• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  3. Sword Saint is cheap as f***

User Info: TheGutter

TheGutter
3 months ago#1
I think this might be the first From game i don't actually beat because of this stupid f***ing boss. Whoever designed this whole fight needs a stern talking to about fun design. Two cheap bosses in a row with lightning fast attacks and broken tracking. Well f***ing done. I am not even remotely surprised people are giving up here, this is too much.
Over my dead body.

User Info: Kingspade1212

Kingspade1212
3 months ago#2
Hey man, I fought him allll day and i finally did it. You just gotta keep going. You'll beat him!

Took me probably 40 tries
GT: DadofBoiii
PSN: KingsREborn12

User Info: Dt22

Dt22
3 months ago#3
I beat him so he is definitely not cheap.

Took me damn near 5 hours though haha.

TheGutter
3 months ago#4
Dt22 posted...

He is 100% cheap, not impossible but definitely a dirty fight
Over my dead body.

User Info: chivien99999

chivien99999
3 months ago#5
Lightning fast attacks?
Try this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBJYdfI8rCs

User Info: LoeweTFP

LoeweTFP
3 months ago#6
The final boss set is ironically the most fair fight in the whole game. Neither of them have any tricks that break the rules. Between running, jumping and mashing L1, you can handle everything both of them throw at you.

User Info: Dt22

Dt22
3 months ago#7
TheGutter posted...
Dt22 posted...

He is 100% cheap, not impossible but definitely a dirty fight

I dunno man it really is fair, just a test of patience and really mastering the mechanics.

It’s gonna take blocking, and perfectly timed parties, doddges and jumps to defeat him.

It’s as demanding as any FROM fight because of the length and little room for error.

Phase 4 was my Achilles geek until I got the lightning timing down and once you do he is easily punished. Deflect the lightning 2-3 times and you can finish him.

TheGutter
3 months ago#8
LoeweTFP posted...
The final boss set is ironically the most fair fight in the whole game. Neither of them have any tricks that break the rules. Between running, jumping and mashing L1, you can handle everything both of them throw at you.

Aside from genichiros broken tracking and SS ability to instantly combo you from 20 feet away
Over my dead body.

User Info: valikkster

valikkster
3 months ago#9
Agreed with tc. Possibly the worst designed fight in the game imho.

User Info: ErichPryde

ErichPryde
3 months ago#10
Genichiro is a joke. It's irritating that you even fight him here, but he's just detritus.

Sword saint is a tough fight but once you figure out the movesets, not so bad.
Hesitation is defeat
  1. Boards
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  3. Sword Saint is cheap as f***
  • Topic Archived