• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Did anyone play Chaos Legion?

User Info: Aiddon

Aiddon
1 year ago#111
RoyalsDK posted...

Well you do seem triggered a bit. You literally asked someone to PM you to discuss about Chaos Legion, dude. Also any semi-negative thing someone has said, you immediately reacted.

It didn’t need to have DMC3/DMC4 level of depth, but having more than one 5 hit combo would have been nice. Also having at least one more weapon would have been awesome too, right? No?

What is your opinion on the bad camera anyways?

I just blocked him because I was sick of being badgered. I mean, geez, it's an interesting game but it has all sorts of issues that are so obvious and really needed to be fixed like pacing, repetitive gameplay, difficulty, etc. Not to mention the bland art design, lazy enemy design, sub-par level design, cheap attacks, etc. Had they made combat snappier with more variety and maybe go for quality over quantity with enemies it likely would have been far better

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
1 year ago#112
Me?

I get blocked for responding to you and not agreeing with your posts? I never 'badgered' you lol, all I did was respond with more info addressing most of your issues but you ignored them.

repetitive gameplay
Tell me about Badbh Guilt assist knockdown loop, counter hit mechanics, 4 ways to destroy Rudo Garia's shield, properties on the jumping spin slash, what moves have i-frames, how to make Perfect Thanatos hit 5 times instead of 4, 3x counter hit vs Victor's shockwave, using Midnight Punisher as a dodge, the red zombie's role in a group of zombies, the list goes on.

difficulty
What about it? Too hard? Ask for help. There's nothing hard in this game when you know how to efficiently deal with everything.

bland art design
To allow more enemies on screen.

lazy enemy design
Visually or gameplay wise? I agree to an extent, infact I've discussed in the past why some enemies lack moves or counter hits. Can you specify?

cheap attacks
Such as? I think you listed traps and mines and I assumed you meant cannons around corners or stationary spikes.

combat snappier
Can you give and example of 'snappier'?

with more variety
Can you give some example of variety in combat like I did? I'm not disagreeing that more could be added. I always though being able to do assists in the air should've been possible. Imagine how cool (and effective) it would've been to kick Blasphemy down from the air on a group, then maybe land before them and do something else?

quality over quantity with enemies
Most of the enemies are pretty good in terms of what they can do. Badbh (the tall ugly thing) has a lot it can do and different ways to take him down, Rudo Garia (fat guy with shield) with various ways to destroy it, zombie soldier groups, Ogma (red version of the dog thing), even the basic Balor (green spider) has something interesting it can do. But not all enemies are good. There's a few that don't have much to them, but if mixed with others they're much better.

Why not just hear someone out and maybe give what they're saying a try? I did this when I didn't get GoW1. Went in trying to play it like DMC. I was dodge rolling and using SST all over the show, barely grabbed or blocked because I wasn't used to it. Instead of posting complaints I went straight to the experts and asked what I was doing wrong, which was plenty. Once I started implementing what I was told the game became far more enjoyable. I will say I didn't stick with it because it just didn't gel with me at the time but I plan to go back to it at some point and really go in depth. Just an idea.

User Info: RoyalsDK

RoyalsDK
1 year ago#113
New_Birdman posted...
Well you do seem triggered a bit.
Nope. As I said, best not to frame it as such.

You literally asked someone to PM you to discuss about Chaos Legion, dude.
Can you explain the link between discussing via PM and being 'triggered'?

If you don't understand why I'd ask to take the discussion elsewhere, it's because all the negativity can get in the way of someone getting the actual facts. I do this now and then when I get abused or weird people who act like they have some kind or personal stake in a game being the way they think, continue to post inaccurate info and try to convince others it's the truth. I'll never understand this.

Also any semi-negative thing someone has said, you immediately reacted.
First, this is not 'reacting'. It's responding. I responded to inaccurate statements and when not all info was being presented. What I see people doing on this site everyday. As I have said a few times so far, I've talked about the negative aspects of CL (and many other games I play) over the years.

If anyone has been triggered, it's a few of the people in this topic who don't seem to like the idea that a game might have far more to it then what they've experienced.

Please do not continue to try and paint my posts a certain way, like 'reacting' or how fast I responded, as that's irrelevant (and not really true seeing as I largely check here in the mornings or breaks at work). I get a notification so I know when there's a post and I want to discuss this.

It didn’t need to have DMC3/DMC4 level of depth
It's focus is different. It's a different kind of depth.

but having more than one 5 hit combo would have been nice
I'm not against the idea. I can't see it hurting, though I will say that you can link special moves and assists into your combo, and juggle isolated enemies if You feel like it. I got tons of weird combos but I'll rarely do them unless I just want to just mess around because the focus is actually killing enemies as fast as possible so you don't gain a thing from juggling.

Also having at least one more weapon would have been awesome too, right? No?
I'm wary of how it might turn out if actually implemented, so it's hard to say if it would turn out well. In DMC3/4 it would be fine, considering the combo mechanics and style meter, but it in CL it could end up not really adding anything mechanically seeing as the focus is completely different and legions technically serve as different weapons.

It's like if we said lets give DMC 3/4 Ninja Gaiden level aggressive enemies. We can tell this would not work out very well for combos.

The way CL is now, you have your sword which hurts organic types, and on counter hit can do good damage to certain metal types. What would say, a spear add? Range and probably spinning moves for crowd control I'd assume. But it would still have to function the same way as the sword in terms of what type it hurts most. If we decide it hurts metal, then he has to unequip the sword, because if he's holding two weapons that hurt everything, why have legions at all?

Overlord's 'swarm' though, that would fit PERFECTLY in CL. I love it. Legions lack the ability to dodge, aside from disband which honestly is really good, but swarm is so much better.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/241018-devil-may-cry-5/77471718

TLDR on half of it. Sorry...

I don’t feel like responding to you anymore too. No reason to because just like you I love Chaos Legion. I find it underrated.

But there were definitely nitpicks as I stated earlier.
"lets be honest.. Vin has kind of made The Rock the star he is. Rock was pretty much a nobody in hollywood until the fast and furious"- JamesOwnzMaz

New_Birdman
1 year ago#114
TLDR on half of it. Sorry...
No worries.

But why have you linked the other thread? The PM thing?

I guess it's a good example of how someone immediately got triggered by the 'threat' of having the discussion taken away and me being accused of being biased by someone who's only seen me mention CL in that thread when I've been discussing it for years in other places and have brought up flaws numerous times. But hey this IS Gamefaqs after all, where people just make stuff up instead of using facts.

I don’t feel like responding to you anymore too. No reason to because just like you I love Chaos Legion. I find it underrated.
Fair enough.

User Info: WickedSeraph

WickedSeraph
1 year ago#115
ArroganceMalice posted...
One of capcoms underrated hack n slash imo

It plays like a low budget DMC if it was an ARPG

You can summon demons to fight a long side you and give them commands while you are fighting

You can upgrade them and you have to pick which ones to bring into battle

They also have passive abilities for when you are alone which offers its own benefits

I really enjoyed this game

Really enjoyed it. Last legion was Thanatos iirc.
"Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?"

User Info: 1080p60fps

1080p60fps
1 year ago#116
The music in the caves area was so good, main thing I remember from that game.

New_Birdman
1 year ago#117
Last legion was Thanatos iirc.
Yeah, ridiculously strong in perfect form, fully upgraded.

The music in the caves area was so good, main thing I remember from that game.
Yeah quite a few good tracks. I bought the soundtrack years ago. My favorite tracks are the mountains and final boss themes.

The soundtrack also came with a drama CD telling the story of the game from the point of view of an unknown character (or at least unknown to me, the whole thing being in Japanese) to someone else, interspersed with audio from the game's cutscenes. At the end you hear footsteps and a door opening, and the girl telling the story greets Sieg. Really wish I knew what they were saying.

User Info: ArroganceMalice

ArroganceMalice
1 year ago#118
Look it up online?

And have you heard about the series of books chaos legion is based on?
"We each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion."
I have never seen the truth hurt more than here on GameFAQs.

New_Birdman
1 year ago#119
At the time I couldn't find a translation to the drama CD and just forgot about it.

Yeah I know about the books. I was planning on buying them years ago but never did.

User Info: neogeno

neogeno
1 year ago#120
Really like this game, really hoping for a remake or a sequel.
Early to rise and early to bed, makes a man healthy but socially dead.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Did anyone play Chaos Legion?
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 2 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 54 Questions (47 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A