You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition details version resolution and frame rate

User Info: sidvicious77

sidvicious77
1 week ago#1
Bandai Namco has updated the official Japanese website for Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition with the resolution and frame rate differences between each version of the game.

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/tales-of-vesperia-definitive-edition-details-version-resolution-and-frame-rate-differences

User Info: MolotovMan

MolotovMan
1 week ago#2
Its very odd that the Xbox One X version might also run at 30fps outside of battles without an enhancement patch.
GT: MolotovMan1263
3770K / Asrock Pro4 / GTX 970 / 16 GB RAM

User Info: kingofjamaica

kingofjamaica
1 week ago#3
MolotovMan posted...
Its very odd that the Xbox One X version might also run at 30fps outside of battles without an enhancement patch.

I can't find anything about enhancements for either PS4 Pro, or Xbox One X. So it looks like Xbox One X users might be stuck with 1080p30 outside of battle.

There's really no reason why this isn't native 4K60 on both Pro and X, other than sheer ineptitude.
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.

User Info: MadDewg

MadDewg
1 week ago#4
Definitely a lazy port job goin' on, since the xbox isn't exactly a high priority for japan. Namco-bandai is always hit or miss with this sort of stuff it seems like.
GTag:XlX Zoro XlX PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx I bet my left nut on bloodstained ritual of the night being awesome...I like my left nut IGA, come through for me.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MabinogiFan

MabinogiFan
1 week ago#5
I was tempted to get it on the Switch, but now I might get it for PS4 since that seems to be the most optimized console version.

User Info: rmkii

rmkii
1 week ago#6
lol, the recommended PC specs

Switch/PS4 for me

User Info: Koro-Pok-Guru

Koro-Pok-Guru
1 week ago#7
sidvicious77 posted...
Bandai Namco has updated the official Japanese website for Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition with the resolution and frame rate differences between each version of the game.

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/tales-of-vesperia-definitive-edition-details-version-resolution-and-frame-rate-differences

FINALLY!
Thx TC x)

Lazy port & Sheer Ineptitude

Yeah... Sadly.
It's a shame. I guess they had simply more experience with PS4 then with the other 2 consoles, so they could improve the formula for this one (+ that's the version most people would chose anyway).

MabinogiFan posted...
I was tempted to get it on the Switch, but now I might get it for PS4 since that seems to be the most optimized console version.

Truth be told we don't know how it'll run. It could be 60 FPS but with framerate drops too (ok, I'm being pessimistic, the game is already 10yo this shouldn't happen)
60 FPS in exploration don't mean much tbh... It just mean that the camera will be more fluid when you turn it on the worldmap. If that's the only thing you consider, continue thinking x))

+ I find it weird how the PS4 version is the lightest (well don't know how much GB the Switch version will be).
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Shinyuki

User Info: ForteXX

ForteXX
1 week ago#8
rmkii posted...
lol, the recommended PC specs

Switch/PS4 for me

Those are almost definitely inflated specs.

User Info: LilFunnyCat

LilFunnyCat
1 week ago#9
It not running in 4k on Pro or One X is just really lousy. I 100% expected Namco to do something like this though.

User Info: snake_5036

snake_5036
1 week ago#10
kingofjamaica posted...
There's really no reason why this isn't native 4K60 on both Pro and X, other than sheer ineptitude.

It's lazy porting, something Namco specializes in. Look at some of the Tales ports on Steam, like the Symphonia one.

I'm still getting it on Switch unless footage leaks of the game dropping frames everywhere.
You felt your sins weighing down on your neck.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition details version resolution and frame rate