• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. Rank Tales games you've played by the quality of their soundtrack

User Info: pretzelgm

pretzelgm
3 weeks ago#11
bloody_angel1 posted...
Destiny = Eternia (maybe, hard to decide which I like more) > Legendia > everything else. Well maybe the PS1 remake of Phantasia after Legendia too, then everything else.

Every other games besides those only had a handful of good songs I actually liked, where as the ones I listed had tons of songs that I actually liked.

And I’ve played every mothership title besides Destiny 2(PS2), Rebirth, Innocence and Hearts.

Thank you @bloody_angel1 saved me the trouble since this is kind of my rankings as well lol although I prefer Destiny SLIGHTLY over eternia

User Info: TheMKDestroyer

TheMKDestroyer
3 weeks ago#12
@NicoGrimm posted...
@BaKaDaNaa posted...
Is tales of Legendia good as a whole, or is it just that soundtrack? I see it mentioned a lot lately, might have to try it out.

Generally regarded as a bad-mediocre Tales game with a fantastic soundtrack.

Underrated game. Vesperia is better in graphics and gameplay. A remake of Legendia would be amazing.

User Info: imagadxxx

imagadxxx
3 weeks ago#13
Zestiria is the only Tales game where they had effort on the soundtrack. It is the only game in the series with memorable tracks. I am just surprise that many is not aware of this either because they heard the game is not good ( which is not in IMHO ).

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
3 weeks ago#14
1. Phantasia
2. Symphonia
3. Eternia
4. Destiny
5. Abyss
6. The rest

I am not saying the rest did not have good tracks, per se, but more that they did not really stand out to me. I basically ranked them by how memorable they were.
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon

User Info: leadintea

leadintea
3 weeks ago#15
castrejon04 posted...
Legendia>All

Nothing else really comes close, the soundtrack for Legendia is almost at the same level as a FF game.

Basically. Maybe Zestira after Legendia, since it had some choice songs thanks to Go Shiina, but pretty much every other Tales has a really forgettable soundtrack.
Seifer was a tragic character. He's a male feminist. He wanted a heroic story. But instead of finding a princess, he woke up the devouring mother.

User Info: Thekiller37

Thekiller37
3 weeks ago#16
Of the ones I played;

Symphonia > Vesperia > Abyss > Legendia > Phantasia > Graces f> Zestiria > Hearts R > Berseria > DotNW
Head of the Benevolent Church of the 3-13 Archer. "I'm the stripper your husband hired." ~anonymous. Ike smash n chill:
https://discord.gg/g8f73Yc

User Info: Snadados

Snadados
3 weeks ago#17
They are all equally generic and forgettable.
If I were to hear a piece of music outside the context of a Tales game I would not be able to tell it apart from any other random JRPG or anime's soundtrack.
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?

User Info: imagadxxx

imagadxxx
3 weeks ago#18
Snadados posted...
If I were to hear a piece of music outside the context of a Tales game I would not be able to tell it apart from any other random JRPG or anime's soundtrack.

Clearly you have not listened to the dungeon tracks of Tales of Zestiria.

User Info: EternalWaltz

EternalWaltz
3 weeks ago#19
imagadxxx posted...
Snadados posted...

Clearly you have not listened to the dungeon tracks of Tales of Zestiria.

They're not great either. They just seem good because they're less s*** than the rest of the game.

Anyway my ranking is just Abyss>Vesperia>Xillias and then all the others are too bland to even rank, aside from occasional standout tracks like Fighting of the Spirit or Zaveid's theme or Betsy's title theme
Kept you waiting, huh?

User Info: SoVEoCLoCK

SoVEoCLoCK
3 weeks ago#20
Symphonia > Vesperia > Berseria > Hearts R > Xillia > Zestiria > Xillia 2

I've played a little of Abyss and Graces, but not enough to comment on their music as a whole.

imagadxxx posted...
Zestiria is the only Tales game where they had effort on the soundtrack. It is the only game in the series with memorable tracks. I am just surprise that many is not aware of this either because they heard the game is not good ( which is not in IMHO ).

I played the game all the way through, and the only tracks good enough to stick with me are "Zaveid The Exile", "Competing With The Honor of the Land", and "Rising Up". Those three are amazing, but that's all I remember.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. Rank Tales games you've played by the quality of their soundtrack
  • Topic Archived