad DMC5 further cemented it will never return.

IcyWind14
3 weeks ago#164
Pig143 posted...

But is it part of the same franchise or IP? Have I started using a term you'll agree to or are you actually pretending that DmC isn't a Devil May Cry game in any way? Because even if Itsuno never used the word series, he did say DmC is a DMC game and you can't deny that.

Pig143
3 weeks ago#165
IcyWind14 posted...
Pig143 posted...

But is it part of the same franchise or IP? Have I started using a term you'll agree to or are you actually pretending that DmC isn't a Devil May Cry game in any way? Because even if Itsuno never used the word series, he did say DmC is a DMC game and you can't deny that.

i never denied it wasn't a reboot Devil May Cry game

My issue was that you were claiming it's part of the same series
Reboots go out of their way to say they are their own thing, much like with the female Ghost Busters
IcyWind14 posted...
DmC happened

The nuke on Hiroshima happened.

Things happened, acknowledging that they happened doesn't mean they weren't tragedies
Hackers win at games but they still lose at life, i used to hate them but then i realized they have to cheat so now i just feel sorry for them.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

IcyWind14
3 weeks ago#166
Pig143 posted...

Reboots go out of their way to say they are their own thing, much like with the female Ghost Busters

So are we at least in agreement that if this board currently also serves as the general board for Devil May Cry as a whole, DmC is fair game? Which was the entire point of my original post?

Pig143 posted...

Things happened, acknowledging that they happened doesn't mean they weren't tragedies

...Did you seriously just compare DmC to Hiroshima? The only tragedy I'm seeing is how insecure people still are over DmC even after DMC5's release. It's okay, the big bad reboot can't hurt you anymore.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Pig143
3 weeks ago#167
IcyWind14 posted...
Pig143 posted...

So are we at least in agreement that if this board currently also serves as the general board for Devil May Cry as a whole, DmC is fair game? Which was the entire point of my original post?

Pig143 posted...

...Did you seriously just compare DmC to Hiroshima? The only tragedy I'm seeing is how insecure people still are over DmC even after DMC5's release. It's okay, the big bad reboot can't hurt you anymore.

Reboot is its own series and doesn't belong here in my opinion.
Of course i myself don't care if people make reboot threads here but please don't do so while trying to claim a safe space

i gave the most extreme scenario so you would get the picture, i was in no way saying that a bad video games is the same as a nuke
Acknowledging something happened doesn't excuse it is the point
i guess i have to actually point that out for you though
(edited 3 weeks ago)

IcyWind14
3 weeks ago#168
Pig143 posted...
Reboot is its own series

Same franchise/IP/whatever though, right?

Pig143 posted...
Of course i myself don't care if people make reboot threads here

And yet you accuse someone who does so of "invading the board".

Pig143 posted...
i gave the most extreme scenario so you would get the picture

I would have gotten what you meant without needing a Hiroshima metaphor. Just "Things happened, acknowledging that they happened doesn't mean they weren't tragedies" would have worked fine.

Pig143 posted...
i was in no way saying that a bad video games is the same as a nuke

And yet you chose to make such a comparison anyways without any real need to.

Claiming DmC was any kind of tragedy is tragic in itself.
IcyWind14 posted...
The only tragedy I'm seeing is how insecure people still are over DmC even after DMC5's release. It's okay, the big bad reboot can't hurt you anymore.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Pig143
3 weeks ago#169
IcyWind14 posted...
Pig143 posted...
Of course i myself don't care if people make reboot threads here

And yet you accuse someone who does so of "invading the board".

Like i said on post#112 on page 12. i don't care that he invaded, it's more that he invaded and tried to claim safe space on top of it

IcyWind14 posted...
I would have gotten what you meant without needing a Hiroshima metaphor. Just "Things happened, acknowledging that they happened doesn't mean they weren't tragedies" would have worked fine.

Considering i'm still spelling things out for you i find that hard to believe
(edited 3 weeks ago)

IcyWind14
3 weeks ago#170
Pig143 posted...
Like i said on post#112 on page 12. i don't care that he invaded, it's more that he invaded and tried to claim safe space on top of it

The fact you think he invaded at all shows you do care. Talking about a Devil May Cry game on a Devil May Cry board? How dare he invade here with that unrelated crap.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Went back to DmC for a bit (please don't go in if you are easily salted)