You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. After trying the demo and after much thought, I cancelled my preorder.

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
1 week ago#1
I've loved this series since the very beginning, and while V (the game... not the character... ugh) looks "okay", it seems like Cacpcom is doing everything in their power to ruin this game.

Mainly it's the DLC I think, who the f*** thought it was a good idea to charge people to decide which order they put their breakers in? Or that paying for more red orbs was a good idea? Buy a Mega Buster? No thanks, your fanservice isn't necessary or appreciated.

Then there's the models, which I admit look alright, but Dante looks old, and V looks like an emo kid. Don't even get me started on the name "V", I already had a topic discussing how Capcom has to shove Vs in every 5th entry of a series, and it's offensively stupid.

The gameplay feels alright, but considering I have 3 great DMC games and one that's pretty good, "alright" doesn't justify buying this imo.

I may pick up a complete edition in a couple years or something, but my interest in this as of now is nonexistent.

So, I hope you guys enjoy it for what it is, I hope it lives up to expectations and everything, but to me the series ended after 4.
I'm only abrasive to morons.
~GFaqs' Undisputed #1 DBFZ player~ Vegito/Kid Buu/[SSJ Goku or Gotenks] Not that you'd play.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: GrandmaImFull

GrandmaImFull
1 week ago#2
Thanks. I hope you enjoy the complete edition when you get it too.

User Info: RoyalsDK

RoyalsDK
1 week ago#3
All that from a demo and DLC? Wow.

But I hope you enjoy it a few years down the line for $20 bucks or less.
"lets be honest.. Vin has kind of made The Rock the star he is. Rock was pretty much a nobody in hollywood until the fast and furious"- JamesOwnzMaz

User Info: kollie89

kollie89
1 week ago#4
Imagine not getting the game cause Dante looks old or because V’s name is V.

Now not having a dodge button....that’s something that can cause a cancelled pre order
https://m.imgur.com/a/kF9tE
https://m.imgur.com/a/VmlFu

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
1 week ago#5
I'm going to wait a bit and see if they say anything about turbo mode.

User Info: Mochzuki

Mochzuki
1 week ago#6
kollie89 posted...

Now not having a dodge button....that’s something that can cause a cancelled pre order

Imagine playing Sonic the hedgehog games and being forced to press the jump button to dodge.
PSN: Atsuki12345 , Warlock Max Power 649.6, Hunter Max Power 638.6, Titan Max Power 644.5
Light Level updated as of 12/20/2018

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
1 week ago#7
kollie89 posted...

Its much more than that (as I stated already), but they're definitely contributing factors. I admit it's petty, but still straws on the camel's back.
I'm only abrasive to morons.
~GFaqs' Undisputed #1 DBFZ player~ Vegito/Kid Buu/[SSJ Goku or Gotenks] Not that you'd play.

User Info: Vault_Zero

Vault_Zero
1 week ago#8
Mochzuki posted...
kollie89 posted...

Imagine playing Sonic the hedgehog games and being forced to press the jump button to dodge.

How else would you dodge in Sonic, a 2D game? 0-o
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!

User Info: Girgante

Girgante
1 week ago#9
What are you talking about? You don't need anything from the pre-order to choose your DB loadout order - Pasta Breaker just rotates the order in-game; yes imo should have been in the base game as it's the only weapon that does this, but it's not a huge deal.

It actually sounds like Capcom is doing everything in their power to revive the series - going all-out with Nero's overhaul, Dante's weapon list and a completely new character. O_o

Paying for red orbs? Just ignore it - the game gives you plenty. That's only there for the super lazy. Other comments about V's name or Dante being old are just banal.

If you really love the series and played the demo you should be hyped up to 11. The game plays amazingly well.
No matter what happens, there will be a solution when it happens. - Yoh Asakura, Shaman King
Steam + PSN + NNID: Girgante

User Info: nova_pulse

nova_pulse
1 week ago#10
I'm pretty sure you'll buy it day 1
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. After trying the demo and after much thought, I cancelled my preorder.