• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  3. Does the TIE Interceptor retcon kind of bother anybody?

User Info: Flash2Beasley

Flash2Beasley
6 days ago#1
This is a very nerdy thing to care about I totally admit, but I liked how the technology had a logical progression in old Legends canon. The TIE Interceptor was a cheaper evolution of Vader's TIE Advanced, which itself was too costly to mass produce and only appears near the Battle of Yavin. Thus we only really see the TIE Interceptors in the films in Episode VI, since by then the Empire had mostly been able to shift from standard TIE's.

Now in this game, set only 5 years after the Clone Wars (and 14 BBY) we already have an Interceptor, predating likely even Vader's TIE Advanced (I don't know if he has it yet in the new canon, haven't read the comics).

Just a minor quibble, but it's little things like this (also the retcon of the B-Wing origin in Rebels) that kinda bug me.

User Info: Spectre387

Spectre387
6 days ago#2
Yeah they kind of rushed it a bit for fan service. Like the Empire having the TIE Defender at the end of Rebels. What irritated me more was the cosmetic changes to the TIE Interceptor and TIE Adanced.
King of Stonage
~Member of the Elite Six~

User Info: Arcangel22

Arcangel22
6 days ago#3
Spectre387 posted...
Yeah they kind of rushed it a bit for fan service. Like the Empire having the TIE Defender at the end of Rebels. What irritated me more was the cosmetic changes to the TIE Interceptor and TIE Adanced.

To be fair, you could call these prototypes before they're refined in later versions of the machine.
The Internet: 90% of it sucks, but every now and then...you find that 10% that's even worse. You're here just like me? Welcome to the 10%.

User Info: AlterEgo3561

AlterEgo3561
6 days ago#4
Could always be worse, the second sister could have been flying around in a Tie Phantom.
Nice catch. I hear you, but I guess everything in the game I've been lenient as long as it looks cool.

Not nearly as bothersome as a brand new rule about Mandalorians never taking off their helmets. Sabine must be a great disappointment.
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: mizukage2

mizukage2
6 days ago#6
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
Nice catch. I hear you, but I guess everything in the game I've been lenient as long as it looks cool.

Not nearly as bothersome as a brand new rule about Mandalorians never taking off their helmets. Sabine must be a great disappointment.

The impression I got was less that it was a new rule and more that it was a really really old rule that even super traditionalists like Deathwatch thought was dumb so nobody followed it.
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh

User Info: user420

user420
6 days ago#7

Or ya know, the part where there aren't supposed to be anymore Mandolorians yet the first episode had two.

But who's keeping track?
Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law, repeat after me: I am free.

User Info: Goldman2123

Goldman2123
6 days ago#8

Everyone is upset about this, I think we will learn more as the season progresses. Why arnt people upset about the rule where only one mando is aloud out of the convert at once??

All of this is taking place after the purge so it makes sense to me they changed there way of life/culture since they are all in hiding pretty much and trying to stay incognito.

I hope we never see mando's face personally(we all know what he looks like anyways from his movies and GoT). Maybe when the series is done for a finally he removes it

Edit : my biggest complaint with the Mandolorian is the episodes are too short!
(edited 6 days ago)
True true. We'll see how the helmet rule unfolds.

I'm actually more bothered by the idea that a 50 year old creature is still less than a baby in physical and mental abilities. Even if the lifespan is 900 years, 50 would be like a 4.5 year old, and those things are talking your ear off and building Lego.
BUT, that aside, total lifespan is not dictated by verbal maturity, etc. I'm wondering if perhaps Yoodle could talk all along and chose not to or maybe being so strong in the force delays mental development

Still remains to be seen, but I hope there's a good answer at the end.

I also recall, to get back on topic, that TIE Advanced were also used by Inquisitors, so maybe they got to use a TIE Int prototype and it's meant to signify the Inquisitor presence?

I don't remember how many they showed. I'm pretty sure it's a mistake, as TC says, but interesting to see if there's a justification for it.
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: Flash2Beasley

Flash2Beasley
6 days ago#10
Yeah it's funny, way back when the Phantom Menace came out, I remember 13 year old me being annoyed that there were no X-Wings or TIE's in the movie, it felt unrecognizable. But I came to appreciate that George was developing the universe by using new ships (although the Naboo Starfighters still felt a little too awesome/clean compared to the beat up tech used in the OT), and it was great seeing precursors to future ships like the Arc-170 (X-Wing) and V-Wing (TIE) in Episode 3.

Fast forward a few years, and 30 year old me was annoyed seeing almost no innovation in Episode 7 despite 30 years having passed, with X-Wings and TIE's looking virtually identical save for a paint job. Hell they even got rid of the cool diversity of the Rebel fleet, no B-Wings, A-Wings, Y-Wings etc, and for some reason the Empire was still using TIE fighters even though the Interceptor was superior in almost every way and just wasn't able to be mass produced fully in the OT.

If there's one thing I love about Lucas it's that he was always adding new things to Star Wars. Some of it fell flat (Jar-Jar I'm looking at you), but it was always fresh and always meant to build and add to the universe, it never felt like he was reusing ideas to appeal to nostalgia.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  3. Does the TIE Interceptor retcon kind of bother anybody?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers