• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. It's possible they could get Troy back.

User Info: TheMKDestroyer

TheMKDestroyer
1 week ago#1
I mean, it's not a real high chance and it's Bandai Namco so they probably won't care much after release. But I remember Bungie replacing the voice actor for Ghost so maybe there's a shot if people ask for it that they patch in Troy's voice like Bungie did for Destiny. Would be cool if they did that.

User Info: gadrem

gadrem
1 week ago#2
Well thats different though, destiny is an ongoing game whereas ToV is a single player experience. Also, the reasons are completely different.

TheMKDestroyer
1 week ago#3
@gadrem posted...
Well thats different though, destiny is an ongoing game whereas ToV is a single player experience. Also, the reasons are completely different.

Yeah I understand that. I was just pointing out that new voice lines can be patched in. I read somewhere on these boards someone saying that it can't be done.

User Info: Sand_Flare

Sand_Flare
1 week ago#4
You're over estimating Bamco's dedication to the product.
http://img1.imagehousing.com/0/anime-524978.gif

User Info: zado19

zado19
1 week ago#5
Sand_Flare posted...

Seriously, get the hell over it.

Either deal, play in Japanese, your sell your copy and play the 360 version again

This ain’t a game breaking glitch, it voice work.... no need to keep going and begging Namco to “fix” it
So many open racists on this site nowadays....
The people not on my side here are trolls themselves - Baha05

User Info: Chaotic_Lord

Chaotic_Lord
1 week ago#6
As much as it would be a kick in the pants to my nostalgia, they should have just replaced all of Troy's lines. But of course, being Bamco, they were too cheap to do that... so now you get this jarring mish-mash that makes the cinematic scenes of the English dub hard to appreciate. They really did a disservice to both actors as well as the fans.
XBL: Chaotic_Lord
PSN: jon_maso

TheMKDestroyer
1 week ago#7
@Sand_Flare posted...

Except I'm not. Read the first sentence of my first post. Right here.

TheMKDestroyer posted...
I mean, it's not a real high chance and it's Bandai Namco so they probably won't care much after release.

People really don't read the opening posts and just read the titles.

User Info: ShiningFang

ShiningFang
1 week ago#8
Well it really is worth a shot to be honest. Like I don't know why people want a half baked product. I'm glad that we got the game but we really should ask for them to go the full mile and show that we care. If we don't care then they don't.

It's fine if you don't hear any jarring differences but stop trying to inhibit people from trying. Especially since it really shouldn't have had dual voices in the first place. What other big title game had dual voices like this anyways? If you had an enhanced version of the Last of Us and Joel had his voice swapping between George and Troy, you would be like wtf, fix this. It wouldn't be accepted at all by the fans of the last of us there. Why shouldn't we hold the same standard?

Playing in Japanese is also NOT a solution. Just because you don't like the english dub doesn't mean that playing in japanese solves anything. It circumvents the issue but the problem is still there.

YS VIII was entirely rescripted and revoiced. The CEO saw the piss poor reception to the localization efforts. The company effectively created patches to patch the game entirely. If NIS America could do it for YS VIII, why couldn't Namco Bandai?

This should be the "Definitive" edition. It's Tales of Vesperia. This game has been claimed as one of the best tales games in the fandom. We clamored for it for YEARS and yes we finally got it. But for the definitive edition, why doesn't the main character have a singular voice? Look I said I get it, if you can't hear the difference, good for you. But seriously, being complacent and accepting this as the standard is just a terrible thing to do. They cheaped out on this game. They looked for ways to cut corners. There are fans who want consistency. Troy was willing to return to the role. Quite honestly, the only issue is Namco Bandai just cheaping out AND the fans who are letting this s***ty business practice happen. Enablers.

Seriously, if you skipped all of that, then hear me out here. It's Tales of Vesperia. The best game in the Tales fandom. It should be treated way better than it did (Lack of advertising, being released 2.5 weeks before KH3, Dual voice acting, that s***ty North American CE, those 50$ acrylics). Please, lets just make it actually the "Definitive" edition instead of propagating this defeatist and "give up" mentality around here. It's worth a shot. Better than nothing.

User Info: Yatol

Yatol
1 week ago#9
it just wont happen
0% is your best bet
If you think i'm a troll, do me a favor and block me, don't waste my time with baseless accusations.

TheMKDestroyer
1 week ago#10
@Yatol posted...
it just wont happen
0% is your best bet

With that attitude then yeah it's 0%. But as ShiningFang said already, people complained about the quality of Ys VIII and that get redubbed. If enough people complain, the chances of getting Troy to dub the extra lines goes up. May not be much, but it's something.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. It's possible they could get Troy back.
  • Topic Archived