• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Did anyone play Chaos Legion?

User Info: RoyalsDK

RoyalsDK
1 year ago#101
Chao Legion was definitely held back by the PS2’s limited hardware.
"lets be honest.. Vin has kind of made The Rock the star he is. Rock was pretty much a nobody in hollywood until the fast and furious"- JamesOwnzMaz

User Info: ArroganceMalice

ArroganceMalice
1 year ago#102
RoyalsDK posted...

Only graphically imo it looks like they didn’t make any compromises to enemy count
"We each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion."
I have never seen the truth hurt more than here on GameFAQs.

RoyalsDK
1 year ago#103
ArroganceMalice posted...
RoyalsDK posted...

Only graphically imo it looks like they didn’t make any compromises to enemy count

I thought the graphics and art style were still awesome for their time. Only downside is the jaggies/aliasing. The CGI cutscenes were nice looking as well.

But I’m sure if the hardware was easier to develop for, the game could have had deeper gameplay and better AI.

I wonder what it would have been like if it was made during the PS3/360 era.
"lets be honest.. Vin has kind of made The Rock the star he is. Rock was pretty much a nobody in hollywood until the fast and furious"- JamesOwnzMaz

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
1 year ago#104
deeper gameplay
Can you give some examples?
I mean sure, any game could be deeper, but do you say this because you find it lacking?

I don't think the era has much impact other than graphics. Look at all the shallow garbage we get.

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
1 year ago#105
New_Birdman posted...
deeper gameplay
I mean sure, any game could be deeper, but do you say this because you find it lacking?

I don't think the era has much impact other than graphics. Look at all the shallow garbage we get.

If given enuff Dev time n budget, more power n especially more memory always makes a game better. Tho PS3 was mad hard to code for
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

RoyalsDK
1 year ago#106
New_Birdman posted...
deeper gameplay

Why you so triggered? Haha

Deeper gameplay as in more combo variety. Not just one standard 5 button combo. Most people complain that the gameplay is repetitive. Of course they didn’t play and unlock it at 100% like you and I have.

Adding one more weapon would have been nice too.

If that were the case why didn't DMC3 have on the fly style switching? Why weren’t there more enemies on the screen?

New_Birdman
1 year ago#107
Not triggered. Best not try to set it up as such. It's called discussion. It's one of my favorite games that I've put thousands of hours into and majority of the time people are saying things without knowing the mechanics.

Deeper gameplay as in more combo variety.
Not every game has to be combocombocombo. There different types of depth and CL's focus is different.

Most people complain that the gameplay is repetitive.
These people always have little idea of the mechanics.

If that were the case why didn't DMC3 have on the fly style switching? Why weren’t there more enemies on the screen?
True, but not exactly what I was getting at.

DMC3 was still fantastic and 4 went backward in a few ways and that's according to a lot of people. Second, what I was trying is that a lot of the time with CL, people say stuff like this due to not understanding the game as it is and wanting to change it to suit them.

RoyalsDK
1 year ago#108
New_Birdman posted...
Not triggered. Best not try to set it up as such. It's called discussion. It's one of my favorite games that I've put thousands of hours into and majority of the time people are saying things without knowing the mechanics.

Deeper gameplay as in more combo variety.
Not every game has to be combocombocombo. There different types of depth and CL's focus is different.

Most people complain that the gameplay is repetitive.
These people always have little idea of the mechanics.

True, but not exactly what I was getting at.

DMC3 was still fantastic and 4 went backward in a few ways and that's according to a lot of people. Second, what I was trying is that a lot of the time with CL, people say stuff like this due to not understanding the game as it is and wanting to change it to suit them.

Well you do seem triggered a bit. You literally asked someone to PM you to discuss about Chaos Legion, dude. Also any semi-negative thing someone has said, you immediately reacted.

It didn’t need to have DMC3/DMC4 level of depth, but having more than one 5 hit combo would have been nice. Also having at least one more weapon would have been awesome too, right? No?

What is your opinion on the bad camera anyways?

New_Birdman
1 year ago#109
Well you do seem triggered a bit.
Nope. As I said, best not to frame it as such.

You literally asked someone to PM you to discuss about Chaos Legion, dude.
Can you explain the link between discussing via PM and being 'triggered'?

If you don't understand why I'd ask to take the discussion elsewhere, it's because all the negativity can get in the way of someone getting the actual facts. I do this now and then when I get abused or weird people who act like they have some kind or personal stake in a game being the way they think, continue to post inaccurate info and try to convince others it's the truth. I'll never understand this.

Also any semi-negative thing someone has said, you immediately reacted.
First, this is not 'reacting'. It's responding. I responded to inaccurate statements and when not all info was being presented. What I see people doing on this site everyday. As I have said a few times so far, I've talked about the negative aspects of CL (and many other games I play) over the years.

If anyone has been triggered, it's a few of the people in this topic who don't seem to like the idea that a game might have far more to it then what they've experienced.

Please do not continue to try and paint my posts a certain way, like 'reacting' or how fast I responded, as that's irrelevant (and not really true seeing as I largely check here in the mornings or breaks at work). I get a notification so I know when there's a post and I want to discuss this.

It didn’t need to have DMC3/DMC4 level of depth
It's focus is different. It's a different kind of depth.

but having more than one 5 hit combo would have been nice
I'm not against the idea. I can't see it hurting, though I will say that you can link special moves and assists into your combo, and juggle isolated enemies if You feel like it. I got tons of weird combos but I'll rarely do them unless I just want to just mess around because the focus is actually killing enemies as fast as possible so you don't gain a thing from juggling.

Also having at least one more weapon would have been awesome too, right? No?
I'm wary of how it might turn out if actually implemented, so it's hard to say if it would turn out well. In DMC3/4 it would be fine, considering the combo mechanics and style meter, but it in CL it could end up not really adding anything mechanically seeing as the focus is completely different and legions technically serve as different weapons.

It's like if we said lets give DMC 3/4 Ninja Gaiden level aggressive enemies. We can tell this would not work out very well for combos.

The way CL is now, you have your sword which hurts organic types, and on counter hit can do good damage to certain metal types. What would say, a spear add? Range and probably spinning moves for crowd control I'd assume. But it would still have to function the same way as the sword in terms of what type it hurts most. If we decide it hurts metal, then he has to unequip the sword, because if he's holding two weapons that hurt everything, why have legions at all?

The other thing about a spear having more range and crowd control, is that the game is designed with legions in mind. This hypothetical spear would again, take away from legion purpose.

I've also discussed with others the idea of having more than one legion type on the field at once after playing Overlord, but that game is VERY different mechanically from CL, and I can kinda see it not working well.

Overlord's 'swarm' though, that would fit PERFECTLY in CL. I love it. Legions lack the ability to dodge, aside from disband which honestly is really good, but swarm is so much better.

New_Birdman
1 year ago#110
You asked about the camera.

Can you tell me what you find bad about it?

The reason I ask is because I've been playing CL for so long I'm used to it so it doesn't seem bad to me.
I'm constantly manipulating it by tapping the right analog stick with thumb and using R1 to center it behind me.

What would you say is bad about it, and could you give an example of a good camera system?
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. Did anyone play Chaos Legion?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A