• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  3. Just got this game...*may contain SPOILER*

User Info: RayKnight

RayKnight
1 month ago#1
So it's not very Dark Soul-ish. I'd say this is more Uncharted with a light saber and a grid-based level up system. So the only thing that is Dark Soul-ish would be the fact that you can meditate and restore your health, which in turns reset all the enemies in the area.

I quite liked the game, but it wouldn't be something I will play through more than...two times? I mean this is just based on what I've played so far so my opinion may change along the way.

Just to check if there will be more fighting style / stance or am I only allowed to have whatever he started out with? Also...will there be Count Dooku's hilt available for customization?
I didn't kill him. He seemed like a pretty decent guy.
But I did shoot him in the testicles.
- enjoi_number8 on AF, RDR

User Info: Shadow Reaver

Shadow Reaver
1 month ago#2
no on the Dooku hilt and I got more of a Witcher 3 vibe from the combat, signs and Force powers are pretty similar as well.
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
I Pray to No One! Nor will I be Prayed to! - Asura

User Info: RayKnight

RayKnight
1 month ago#3
Shadow Reaver posted...
no on the Dooku hilt and I got more of a Witcher 3 vibe from the combat, signs and Force powers are pretty similar as well.
If From Software made this game then we can expect some multiplayer Jedi elements...your covenants would be either Sith or something else. So the Sith can work like Darkwraith, whereby you can invade players and kill them. Now that would be an awesome idea...
I didn't kill him. He seemed like a pretty decent guy.
But I did shoot him in the testicles.
- enjoi_number8 on AF, RDR

User Info: thedude3372

thedude3372
1 month ago#4
RayKnight posted...
If From Software made this game then we can expect some multiplayer Jedi elements...your covenants would be either Sith or something else. So the Sith can work like Darkwraith, whereby you can invade players and kill them. Now that would be an awesome idea...

That'd be a hard pass for me, I've always hated the invasion mechanic in Souls games. Hopefully they won't implement anything similar in a sequel, and keep this strictly single player.
A 7empest must be just that.

User Info: Azztec

Azztec
1 month ago#5
thedude3372 posted...
That'd be a hard pass for me, I've always hated the invasion mechanic in Souls games. Hopefully they won't implement anything similar in a sequel, and keep this strictly single player.
Doesn't fit the spirit of a Jedi either. Closest concept I could imagine would be co-op assistance, but even then we're playing an established character, not a nameless Hollow (two Cal's fighting side by side would be a little off from the narrative pov). Unless they factored in "guest" Jedi to assist Cal/the sequel's protagonist.

I would also factor in the shortcuts into the Soulslike formula, TC, but yes, it's as much a platformer as it is Soulslike, with a strong aspect on it's exploration/navigating as much as the combat (maybe even more so).
She told me I was utterly incapable of making a connection. I told her I didn't have any bars.
Gamertag/PSN id: Azzerrific
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: slopesoden

slopesoden
1 month ago#6
RayKnight posted...
I quite liked the game, but it wouldn't be something I will play through more than...two times? I mean this is just based on what I've played so far so my opinion may change along the way.

It seems that for pro-gamers, like we all are here, the harder difficulty makes the combat a lot more intuitive. Your parries and deflects are tighter which, in this case, make them easier to cause to occur. The one drawback to this is the fact that the bosses (and mini-bosses) seem almost immortal in the early stages of the game. Luckily you can change the difficulty of the game at any time from the menu. On the easiest level, your parry has it's own hit-box somewhere outside of the fight you're currently trying to survive.

Back to the topic, the first time I played I was on Jedi Knight and it was difficult, because it seemed like the Force was against my controller inputs. The second time on Jedi Master it was a lot easier to have an enjoyable time. As far as Jedi Grand Master, well, you'll just have to try it for yourself.
"Nothing is genuine anymore." - Control

User Info: IloveJesus

IloveJesus
1 month ago#7
It's not like Souls, which is for the best because if it was like Souls I wouldn't want to play it.
Jesus loves us. It only seems fair to love him back.

User Info: dm_punks

dm_punks
4 weeks ago#8
I almost didn't buy this because of that "Souls-like" they keep attaching to it (for me, that's never a selling point LOL). But Epic Games gave me $10 off for X-mas on their store and Fallen Order was like 50% off, so I got it pretty cheap (around $16)...
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: lostn

lostn
4 weeks ago#9
don't compare it to Uncharted. The only thing Uncharted about it is that it has climbing. There's nothing else similar.

Uncharted games don't have backtracking or skill points, health stims, respawning enemies, scanning.

Also, the climbing in this game is terrible compared to Uncharted which makes it hard to fall off and die. You don't need precision in Uncharted. The game assumes what you intended to do and assists you. In this game, you need to be precise or you'll fall off.

This is Dark Souls meets Tomb Raider.
lostn posted...
don't compare it to Uncharted. The only thing Uncharted about it is that it has climbing. There's nothing else similar.

Actually, the controls, movement, and general feel of the gameplay in this game is very similar to Uncharted. Many people have pointed this out. That’s a good thing, btw. Of course, other than that, the climbing is the most obvious similarity. It’s true that none of the other elements in this game you listed are present in Uncharted. But then again, no one claims they are.
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  3. Just got this game...*may contain SPOILER*
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A