• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. im sorry dudes but WHY doesnt capcom let US play as Dante the WHOLE game?

User Info: ZakuLordJoe

ZakuLordJoe
7 months ago#41
I would have preferred that Dante remain the main character for the series. I'm quite surprised honestly that Nero was brought back after the overall negative reception to him in DMC4. Before DMC5 was announced, I always assumed we'd never see him again. I mean at this point I'm indifferent, I'm just happy the series will continue after so long. But I care about Dante way more than Nero or V.
Yo buddy, still alive?

User Info: Snorlax_exlax

Snorlax_exlax
7 months ago#42
5hadows posted...
By not opting for the multiple character autism

yikes, I don’t think anyone should bother arguing with you if you’re gonna act like that
[JP] Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.com/3LwsuG2.png
Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.com/C7A4RoV.png

User Info: GigantLuffy

GigantLuffy
7 months ago#43
Snorlax_exlax posted...
5hadows posted...
By not opting for the multiple character autism

yikes, I don’t think anyone should bother arguing with you if you’re gonna act like that

When it comes to GameFAQs, arguing with these kinds of "people" over opinions and preferences is a big waste of time.
The Cat of Dojima
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMZSnbSgz4U

User Info: 5hadows

5hadows
7 months ago#44
ZakuLordJoe posted...
I'm quite surprised honestly that Nero was brought back after the overall negative reception to him in DMC4.

Yeah, and I keep seeing people acting like he didn't get this negative reception back then simply because by now everyone has warmed up to him and has seen the alternative option to Nero(Donte).
Ill add something here later....

User Info: Girgante

Girgante
7 months ago#45
Haha true, I was going to reply to him, but you guys are right - it's pointless. He even called basically all the abilities of all 3 characters as fluff, so I don't even know why he's playing the series if he thinks all the characters suck.
No matter what happens, there will be a solution when it happens. - Yoh Asakura, Shaman King
Steam + PSN + NNID: Girgante

User Info: 5hadows

5hadows
7 months ago#46
>I was going to reply to him
Now now, lying isn't pretty.

>But you guys are right.
How so? None of the points were even remotely addressed. All they did was hit the panic button because they went full SJW over a single term which is something you'll hide behind as well considering you have nothing else to add and can now back away while saving face thanks to two random posters.

>It's pointless
Goes to show how confident you were in your points.

>He even called basically all the abilities of all 3 characters as fluff.
I mean your initial argument was a deflection by making a nonsense argument as if anyone was arguing to mix all 3 characters in one when it was actually about designing games and splitting resources into subpar characters or focus the game on one. None of the stupid mechanics such as Exceed, poors man grab and DT come close to the mechanics of characters who had the whole game focused on them.
Ill add something here later....

User Info: Snorlax_exlax

Snorlax_exlax
7 months ago#47
“You are now ignoring this user's topics, posts, and PMs.”

😃
[JP] Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.com/3LwsuG2.png
Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.com/C7A4RoV.png

User Info: Delta123456789

Delta123456789
7 months ago#48
ZakuLordJoe posted...
I would have preferred that Dante remain the main character for the series. I'm quite surprised honestly that Nero was brought back after the overall negative reception to him in DMC4. Before DMC5 was announced, I always assumed we'd never see him again. I mean at this point I'm indifferent, I'm just happy the series will continue after so long. But I care about Dante way more than Nero or V.

Look at it from the writer's perspective though. Dante's already experienced a ton of character development and accomplished a lot, to the point where it's hard to come up with new lessons for him to learn and ever-stronger foes to challenge him (heck, really nothing should threaten him once he beats Mundus, the lord of hell).

After everything he's been through already there's just less potential to tell new and interesting stories with Dante than there is with a new protagonist.

I could fully understand if writers wanted to take the series in a different direction and tell a new story, rather than repeating the same ground while having to keep coming up with ever more elaborate reasons why Dante can't just stomp all the next monster of the week.
If you're a success odds are darned good you got help, support and/or a few second chances along the way, so think long and hard before denying them to others.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. im sorry dudes but WHY doesnt capcom let US play as Dante the WHOLE game?
  • Topic Archived