• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. A lot of post game content, how to approach this? *possible spoilers*

User Info: SonicWolf

SonicWolf
1 month ago#1
Okay so I beat this game like 4x times probably about 6-7 years ago on the 360. Now i'm following the guide posted here(by Asbel__Lhant) and there's a hefty amount of endgame stuff to do.

How should I approach this? Should I just complete the game before I starting grinding into the (much)higher levels?

Roughly what levels should I be for each dungeon? Also should I continue to follow the author's order?

They say to defeat Radiant One last? But doesn't that help with the Fell Arms, which I need to beat some of the tougher bosses?

I was planning on using Last Fencer as my main weapon because that's what I did years ago.

Also to note: I'm level 50 and I'm just starting Zaude. I used (2) =5 level ups so I have a total of +25 extra levels left. (Free DLC).

Thanks for any advice
All shall kneel before Zod -Zod

User Info: KujikawaRising

KujikawaRising
1 month ago#2
SonicWolf posted...
Also should I continue to follow the author's order?

Follow his order EXACTLY until you get Judy's Brionac. That one is messed up.

Definitely defeat Radiant One last. Beat the regular final boss first, then do s***, then do it again with Radiant One.

If you want to get much higher levels, you need to do that at the EX Dungeons. No other places are in any way efficient.
http://i.imgur.com/t3naEGu.jpg
I'm BlueCrystalTear, probably at work.

SonicWolf
1 month ago#3
KujikawaRising posted...
SonicWolf posted...
Also should I continue to follow the author's order?

Follow his order EXACTLY until you get Judy's Brionac. That one is messed up

How so? or should I ask, what should I do differently? I should get Brionac and then what?

User Info: KujikawaRising

KujikawaRising
1 month ago#4
SonicWolf posted...
How so? or should I ask, what should I do differently? I should get Brionac and then what?

Follow his steps exactly until you get Brionac, else that one may not trigger because it's the single worst sidequest I've ever encountered. After that, I think you can do things in any order you please.
http://i.imgur.com/t3naEGu.jpg
I'm BlueCrystalTear, probably at work.

SonicWolf
1 month ago#5
KujikawaRising posted...
SonicWolf posted...

Follow his steps exactly until you get Brionac, else that one may not trigger because it's the single worst sidequest I've ever encountered. After that, I think you can do things in any order you please.

Ah I gotcha thank you. I don't want to spend an ungodly amount of time grinding and I'd love to do another play through with exp x2 or x10 but not anytime soon haha.

User Info: Dahvid123

Dahvid123
1 month ago#6
He's order makes no sense for the final game IMO.

Beat the final boss first, then get far enough into the necropolis of nostalgia to get all the fell arms then hop out and beat the final boss again to power up the fell arms.

Clear the 200 man melee/pick up the limit octet

From there you should clear memories.

Then finish off the rest of necropolis of nostalgia.

The fell arms can't be used on the final super boss but they work on everything else which makes your life so much easier.
Sunshine, sunshine ladybugs awake...

User Info: Minaru44

Minaru44
1 month ago#7
I'd also say... Unlocking the Fell Arms last just makes a lot of things harder than they need to be. What I did (on fresh Hard) was...

- End of main game around 65+ish
- End of Labyrinth just shy of 100
- Get final two and unlock Fell Arms (this is entirely possible on Hard around 100, probably even lower)
(-> Yuri or whomever you fed most kills too now slaughters everything in very short order)
- Cleared Necropolis up to the final layer while doing some occassional power-levelling with help of Patty's Critical Moment here and there
- Did Coliseum stuff, got to 159 via Necropolis and Savage Team Melee (plus Patty)
- Dump 40 DLC levels and get the last one (so that trophy pops)
- Wrapped up 200 melee for everyone, beat Necropolis boss

If you want an actual challenge beyond finding the most efficient way to not fall to the timer doing 200 melee on Hard, then try those before levelling all the way up, I suppose.
FC: 3841-0076-6306, IGN (USUM): Aurora
My Sheet: https://goo.gl/U1qVzv Looking for legit/uncloned Shinies and 0 Speed Primals

User Info: Xero-Kill

Xero-Kill
1 month ago#8
I agree with these guys about the order of things. I beat the normal boss, then I did Labyrinth of Memories, was just north of 100 when I finished that, then I got the 2 Fell Arms from Necropolis, activated them, and then finished the 200 man melee with every character and the team melees. Then I finished off Necropolis.

First and foremost, don't be intimidated by Spiral Draco or The Radiant One being called "Super Bosses" because they are nothing of the sort, at least not compared to most JRPG post game dungeons. They are both chumps that are easily cheesed by the same mechanics that ROFLSTOMP every other boss in the game. Easily stun locked, easily arte spammed by things like Tidal Wave, Meteor Storm, Azure Heaven, etc. They just have a lot of HP. I did Spiral Draco at like 165 with nothing but non-stop Meteor Storm spam in OL1 and an Indignation finisher for flair. He never even got close to me.

The post game for Vesperia is nothing but a mindless slog through waves of chumps. It is only advisable for people wanting that platinum trophy or the personal satisfaction of completing all the content, but it provides exactly 0 challenge to anyone that can beat the game normally. At most, you might struggle through your first run through Labyrinth but it gives so much XP that you will be grossly overleveled for each subsequent run and everything you do thereafter. Once you have the fell arms, everything else becomes a joke, except of course for Spiral Draco which the fell arms don't work on, and so it only takes longer to kill him because you have to use conventional weapons.
Check out my Fallout 4 videos! Exploits, tips, and general gameplay!
https://www.youtube.com/DeekerJones

SonicWolf
1 month ago#9
Xero-Kill posted...
Once you have the fell arms, everything else becomes a joke, except of course for Spiral Draco which the fell arms don't work on, and so it only takes longer to kill him because you have to use conventional weapons.

Thank you for the tips! But why don't the fell arms work on the Draco? Does he nullify their damage or something?

And the Fell Arms (once unlocked) power up for every enemy you kill with them right?

User Info: Lagfile

Lagfile
1 month ago#10
SonicWolf posted...
Xero-Kill posted...
Once you have the fell arms, everything else becomes a joke, except of course for Spiral Draco which the fell arms don't work on, and so it only takes longer to kill him because you have to use conventional weapons.

Thank you for the tips! But why don't the fell arms work on the Draco? Does he nullify their damage or something?

And the Fell Arms (once unlocked) power up for every enemy you kill with them right?

The Fell Arms do power up for killing enemies, but I don't know if it's player controlled kills or if the CPU counts too.

As for why Spiral Draco isn't affected by them, I think he is sorta the creator of them. But I don't know how it interacts in battle, like, I don't know if the weapon simply whiff against him or just do 0 damage.
Thanks Ca_os for this one!
https://i.imgtc.com/7n7DYvG.png
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. A lot of post game content, how to approach this? *possible spoilers*
  • Topic Archived