• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  3. Ceremonial Tanto Worth it?

User Info: Hairistotle

Hairistotle
2 years ago#11
Ok?

User Info: Xethuminra

Xethuminra
2 years ago#12
Also, some items like Snow can overheal

If the enemy runs away, may as well Tanto not to waste it

User Info: jky7702

jky7702
2 years ago#13
Whats snow?

My goal is to have 5000 emblems, only have 50 now cuz I use them so much. Going to be a long grind.

Xethuminra
2 years ago#14
Fine Snow

It’s an item from the Child of Rejuvenation, late game

jky7702
2 years ago#15
Cool, don't think I got that one yet

User Info: Gwyns_Beard

Gwyns_Beard
2 years ago#16
I don't really find it worth it. I don't think the need for emblems is so great as to warrant it. It's cool if you wanna be flashy though
Well, someday you will die somehow and something's gonna steal your carbon

Xethuminra
2 years ago#17
Be you grateful?

Tanto is worthy. It’s the only way to Flame Vent, really

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
2 years ago#18
If you need to rely on stuff that uses emblems, it is invaluable. If you know how to maximise the output and potential of things that use emblems, it is also invaluable. So overall whether learning or experienced it just seems great.

Later in the game you can recover 20% of max health per death blow, Tanto takes 50% of your max health, and a pellet recovers about 40%.

So for progressing in a level it is likely just free extra emblems. If going straight to a boss, you are basically converting a pellet into 5 emblems. Seems like a good deal.
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Mutilated praise.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)

jky7702
2 years ago#19
I just love using my whole toolkit as much as I can and experimenting with the combat, I find myself just throwing my guy into a group of 5-10 enemies and using everything to get out of it.

The Tanto is actually awesome and will be used by more players once word gets out how good it is. Like Xeth said, you don't even need to use a pellet or gourd if you deathblow a few trash mobs, which is usually the case next to most idols.

If you really wanted to use maximum advantage in a boss fight you can tanto, then deathblow a few grunts then go to the boss arena. I know you can't do this for every boss because some idols are more isolated but if one wanted to use every trick in the book they can do this for 5 extra emblems at all times.

I personally love mechanics like this.

User Info: DoctorDoom80

DoctorDoom80
2 years ago#20
It’s helpful on the 2nd Guardian Ape fight 2nd phase where you need to spam Firecracker on the add and have enough emblems to Spear the boss.
Bnet: DoctorDoom#1357
  1. Boards
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  3. Ceremonial Tanto Worth it?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A