You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Reginleif20

Reginleif20
4 weeks ago#1
With Super Chain 4, Super Chain 5, Super Chain, and Ability Plus can I do a combo of,

Base -> Base -> Altered -> Arcane -> Base

Also, can that loop indefinitely?
[ Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz ] [ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GDDR5 @ 8.0 GB ( 256-bit ) ]
[ 1407GB HD ] [ 32GB RAM ]

User Info: LamuseWelkar

LamuseWelkar
4 weeks ago#2
Don't believe so. The skill descriptions mention that those artes can only be linked once per combo.
An opinion is still an opinion even if every person in the world agrees
Good and bad are subjective, and thus, they ALWAYS represent opinion and cannot be fact

Reginleif20
4 weeks ago#3
I see

Reginleif20 posted...

I can't seem to combo that part too. Maybe I should just pick more combo friendly artes for that part
[ Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz ] [ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GDDR5 @ 8.0 GB ( 256-bit ) ]

User Info: BlueCrystalTear

BlueCrystalTear
4 weeks ago#4
Reginleif20 posted...
Also, can that loop indefinitely?

Only in Overlimit.

Additional Super Chain and Ability Plus skills can mean this, IIRC...
Base -> Base - > Altered -> Arcane -> Base -> Arcane -> Arcane -> Altered -> Altered -> Burst

I never got around to those last two Super Chain skills so I don't remember. Here:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/241013-tales-of-vesperia-definitive-edition/faqs/58021
BlueCrystalTear | GNT BB4 Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner
3DS 4356-4163-4781 | (((FREE HUGS))) | You're living your own life. You're you.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: DXMG

DXMG
4 weeks ago#5
Reginleif20 posted...

I can't seem to combo that part too. Maybe I should just pick more combo friendly artes for that part

Too many Base artes. Unless you are cancelling somewhere, 2 is the limit per combo. The super chain and ability plus skills just let you put them in different orders.

Also note that the descriptions of the super chain/ability plus skills are terrible, and do not really indicate what they do. The JP version has completely different names for 4 and 5, which make more sense but still not so much. O_O

Anyway, with all of them on, what you end up with is the ability to do 2 of each type of arte, in any order, in a combo. You are still always limited to 2 of each. Super Chain says "follow arcane with base", but that also counts as one of your base Artes from Ability Plus saying "follow a base with another base."

The difference is, without Super Chain, you'd HAVE to do base->base, whereas with Super Chain, you can go base-?altered->base.

Same applies to the others. High Ability Plus says "follow altered with altered". So you MUST do 2 in a row, unless you have Super Chain 5 and 3, then you can do whatever, but you still only get 2 altered. And so on.

This is why manual cancelling is your good, dear friend.

Reginleif20
4 weeks ago#6
I see, thanks for clearing that up

User Info: Bloodshed113094

Bloodshed113094
4 weeks ago#7
No, but you should easily enter OL for infinite combos with the tension skills.
I shouldn't have to clarify it's my opinion. You should assume that already.

User Info: AceJay

AceJay
4 weeks ago#8
Have tension skills active and you can do whatever you want, given it's not a boss that can just break out combos for free or using OL

Easiest arte to activate it is brutal fang
"Now you can shoot him in his gizzard and he just walks away laughing at ya', have you ever been shot in the gizzard?"