• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  3. How rushed was this game?

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
1 month ago#1
It runs like s*** on my pro and the game isn't even doing anything intensive like Control's destruction physics or Red Dead's open world. Yet this game runs so much worse. Constantly getting loading screens halting gameplay and the textures are taking 5+ seconds at times to fully render.

Seems like it was made by amateurs by I know Respawn aren't. So I can only assume EA rushed this game to market. Anyone know if that's the case?
Playing:
PS4: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. Switch: Pokemon Sword, Final Fantasy VII. Mobile: Dragon Quest III.

User Info: MinusN

MinusN
1 month ago#2
Not for sure, but based on release date it was rushed because of Rise of a Skywalker.
They are about a month apart.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Skelligepirate

Skelligepirate
1 month ago#3
Think it could have done with a couple more months polish but I Don't think it was a game breaker, the 2 things I encountered were textures sometimes not loading properly and the occasional stutter when entering a new area.

Never really bothered me tho.

User Info: VENOMOUS75

VENOMOUS75
1 month ago#4
I have this on One X and it runs fine.

My main issues are that there could have been more enemy variety, which might have been hindered by them rushing the game out. Seriously, less giant rats and rams and give me more robots and imperial variants. At least animals more vicious than a ram..Why no Rancors? Why only two of the Inquisitors? Trandoshans? Mandalorians?

Other than that, I don't know why there's no stealth in the game. Even Obi Wan used stealth.

I'm hoping they patch a few things in. But as far as the game goes, it's running pretty smooth for me.
Former Athiest Patrick Glynn "Today concrete data points in the direction of the God hypothesis the simplest most obvious solution."God: The Evidence

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
1 month ago#5
I keep trying to crouch to stealth because there are clearly so many opportunities to sneak and stealth kill.

Clearly EA rushed them in time for Mandalorian and RoS hype.
Playing:
PS4: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. Switch: Pokemon Sword, Final Fantasy VII. Mobile: Dragon Quest III.

User Info: Mountainface

Mountainface
1 month ago#6
VENOMOUS75 posted...
I have this on One X and it runs fine.

My main issues are that there could have been more enemy variety, which might have been hindered by them rushing the game out. Seriously, less giant rats and rams and give me more robots and imperial variants. At least animals more vicious than a ram..Why no Rancors? Why only two of the Inquisitors? Trandoshans? Mandalorians?

Other than that, I don't know why there's no stealth in the game. Even Obi Wan used stealth.

I'm hoping they patch a few things in. But as far as the game goes, it's running pretty smooth for me.
I am also playing on a one X and it does not run fine. Its a jank master game.
Casual gamer aaf.

User Info: boardrboy69

boardrboy69
1 month ago#7
I am also playing this on One X and it runs mostly fine. A couple stutter points on kashyyyk but thats it.

Oh and since the patch a few places where there is a small step and cal gets stuck. Quick jump fixes that tho
Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Wakarimasu ka?!

User Info: VENOMOUS75

VENOMOUS75
1 month ago#8
Mountainface posted...
I am also playing on a one X and it does not run fine. Its a jank master game.

I can provide video. No jank. The most noticeable thing for me are the textures on Kashyyk load up semi slowly in some sections and sometimes when Cal reaches a new section, there's a quick rubber band snap effect. The fighting, running, climbing? Absolutely no jank.
Former Athiest Patrick Glynn "Today concrete data points in the direction of the God hypothesis the simplest most obvious solution."God: The Evidence
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: cynicalsaint

cynicalsaint
1 month ago#9
Its a good game that feels like the beta of a great one. When everything is working right it's excellent, but the combat feels like it could use a little more polish, and there is a lot of jank like enemies occasionally not spawning or teleporting in from nowhere, and awful loading times, and worst of all this nonsense:

https://youtu.be/9gt7L_jIuaA

(Playing on a PS4 Pro)

If all else fails, use fire.
PSN/Steam - cynicalsaint ~:::~ XBL - cynicalsaint0 ~:::~ battle.net - cynicalsaint#1360

User Info: Kraqdar

Kraqdar
1 month ago#10
cynicalsaint posted...
Its a good game that feels like the beta of a great one. When everything is working right it's excellent, but the combat feels like it could use a little more polish, and there is a lot of jank like enemies occasionally not spawning or teleporting in from nowhere, and awful loading times, and worst of all this nonsense:

https://youtu.be/9gt7L_jIuaA

(Playing on a PS4 Pro)

I'm playing on the PS4 Pro as well, but haven't experienced any of that jank at all. Do you have Boost Mode enabled and just out of curiosity, how much free space do you have on your storage system?

If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  3. How rushed was this game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A