• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. You new players got it easy! Lmao

User Info: xXDravenDarkXx

xXDravenDarkXx
1 week ago#1
You see, us 360 veterans had to bust our asses for all the good stuff this remake just handed to you on a silver platter. Some of the dlc costumes, particularly Yuri's with the ponytail, that thing was HELL to unlock in the original. All those synth items had to be found by the rarest most obscure enemies in the game. Those level up packs boosting you to laughably high levels at the start. Hours of grinding. In a way, this undermines many of the sidequests and monster hunting the game encourages. On the good side though, we can sit back, not stress over some of the more tedious quests, and we can just breeze through and enjoy the amazing story Vesperia has to tell. Thoughts from veterans and newbies please?
The achievement that set me over the 100,000 mark was for mass effect 2, best of the best. 'Nuff said.

User Info: Doomerang

Doomerang
1 week ago#2
You make it sound like every new player WANTS to use those DLC.
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny / Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
Ultra Sun FC: 4957-6992-5147 IGN: Neil

User Info: VanilleHopen

VanilleHopen
1 week ago#3
I'm a new player and I'm not using any of that s***...
Currently living on Haru's forehead from P5 and I have a huge 20 acre backyard.

User Info: Chaotic_Lord

Chaotic_Lord
1 week ago#4
ahh nice try but you could buy this crap on the 360 version. Why do you think it is considered DLC but not actually buyable?
XBL: Chaotic_Lord
PSN: jon_maso

User Info: Bloodshed113094

Bloodshed113094
1 week ago#5
I'm a two times 100% Veteran. I'm not touching any DLC I can unlock through actually playing the game.
I shouldn't have to clarify it's my opinion. You should assume that already.

User Info: Karnage4208238

Karnage4208238
1 week ago#6
i actually bought all the dlc items in the 360 version since i am the kind of person that always has and always will buy any kind of "cheat" dlc in single player games so its going to be nice to get at the very least some of them for free once i get this in a few months
Cletus Kasady/Carnage Is The Greatest Villain Of All Time
S'up Im Karnage The Ultimate Cheater I Love to Cheat If You Don't Like It It's Your Problem Not Mine

xXDravenDarkXx
1 week ago#7
I didnt say EVERYONE WILL use it gees ppl! The point is things are way easier this time around, should you choose it.
The achievement that set me over the 100,000 mark was for mass effect 2, best of the best. 'Nuff said.

xXDravenDarkXx
1 week ago#8
And let me be clear. I only used 1 lv+5 to get just a bit ahead of the starting zone grind. I have every intention of doing everything else the good old fashioned grindy way. In fact i havent taken it off hard mode since i left the capital. I enjoy the challenge personally. But some will skip the tougher parts thats all im sayin

User Info: Max58201

Max58201
1 week ago#9
360 users were the noobs with the option to abuse invincible and basically remove all difficulty from the actual somewhat challenging part of the game all these users have is a lessened grind to end game gear and the potential to break the difficulty of the already super easy early/mid game
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
1 week ago#10
Doomerang posted...
You make it sound like every new player WANTS to use those DLC.

The large majority probably will. Hardly anyone, especially younger more casual players, will want to spend time and actually work for something when they can have it almost instantly after downloading it with a few button presses. The way the game was originally designed and made to be played be damned.
US N Switch "Number" FC SW-3804-3177-9797
US PS3 / PS4 / PS Vita PSN: Number090684
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. You new players got it easy! Lmao
  • Topic Archived