• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: kiraman

kiraman
3 months ago#1
Flynn just joined my party and I can hardly hear his attack call outs and dialogue. The skit in the old sewers was almost impossible to hear.

I actually bothered to send Namco an email about this, I'm hoping they can patch it. I can understand replacing voice actors due to budget constraints or scheduling problems but I don't understand how the QA team missed this or no one bothered to fix it. This is a fun game and I'm grateful it's localized, but I'd actually like to hear the newly-recorded content and hope they fix it in a patch.

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
3 months ago#2
Yeah, Flynn's battle grunts and the new skits are a little quiet (it makes the skits in particular stand out because the normal skits are actually really f***ing loud.)

It makes it even more baffling because this is a selective thing.
-Why is Flynn's new battle dialogue quiet when Patty's (and everyone else's,) is just fine?
-Why are the new skits quieter when the old skits that have Patty/Flynn added have them at an appropriate volume?
-Why are new skits quiet when the new dialogue in general isn't?
Gamers this generation only work in hyperbole. Something is either god's gift to gaming or a cancerous blight that needs to die in a fire. There's no in between

User Info: SilentSeph

SilentSeph
3 months ago#3
This sucks because I can pretty much only play after midnight when everyone is sleeping, so my tv is low already, and Flynn and the new skits are practically mute for me. I really gotta get some good gaming headphones one day...
Delicious and vicious, while maliciously nutritious.

User Info: Rougefan

Rougefan
3 months ago#4
The music is quiet during dialogue scenes I'm noticing? Now I have a flatscreen TV and its sound isn't really great (cuz I don't have speakers that I can hook up so I have to just use the volume from the tv itself) but its nuts. Noticed it when Yuri breaks into the house in the beginning of the game. Granted after the scene when you have to make Yuri exit the house the music is normal. But then when he gets caught at the front of the manor its quiet again.

Is this happening to anyone else?
For the night is dark and full of terrors......and there she goes! There goes Raine into Ruin Mode!

User Info: MadDewg

MadDewg
3 months ago#5
SilentSeph posted...
This sucks because I can pretty much only play after midnight when everyone is sleeping, so my tv is low already, and Flynn and the new skits are practically mute for me. I really gotta get some good gaming headphones one day...

Look into getting a astro mixamp TR one day. Its extremely helpful for situations like these (and even more so for when the family is trying to sleep late at night and ya' can't quite crank that soundbar up to full blast, lol). You can also either make your own or download other people's sound profiles, and some people actually did make a few sond profiles for the sole purpose of hearing voices better in video games.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B014H2W1YO/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

It retails for 129.99, but you usually can always find people selling their old ones, or it will be on sale/something like that for around 80 bucks or less.

For the headphones, get some hyperx clouds and slap some velour earpads on'em....they are so comfortable for playing rpgs for hours. (I use some hyperx cloud alphas with the brainwavz velour pads myself. Good stuff).
GTag:XlX Zoro XlX PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx I bet my left nut on bloodstained ritual of the night being awesome...I like my left nut IGA, come through for me.

User Info: chrcol

chrcol
3 months ago#6
kirman you have the email address? I want to send feedback also, I agree some things seem like they were rushed in without quality checking.

User Info: SilentSeph

SilentSeph
3 months ago#7
MadDewg posted...
SilentSeph posted...

Look into getting a astro mixamp TR one day. Its extremely helpful for situations like these (and even more so for when the family is trying to sleep late at night and ya' can't quite crank that soundbar up to full blast, lol). You can also either make your own or download other people's sound profiles, and some people actually did make a few sond profiles for the sole purpose of hearing voices better in video games.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B014H2W1YO/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

It retails for 129.99, but you usually can always find people selling their old ones, or it will be on sale/something like that for around 80 bucks or less.

For the headphones, get some hyperx clouds and slap some velour earpads on'em....they are so comfortable for playing rpgs for hours. (I use some hyperx cloud alphas with the brainwavz velour pads myself. Good stuff).

Great suggestions, I'll keep an eye out for good prices. Thanks!
Delicious and vicious, while maliciously nutritious.

User Info: NekoZam

NekoZam
3 months ago#8
Yeah, the sound inbalance with battle and skit voices is pretty annoying and will hopefully be addressed.

Another minor thing that bugs me and can easily be fixed, and hopefully will, is how on the status screen for Patty it has her name as "PattyFleur".
GT, PSN, NNID: NekoZam

User Info: Azure_Antares

Azure_Antares
3 months ago#9
Tales of Symphonia also had this problem. I've just resorted to Japanese language instead of dub, I always use dub, but it's pretty jarring for me.

User Info: kiraman

kiraman
3 months ago#10
chrcol posted...
kirman you have the email address? I want to send feedback also, I agree some things seem like they were rushed in without quality checking.

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/contact
Click "email support."
  • Topic Archived