That stupid nickname

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. That stupid nickname

User Info: TVGR

TVGR
2 months ago#1
Why is it people are still calling DmC's Dante Donte? Do they not understand how dumb it makes them sound? It's like the guy who pronounces words wrong on purpose to be 'cool' when really he's just a moron.

Seriously. Dino, Donte, all of them are dumb. So DmC wasn't a sequel or carbon copy of DMC. Big deal. That is NOT the first game in a series to do that. Capcom is actually well known for changing things up.

Megaman to Megaman X to Legends to Battle Network to ZX to Zero to Star Force. There's the biggest example. Nobody whines that Legends isn't just like X, do they? No. Because back then, people understood how sequels, reboots, remasters and remakes worked.

I'm not a massive DmC fan, so anyone coming here to say that can just forget it now. But it was nowhere near as bad as people claim. Dante was an insufferable ass because you weren't supposed to like him starting out. Sure, Ninja Theory is the south end of a north walking donkey, but don't hate on the game for that. Aim it at the company. Mainly the doof in charge.

DmC had a different setting and aesthetic than DMC. It was more punk and crapsack, while DMC was more fantasy and only vaguely crapsack.

Not liking Nero is fine. He's part of the main DMC series. So saying he detracts from it is fine. I don't agree, but that's fine.

Acting like DmC is the worst game ever is what bothers me. It was rough, yeah, but I've played some bad games. DmC was average. A bit painfully so.

But that Dante made sense for the world he lived in.

So, can we stop this Donte and Dino nonsense already? If they'd done that to DMC Dante, then you'd have every right to get mad that he's not the 'real' Dante.

But to scream and whine that a reimagined Dante isn't a carbon copy of the other is just foolish.
If I had a nickel for every time someone got my name right...I'd have a nickel.

User Info: Second_Chances

Second_Chances
2 months ago#2
it sounding stupid was part of the point, people were treating DmC Dante with as much care and respect as they felt Ninja Theory and Capcom were giving the property they loved

also there was plenty of hate for Legends and Battle Network back in the day and that was with X, Zero, and a bit of Classic still coming out too

User Info: bobbysjoby

bobbysjoby
2 months ago#3
They used to call dmc2 Dante Dino, this fan base has some weird ppl, and some of those weird ppl make weird memes and the angry majority eat them up, even the ones that aren’t particularily clever lol

That’s why you need contrarians like me to keep things balanced 😎😈

User Info: Ridelwofr

Ridelwofr
2 months ago#4
Megaman X isn't a reboot of Rock.

User Info: GidoDaHitman

GidoDaHitman
2 months ago#5
You guys complain about everything...sheesh..Would you rather them differentiate them through their hair colors!!??? Gimmie a break its just a nickname..

If we wasn't typing any of this how would you differentiate the two Dantes? Having "DmC Dante" and "DMC Dante" is not good enough..

Oh we should just call DmC Dante irl and the og Dante White Hair Dante? IDK why this is such a big deal to some people..

Disclaimer: I love both DMC games and I thought it was a funny meme to differentiate Dino/Donte and the og Dante with the names..Heck Team Ninja poked fun and white hair Dante. I don't know why fans can't do the same...

User Info: bobbysjoby

bobbysjoby
2 months ago#6
Y’all remember the days when dmc2 dante was called donte and Dino and was called (rightfully) an atrocious piece of s*** by the whole fan base?

Then when DmC came around all of a sudden dmc2 was this wonderful game in hindsight that set the stage for all this great stuff like gunslinger and royal guard and was a far superior product to DmC (total horse s*** as dmc2 was an unfinished full button masher of a mess and wasn’t even a DmC game originally)

I forgot what my point was, rant over :D

User Info: Toan

Toan
2 months ago#7
I'm REALLY shocked TC isn't getting told off by now by Dante's fanboys
It is said, that the strongest among us are those that suffer through silent pain.
PSN ID: Toan_Greenlow-16 Twitch Channel: toangreenlow22

User Info: TVGR

TVGR
2 months ago#8
Toan posted...

Funny thing is, I prefer DMC to DmC. I prefer snarky, badass Dante to punk, Billy Idol Dante.

I just think the whining has gone on long enough. As well as the dumb nicknames.
If I had a nickel for every time someone got my name right...I'd have a nickel.

User Info: Lord_Dagger

Lord_Dagger
2 months ago#9
https://imgtc.com/i/6XFSx31.gif
"People always have secrets. It's just a matter of finding out what they are." -Lisbeth Salander

User Info: Toan

Toan
2 months ago#10
TVGR posted...
Toan posted...

Funny thing is, I prefer DMC to DmC. I prefer snarky, badass Dante to punk, Billy Idol Dante.

I just think the whining has gone on long enough. As well as the dumb nicknames.

You know, I always talk agout how the DMC fanbase is the worst in the world, but people like you keep this fanbase from being complete s***. Stay safe friend
It is said, that the strongest among us are those that suffer through silent pain.
PSN ID: Toan_Greenlow-16 Twitch Channel: toangreenlow22
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. That stupid nickname

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived