• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. The adventure starter pack is some bs

User Info: SectionX2

SectionX2
2 months ago#1
It totally breaks the game. It is not starter pack it gives away all recepies and you can syntisize the strongest weapons from it.

User Info: Prince__Laharl

Prince__Laharl
2 months ago#2
Then don't use it? That's all I decided to do.
PSN - KuraiEXE

User Info: RyuuHou83

RyuuHou83
2 months ago#3
Yeah. Nobody is forcing you to download it, and after that, nobody is forcing you to USE them in the game either!

f***ing people, I swear.

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
2 months ago#4
SectionX2 posted...
It totally breaks the game. It is not starter pack it gives away all recepies and you can syntisize the strongest weapons from it.

I totally agree TC. 40 free party member levels is already incredibly ridiculous, but throwing in 900K free Gald and access to synthesis materials that will let you make 500+ attack power late game weapons with powerful late game skills right at the start is totally a good idea, right? And giving away some unlockable in game costumes for free totally doesn't ruin the sense of achievement of unlocking them normally or anything. Can't have the players spending some time to actually work for levels, skills, titles, equipment and gald and try to build up some skill playing the actual game as it was originally intended to be played and enjoy the character progression and any challenge whatsoever now can we?

Namco Bandai really didn't think this through. They should have put all of the DLC on the game disc, and made some of it unlockable via the Grade Shop. A few people are going to use all of the DLC at the very beginning, end up steamrolling most of the game and then end up b****ing about it being too easy, etc. It's only a matter of time.
US N Switch "Number" FC SW-3804-3177-9797
US PS3 / PS4 / PS Vita PSN: Number090684

User Info: jordina

jordina
2 months ago#5
The levels i think depends on when you use them. I remember finishing act 1 in my late 30s so the game soon catches up. Using them once you reach level 20 and your probably set for the rest of the main story. Ill save them for postgame.

didnt know about the synthesis giving access to uber weapons though.

User Info: weereenusername

weereenusername
2 months ago#6
I don't have my copy yet and I would love to know:
Is there a way to only unlock certain DLC's and not others. For instance only the costumes not levels/ gald/ recipes.
<(^_^)>

User Info: SectionX2

SectionX2
2 months ago#7
Number090684 posted...
SectionX2 posted...

I totally agree TC. 40 free party member levels is already incredibly ridiculous, but throwing in 900K free Gald and access to synthesis materials that will let you make 500+ attack power late game weapons with powerful late game skills right at the start is totally a good idea, right? And giving away some unlockable in game costumes for free totally doesn't ruin the sense of achievement of unlocking them normally or anything. Can't have the players spending some time to actually work for levels, skills, titles, equipment and gald and try to build up some skill playing the actual game as it was originally intended to be played and enjoy the character progression and any challenge whatsoever now can we?

Namco Bandai really didn't think this through. They should have put all of the DLC on the game disc, and made some of it unlockable via the Grade Shop. A few people are going to use all of the DLC at the very beginning, end up steamrolling most of the game and then end up b****ing about it being too easy, etc. It's only a matter of time.

Yeah the game is already easy why was this needed?

Number090684
2 months ago#8
weereenusername posted...
I don't have my copy yet and I would love to know:
Is there a way to only unlock certain DLC's and not others. For instance only the costumes not levels/ gald/ recipes.

Basically after you download the DLC and start up the game and get control of Yuri, pull up the menu. Go into the Item section and there will be various item tabs. Go to the Download Content Tab, which is usually the last one, and you can see all of the download content packs that have either been included with this version of the game, or you downloaded, and you can enable them if you want. If you click on one you are curious about it should tell you everything that is in it that will be added and if you want to enable it and add it's content to the playthrough you are currently in. Once you enable it, it immediately takes effect for that playthrough and at the beginning of another playthrough, New Game or New Game Plus doesn't matter, you can enable any previously enabled DLC again. There is no need to redownload it online.

Number090684
2 months ago#9
SectionX2 posted...
Number090684 posted...
SectionX2 posted...

Yeah the game is already easy why was this needed?

This DLC was originally available for the original 360 and PS3 versions as "pay to win" DLC they had for sale for people who were possibly terrible at the game, and / or those who couldn't commit any extra time to work for things, unlike normal people, who play RPGs to partially work on building up something, among other reasons. Anyway, they just didn't think this through, by making everything free and available from the very beginning.

User Info: RyuuHou83

RyuuHou83
2 months ago#10
RyuuHou83 posted...
Yeah. Nobody is forcing you to download it, and after that, nobody is forcing you to USE them in the game either!

f***ing people, I swear.

Seriously. Again. NONE of you are f***ing forced to use these.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. The adventure starter pack is some bs
  • Topic Archived