You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. You new players got it easy! Lmao

User Info: Pirat

Pirat
1 week ago#31
its good for people that dont have time to invest 100+ hours in every game when they have another 50+ unopened games to play like me. and like most other people.

User Info: heimdalgc

heimdalgc
1 week ago#32
xXDravenDarkXx posted...
You see, us 360 veterans had to bust our asses for all the good stuff this remake just handed to you on a silver platter. Some of the dlc costumes, particularly Yuri's with the ponytail, that thing was HELL to unlock in the original. All those synth items had to be found by the rarest most obscure enemies in the game. Those level up packs boosting you to laughably high levels at the start. Hours of grinding. In a way, this undermines many of the sidequests and monster hunting the game encourages. On the good side though, we can sit back, not stress over some of the more tedious quests, and we can just breeze through and enjoy the amazing story Vesperia has to tell. Thoughts from veterans and newbies please?

Xbox sux
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind
(message deleted)

User Info: Demonedge

Demonedge
1 week ago#34
I installed the DLC last night, but haven't had a chance to start yet. I assumed the extra costumes were DLC costumes from the Xbox 360 version now offered for free rather than in game obtainable items. Should I uninstall the two DLC packs?
The enemy of your enemy is your friend.

User Info: Vanguard666

Vanguard666
1 week ago#35
“Us 360 veterans”

f***ing cringe lol

User Info: gunplagirl

gunplagirl
1 week ago#36
Demonedge posted...
I installed the DLC last night, but haven't had a chance to start yet. I assumed the extra costumes were DLC costumes from the Xbox 360 version now offered for free rather than in game obtainable items. Should I uninstall the two DLC packs?

If you started the game any dlc stuff will be in your inventory. The outfit titles are in the base game itself (vesperia definitive edition) regardless. Doesn't have any effect besides changing your appearance.
Pew pew!

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 week ago#37
@heimdalgc posted...
xXDravenDarkXx posted...
You see, us 360 veterans had to bust our asses for all the good stuff this remake just handed to you on a silver platter. Some of the dlc costumes, particularly Yuri's with the ponytail, that thing was HELL to unlock in the original. All those synth items had to be found by the rarest most obscure enemies in the game. Those level up packs boosting you to laughably high levels at the start. Hours of grinding. In a way, this undermines many of the sidequests and monster hunting the game encourages. On the good side though, we can sit back, not stress over some of the more tedious quests, and we can just breeze through and enjoy the amazing story Vesperia has to tell. Thoughts from veterans and newbies please?

Xbox sux

You have an account that old and have been here that long yet you say such an immature, useless quip? Pathetic. Grow up.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Pentao

Pentao
6 days ago#38
Nah man.

I played through the 360 version and did the f***ing waiter mini game with every applicable characters.

Then I did it again, on the PS3 version, in Japanese which I'm not even fluent in. f*** that took me a long time.

And to top it off, I also did the goddamn waiter mini games in Berseria, ALSO in Japanese.

So when Definitive Edition offers to hand me all the waiter and waitress costumes on a silver platter, f***ing of course I'm gonna take that lmao.

User Info: OmbraLux

OmbraLux
6 days ago#39
VanilleHopen posted...
I'm a new player and I'm not using any of that s***...

User Info: gunplagirl

gunplagirl
6 days ago#40
Pentao posted...
Nah man.

I played through the 360 version and did the f***ing waiter mini game with every applicable characters.

Then I did it again, on the PS3 version, in Japanese which I'm not even fluent in. f*** that took me a long time.

And to top it off, I also did the goddamn waiter mini games in Berseria, ALSO in Japanese.

So when Definitive Edition offers to hand me all the waiter and waitress costumes on a silver platter, f***ing of course I'm gonna take that lmao.

It's only because of the kanji that I didn't bother with the waitress minigame on the PS3. That and repede snowboarding. <.<
Pew pew!
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. You new players got it easy! Lmao