• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NieR: Automata - Become as Gods Edition
  3. Is this game worth 50 dollars on the original Xbox One?

User Info: SinSlayne

SinSlayne
11 months ago#1
It seems they are targeting Xbox One X players for this game touting the frame rate etc...

I don’t care about extra costumes and whatnot I just want to play the game.

50 dollars seems a bit pricey for an older game.

Taking away the age of the game and the extras, is 50 dollars worth the price of admission or should I wait for a sale?

Thanks!!
XBL Gamertag: BloodBane
PSN: BloodBane

User Info: Yuri_LowelI

Yuri_LowelI
11 months ago#2
It’s not that old. It’s still 40-50 on PS4 and PC.

The resolution is low on original Xbox but frame rate is similar. Doesn’t hold 60 as much as x but it’s not bad.

And this game is digital only. So a sale might be months off and even then it will be 10% or something.

Personally I would because it’s an excellent game.
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif

SinSlayne
11 months ago#3
Yuri_LowelI posted...

The resolution is low on original Xbox but frame rate is similar. Doesn’t hold 60 as much as x but it’s not bad.

And this game is digital only. So a sale might be months off and even then it will be 10% or something.

Thanks man. I knew it was digital only but I didn't know they don't discount digital games as much as ones with physical copies. Interesting.

User Info: Yuri_LowelI

Yuri_LowelI
11 months ago#4
SinSlayne posted...
Yuri_LowelI posted...

Thanks man. I knew it was digital only but I didn't know they don't discount digital games as much as ones with physical copies. Interesting.

Not anytime soon. Of course if you wait until Christmas there might be a good 50% off deal but even in the summer for brand new games it’s never more than 10-20 %.

But if you want that small discount then you could wait for a summer sale
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif

User Info: Falchion92

Falchion92
11 months ago#5
I have it on the original Xbox One and it runs fine to me. Never cared for 4K or that kind of stuff.
Xbox Live: Hahli Nuva

SinSlayne
11 months ago#6
I ended up buying it. I like it very much. When I was reading the reviews about the Xbox One and the colors being bland and washed out I didn’t pay it any mind. But, for a world your going to be in, it is pretty bland and washed out.

Granted I haven’t got very far but I think the game would make you feel more at home with a little bit wider of a color pallete but I understand the reasoning behind it.

It is a very good game. I’m surprised how low-key the Xbox One’s release of the game was. They hyped it for the PS4 and I remember I wished I had a PS4 when they announced that game back in the day.

But, I’m happy, very good game so far.
  1. Boards
  2. NieR: Automata - Become as Gods Edition
  3. Is this game worth 50 dollars on the original Xbox One?
  • Topic Archived