• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. im sorry dudes but WHY doesnt capcom let US play as Dante the WHOLE game?

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
8 months ago#11
Coming from the guy who attacked someone interested in the game by accusing him of being a 'Soy of War' fan.

There's like 1 post here that could be considered in an insult, and there is no spamming going on AT ALL.

YOU, are what's wrong with the fanbase.

User Info: OracleGunner

OracleGunner
8 months ago#12
BehemothBlade posted...
Whats gone wrong with this fanbase?

Instead of making a reasonable answer everyone is either spamming memes or mocking TC.

Bee, you are a hypocrite. You damn well know TC's trolling habits from the console boards.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.

User Info: Delta123456789

Delta123456789
8 months ago#13
Absolute0ne posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Cause Nero is the main protagonist.

V and Dante are supporting roles.

This.

/Topic closed

Seconded.

Dante already grew into a hero in DMC3 and faced his greatest foe in DMC1 in any case so his story's pretty much done, better for him to make way for new blood.
If you're a success odds are darned good you got help, support and/or a few second chances along the way, so think long and hard before denying them to others.

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
8 months ago#14
Imo most ppl would get bored playin as dante a whole game if he didn't get enuff new styles n weapons
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
8 months ago#15
The_SlimeMan posted...
I ONLY want to play as Dante, whats their reason? is he too old? I just dont get why we only get like a quarter of the game to play as him

YOU’RE here now?

Should’ve done this a long time ago...
Big business has ruined video games. Gamers have ruined gaming.
My Report button is broken. I keep pressing it, but nothing happens.

User Info: Vamp_Wraith

Vamp_Wraith
8 months ago#16
I agree TC. No one asked for Nero, he was just shoved down our throats.

It’s not like I finished DMC3 and I was like, “Man, I hope in 4 they only let us play Dante half the game and start basing the series around someone else!”
The one and only true Dante
professional gamer 8 months ago#17
As long as you're not backtracking half the game this time, then I'll be fine.

User Info: ClericIdola

ClericIdola
8 months ago#18
Sorry, I don't want to keep replaying DMC3 Dante unless they make some significant changes to how he plays. Otherwise I'm just getting reskins of Alastor and Ifrit every game, and two-ish unique weapons.

....and to be fair, Bayonetta 3 needs to do the same, as well.
KINGDOM HEARTS III PLAYTHROUGH
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYhynQ6a6k_yI3SG8GU-c6AUbbV7LTDYU

User Info: Delta123456789

Delta123456789
8 months ago#19
Vamp_Wraith posted...
I agree TC. No one asked for Nero, he was just shoved down our throats.

It’s not like I finished DMC3 and I was like, “Man, I hope in 4 they only let us play Dante half the game and start basing the series around someone else!”

Dante's story was pretty much done by then though. He already grew into a hero and defeated his greatest enemy.

I'd rather the story actually explore new characters and situations rather than going down the Megaman route and just repeating the same tired formula of having the same hero just fight another band of eight robot masters over and over again in every single game.

Of course not every player is going to feel the same way and some don't give a crap about the story at all, but ultimately if you're in that camp you're just going to have to accept that not every game is going to be made with your specific preferences in mind.
If you're a success odds are darned good you got help, support and/or a few second chances along the way, so think long and hard before denying them to others.

User Info: Snorlax_exlax

Snorlax_exlax
8 months ago#20
Vamp_Wraith posted...
No one asked for Nero, he was just shoved down our throats.

If you live in a bubble

plenty of people are glad to have another game with Nero
[JP] Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.com/3LwsuG2.png
Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.com/C7A4RoV.png
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. im sorry dudes but WHY doesnt capcom let US play as Dante the WHOLE game?
  • Topic Archived