• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. Troy Baker "gutted" over recast - wanted to come back; was never asked

User Info: Etherealist

Etherealist
2 months ago#1
https://twitter.com/troybakerva/status/1043084182405173248

"....wow. Yeah, had no idea about this. Was never approached to do any additional lines/scenes. Pretty gutted, to be honest. Love this character so much, would’ve jumped at the chance to step into those boots again."

Like most of the ToS1 cast, seems they said "union, f*** it."
Sometimes it's best to give up on your dreams if they're too good for you.

User Info: trash_master

trash_master
2 months ago#2
Etherealist posted...

"....wow. Yeah, had no idea about this. Was never approached to do any additional lines/scenes. Pretty gutted, to be honest. Love this character so much, would’ve jumped at the chance to step into those boots again."

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! I DEMAND A RE CAST! IM GETTING THE PETITION READY

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
2 months ago#3
trash_master posted...
Etherealist posted...

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! I DEMAND A RE CAST! IM GETTING THE PETITION READY

GoFundMe or Kickstarter page might be more effective. Get everyone to crowdfund Troy's normal VA fee and send it to Bamco. 😜
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"oh boy I can't wait to date those samurai guys" - FSABot

User Info: trash_master

trash_master
2 months ago#4
Ace-of-Clubs posted...
trash_master posted...
Etherealist posted...

GoFundMe or Kickstarter page might be more effective. Get everyone to crowdfund Troy's normal VA fee and send it to Bamco. 😜

no need. we'll VOICE ACT THE LINES OUR SELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TALES COMMUNITY FORM UP AND IN COLLECTIVE WE'LL RE CAST YURI'S LINES! then we'll send it to bamco :D

User Info: Hommedaction

Hommedaction
2 months ago#5
Etherealist posted...

Can't blame them for that.
I love the French for their sarcasm, their irony. I love them for their bad moods. -Marjane Satrapi

User Info: PostCrisisJ2

PostCrisisJ2
2 months ago#6
Oi, scamco.
RIP Stephen Hawking 1942-2018

User Info: Tales_of_101

Tales_of_101
2 months ago#7
Seems like Bandai Namco are cutting corners again...

User Info: Game Jester

Game Jester
2 months ago#8
Guess they weren't willing to pay that much higher union price only to have him do a few lines.

User Info: PowerOats

PowerOats
2 months ago#9
TBH I'd pay extra money to have Troy back

It also stomps that theory that everything was already recorded 10 years ago

User Info: hyjinx17

hyjinx17
2 months ago#10
Wait so, the scenes from the original release are him, but the new ones aren't? That sounds obnoxious. If you're gonna recast, rerecord the whole thing.
Thanks for saving fighting games Goku!
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  3. Troy Baker "gutted" over recast - wanted to come back; was never asked
  • Topic Archived