• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. [POLL] Dial-Up Combos?

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
2 months ago#1
Do you want to see dial-up combos in Devil May Cry? - Results (128 votes)
Yes, Yes, Sure, Yes, Yes, Sure, Sure, Sure
16.41% (21 votes)
No, No, (Delay) No
83.59% (107 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The one and only time I remember dial-up combo in DMC was DMC2's version of Fireworks.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

User Info: Strelok

Strelok
2 months ago#2
DMC always had very specific inputs making the combat akin to a fighter game. It is part of the entire games core.
I will just say "No, Njet, Nein"
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg

User Info: AlexxShadenk777

AlexxShadenk777
2 months ago#3
Whoever votes "yes" is wrong by default.
A combo away keeps the B rank away!

User Info: Delta123456789

Delta123456789
2 months ago#4
Dial-a-combos would be a step backwards compared to what we have now IMO. I mean, when you can already access 100% of your moveset at any time in any order, why would you want to suddenly lock certain attacks behind a string of rote button presses?

Dial-a-combo just seems more restrictive and less accessible in comparison IMO, since there's more memorisation involved (since each move has a whole strings of inputs instead of a single one) and less room for creativity (since some moves can only follow specific attack strings).
If you're a success odds are darned good you got help, support and/or a few second chances along the way, so think long and hard before denying them to others.

User Info: Bloodshed113094

Bloodshed113094
2 months ago#5
While I don't hate dial up combos, I wouldn't want them in DMC.
I shouldn't have to clarify it's my opinion. You should assume that already.

User Info: Hayabusaisking

Hayabusaisking
2 months ago#6
Add more pause combos or modifiers.

I know DMC fans love their free form system.

But one weapon from Ninja gaiden has more moves than all the weapons for Dante alone.
I mean Animations.

Give Dante the nero treatment. Back forward in air or ground. Some double button moves similar to drive. Or DmC.
Bias towards Ninja gaiden series.
B E W A R E. True gleaming blade

User Info: solidoutlaw

solidoutlaw
2 months ago#7
What exactly is the difference?
PSN: rayplay
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"

User Info: AlexxShadenk777

AlexxShadenk777
2 months ago#8
solidoutlaw posted...

Really. You can't tell the difference between free form and dial-a-combo?
A combo away keeps the B rank away!

User Info: Hades192

Hades192
2 months ago#9
When comparing DMC to Bayonetta I’d say DMC is a bit more manual and dial a combo/free flow feel more automatic.

As for DMC, you do have your basic combo stings but I feel the similarities stop there. DMC allows more freedom and it’s easier to be creative.

Bayonetta has dial a combo system:
P
PP
PPK
PKP /ww
PPKP /ww
PPPKKK /ww

Bayonetta also has it version of stinger but i personally forget about it. The player is supposed to reach “wicked weave” combos and use “dodge offset” to maintain your sequence within a given combo.

They feel much different and I prefer DMC input because I feel I play with more control. Once you get used to “dodge offset” which is only holding the attack button while dodging, it’s pretty routine.

Thats the difference in a nutshell to me.

User Info: solidoutlaw

solidoutlaw
2 months ago#10
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
solidoutlaw posted...

Really. You can't tell the difference between free form and dial-a-combo?

DMC has set strings and specials you can do freely, so what is the free form outside of specials?
PSN: rayplay
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. [POLL] Dial-Up Combos?
  • Topic Archived