• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Why do people hate Donte for being a jerk when Dante was a jerk too?

User Info: Jonor57

Jonor57
3 weeks ago#101
Lastbetrayal posted...
Jonor57 posted...
Strelok posted...
1: Romance? Okay, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, and are just making up stupid s*** based on little. And battering and assult huh? Cherry picking and nitpicking at it's finest. I think I am just going to dignify those childish statements with what they deserve.

If there is little, imagine how badly Ninja Theory wrote it.
And childish statements? You want me to take your seriously? Or do you want me to dismiss your ludicrous bulls*** even further? Right now I don't even care about you, I am just laughing at how horrendously wrong you are, and decided that this is the hill you want to die on.

2: Yes, and by telling her, he informs the audience what we already know, something that could be done far more subtly and better written.

So, you know nothing about storytelling.
Hot damn, I didn't think your typer was around.

I am going to ignore all the youtube links you posted as those are from DMC, not DmC. Good show, never try this again.

1: Yeah, you are childish. Your statements are basen on nothing but blind hate, nit-picking and cherry-picking. Also, you can’t get your facts straight.

2: so you are going to ignore that the old games had terrible writing and acting? How cute.

The old games didn't pretend to be the next great classical work of art, dude. That's a pretty important detail you've been ironically cherrypicking out.

No, but a lot of fans like to pretend that they are.
Yes, it just so happens that I do not share your opinion.

User Info: Lastbetrayal

Lastbetrayal
3 weeks ago#102
Jonor57 posted...
Lastbetrayal posted...
Jonor57 posted...
Strelok posted...
1: Romance? Okay, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, and are just making up stupid s*** based on little. And battering and assult huh? Cherry picking and nitpicking at it's finest. I think I am just going to dignify those childish statements with what they deserve.

And childish statements? You want me to take your seriously? Or do you want me to dismiss your ludicrous bulls*** even further? Right now I don't even care about you, I am just laughing at how horrendously wrong you are, and decided that this is the hill you want to die on.

2: Yes, and by telling her, he informs the audience what we already know, something that could be done far more subtly and better written.

I am going to ignore all the youtube links you posted as those are from DMC, not DmC. Good show, never try this again.

1: Yeah, you are childish. Your statements are basen on nothing but blind hate, nit-picking and cherry-picking. Also, you can’t get your facts straight.

2: so you are going to ignore that the old games had terrible writing and acting? How cute.

The old games didn't pretend to be the next great classical work of art, dude. That's a pretty important detail you've been ironically cherrypicking out.

Not helping your point there, bud. In fact, you're making it look like what you're doing is "basen on nothing but blind-hate, nit-picking, and cherry-picking".
If you encounter a situation where all hope is lost and you have only one chance for victory, follow these instructions:
"Do a Barrel roll"

User Info: Pig143

Pig143
3 weeks ago#103
Jonor57 posted...
This is up there alongside Dracula's infamous "What is a maaaaan??" as some of the most unintentionally funny bad acting and dialogue ever made.

The original Castlevania Symphony Of The Night back and forth between Dracula and Richter is loved for a reason

Much like the Devil May Cry Series it falls under the so bad it's good category
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTk056dhp68
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s01Yi7VINj8
for example

of course i'm not surprised to see Jonor trying to defend the reboot as well as he tried to with Sonic Forces
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/193360-sonic-forces/76302426?page=3
Can't wait to see how this thread plays out
Hackers win at games but they still lose at life, i used to hate them but then i realized they have to cheat so now i just feel sorry for them.

Jonor57
3 weeks ago#104
Lastbetrayal posted...
Jonor57 posted...
Lastbetrayal posted...
Jonor57 posted...
Strelok posted...

Not helping your point there, bud. In fact, you're making it look like what you're doing is "basen on nothing but blind-hate, nit-picking, and cherry-picking".

I am trying to point out is that some of the faults of DmC's story are either false or greatly exaggerated, and that people are ignoring how poorly written the old games could be. I don't adore DmC's writing or anything, I am just pointing out the hypocrisy and mindless hate the game receives.

That is my point.

Jonor57
3 weeks ago#105
Pig143 posted...
Jonor57 posted...
This is up there alongside Dracula's infamous "What is a maaaaan??" as some of the most unintentionally funny bad acting and dialogue ever made.

The original Castlevania Symphony Of The Night back and forth between Dracula and Richter is loved for a reason

Much like the Devil May Cry Series it falls under the so bad it's good category
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTk056dhp68
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s01Yi7VINj8
for example

of course i'm not surprised to see Jonor trying to defend the reboot as well as he tried to with Sonic Forces
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/193360-sonic-forces/76302426?page=3
Can't wait to see how this thread plays out

I was just wondering when I was going to see you again. Since you kindly like to bring up me on that old thread, let us not forget that you are the guy who thinks that he can act however he wants and say whatever he wants and not take any responsibility for anything that transpires afterwards.

Now, I am going to say this as kindly as I can. Leave. We have nothing to discuss.

User Info: Lastbetrayal

Lastbetrayal
3 weeks ago#106
Jonor57 posted...
I am trying to point out is that some of the faults of DmC's story are either false or greatly exaggerated, and that people are ignoring how poorly written the old games could be. I don't adore DmC's writing or anything, I am just pointing out the hypocrisy and mindless hate.

That is my point.

Well you're not doing a good job of it, especially because that schmaltzy writing is a big part of what gave the old games their charm. I could personally go on a ranting diatribe about how poorly DmC is written. It's not hypocritical nor mindless, it can be from some users, but on the whole game's writing deserves the **** talking it gets. It has no recognizable charm, it actively spits on it's own premises, and it's got the added kick of also having figurative middle fingers thrown at people who like the pre-reboot games. All while pretending to be some neo-classical work of art.
If you encounter a situation where all hope is lost and you have only one chance for victory, follow these instructions:
"Do a Barrel roll"

User Info: Pig143

Pig143
3 weeks ago#107
Jonor57 posted...
Since you kindly like to bring up me on that old thread, let us not forget that you are the guy who thinks that he can act however he wants and say whatever he wants and not take any responsibility for anything that transpires afterwards.

How dare i be on the side of freedom of speech even if peoples feelings get hurt

if people are unstable it's their own responsibility to get help, not for everyone else to walk on glass
Hackers win at games but they still lose at life, i used to hate them but then i realized they have to cheat so now i just feel sorry for them.

User Info: OracleGunner

OracleGunner
3 weeks ago#108
Jonor57 posted...
I am trying to point out is that some of the faults of DmC's story are either false or greatly exaggerated, and that people are ignoring how poorly written the old games could be. I don't adore DmC's writing or anything, I am just pointing out the hypocrisy and mindless hate the game receives.

1. No one thinks that the old games were Shakespearean in terms of quality.
2. The reboot was hyped around the story being better than the previous games.
3. The reboot is just as bad if not worse in some areas than the previous games.
4. You're a f***ing hypocrite that ignores the history of the series in order to defend a mediocre product.

Now I'm going to grab some popcorn in order to read that Sonic bulls***.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.

Jonor57
3 weeks ago#109
Pig143 posted...
Jonor57 posted...
Since you kindly like to bring up me on that old thread, let us not forget that you are the guy who thinks that he can act however he wants and say whatever he wants and not take any responsibility for anything that transpires afterwards.

How dare i be on the side of freedom of speech even if peoples feelings get hurt

if people are unstable it's their own responsibility to get help, not for everyone else to walk on glass

And how dare I excercise my freedom of speech and take offense at your s***ty behavior towards me and tell you to stop?

Also, if people get angry because you pick a fight with them and act like an a****** to them, the minority are going to sympathize with you when you get punched in the face. Remember that.

Now, as I said. Leave.

User Info: OracleGunner

OracleGunner
3 weeks ago#110
Jonor57 posted...
Pig143 posted...
Jonor57 posted...

And how dare I excercise my freedom of speech and take offense at your s***ty behavior towards me and tell you to stop?

Also, if people get angry because you pick a fight with them and act like an a****** to them, the minority are going to sympathize with you when you get punched in the face. Remember that.

Now, as I said. Leave.

*eats popcorn loudly*
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Why do people hate Donte for being a jerk when Dante was a jerk too?
  • Topic Archived