• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  3. Will Seikoro be best vs Ghost of Thushibura?

User Info: nowhere2hide

nowhere2hide
2 months ago#1
The Sony exclusive looked quite amazing. This individual rendered grass and cherry blossoms will give Miyazaki a run for his money.

I worry about too many samurai games out at same time. What you all think will be best?
notime2spell, ergo time is money
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBUkqUxZ-WcvtYPnDmHIglA

User Info: Rokkijani

Rokkijani
2 months ago#2
Graphics of Tsushiburama are probably one of the best we have seen. But anyway I'm not waiting it. There is no super natural elements so it's seems boring to me.

Hoping that Nioh 2 is gonna be good.
Psn: rokkijani
''Even a fat naked rolling guy is God's beautiful creation so bow to him after his death.''

User Info: the_bats17

the_bats17
2 months ago#3
I think Sekiro will have the superior gameplay and all the weird little touches that go into a Miyazaki game. Ghost does look really good though. I was never a fan of Infamous so I don't really know what to say.
Next time be a Hero by remembering you're not.

User Info: Xethuminra

Xethuminra
2 months ago#4
I am hoping to enjoy something of a
triumvirate between Shadows, Nioh II, &
Ghost.

The Prosthetic Arm hook
The Kusarigami hook
The Eastern Lasso hook

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sekiro-vs-nioh-2-vs-ghosts-of-tsushima.49300/page-12

User Info: Rizeroth

Rizeroth
2 months ago#5
Graphics? Is that all? Sekiro has this in the bag.

In all seriousness, i am looking forward to ghost but it is something of a mixed thing. It is based on a historical event and is grounded while sekiro is more exaggerated with japanese fantasy themes which means lots more interesting enemies. Ghost has better graphics but we know from emphasises more on art style and world buiding. Being a from game, you know that action is going to be superior in sekiro. Ghost is a proper openworld game and is going to be a ninja/samurai hybrid so that is a plus in its favor.

Ghost also has the problem of historical inaccuracy like terms of certain weapons like katanas not being present in that age. Now they tried to say that it is their "retelling" of the events which IMO, is a cheap sidestepping the problem kind of move.
Zelda is a freaking NINJA!!

User Info: owenmatthew

owenmatthew
2 months ago#6
Art design looks pretty damn solid on all 3. Something for everyone here, from heavy fantasy to lots of historical authenticity. It’s a subjective tie, imho.

After that I see it break up a bit more...

Graphics and financial success to Ghost

Gameplay and cult following status to (and probably continuing innovation) Sekiro

Crying Pillow for those that don’t understand, or cannot hack a From game, to Nioh 2.
a rose by any other name would smell as sweet

User Info: cooolio

cooolio
2 months ago#7
I'm still not all that convinced that Ghost will be all that. I like the stealth elements, but the bit of combat didn't impress me. If the combat has some depth to it, then I'll be satisfied in that area. Only other things i need to see is more stealth and playstyles and how they handle npcs and exploration.

Loved the work put inti the side quest
Life is neither cruel nor precious. Some people are just born in pain others either walk in it or wield it.

User Info: JakeJupiter3020

JakeJupiter3020
2 months ago#8
Ghost looks really impressive, but I don't think it's going to be nearly as fun to play as SEKIRO. SEKIRO may actually top it in sales, being that it's not an exclusive like Ghost.
"who the hell would eat kfc if they could have popeyes. i mean hell kfc is nice but popeyes is on a-whole-nother level" -cornix1 PSN: JakeJupiter3020

User Info: owenmatthew

owenmatthew
2 months ago#9
cooolio posted...
I'm still not all that convinced that Ghost will be all that. I like the stealth elements, but the bit of combat didn't impress me. If the combat has some depth to it, then I'll be satisfied in that area. Only other things i need to see is more stealth and playstyles and how they handle npcs and exploration.

Loved the work put inti the side quest

I fully expect the whole thing to blow like a giant open world western style AAA light rpg with poop combat but cool little tricks. It looks like Horizon ZD with swords. Like Nioh 2, I’ll get it eventually, but at deep discount. I also expect Ghost to blow up for milking that formula.
a rose by any other name would smell as sweet

User Info: Xethuminra

Xethuminra
2 months ago#10
Fun fact: this sort of historical inaccuracy isz
known as an anachronism. Out of order and
time! Metaphor or without supernatural story?

**motions to @Rizeroth **

We could maybe view Tsushima like a classic
Spaghetti-Samurai, whereas Sekiro looks
more science-fiction oriented, set in olden day
Japan. Weird tech, giant animals, monsters...

Nioh, on the other hand, idk... what do you
make of this title and news of its follow-up?
The first game is such a strange thing ^.^
Kurosawa? Samurai Souls by Team Ninja?
Caucasian Katana Action! vs Geralt ^..^

#first_last
  1. Boards
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  3. Will Seikoro be best vs Ghost of Thushibura?
  • Topic Archived