• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  3. Star Wars Explain: 20 Questions About JFO answered! (Spoilers)

User Info: SeahorseCpt89

SeahorseCpt89
1 month ago#21
user420 posted...
SeahorseCpt89 posted...
Maul survived his injuries on Naboo. Since then, he and his brother have tried to kill Obi-wan for revenge, taken over Mandalore, fought and lost to Palpatine (his brother was killed in this fight) and eventually escaped and apparently runs a criminal organization (according to Solo), which I’m assuming he eventually loses.

He lost to Obi-wan in a duel once more just before A New Hope where he finally died.
Where did this all allegedly take place? Like in a book or what? Please tell me this is some Disney crap.

Maybe the Kojima comparison wasn't far off... cuz that's some grade A garbage right there.

The Clone Wars animated series, and it was before Disney (and yes, it’s canon in both Legends and Disney Wars).
I am the forum boy, I'm the one who posts.

User Info: user420

user420
1 month ago#22
egpNoodlez posted...
Didn't this all happen in the EU? I never delved in much other than games like Shadows of the Empire, but I've always heard about Maul surviving since forever.

This is why I wasn't so sure in my first post, because I know Disney killed the EU. I don't follow really follow Star Wars outside the films so I don't know how the TV series and stuff connect.
I honestly don't know, my knowledge of the EU is more from the history, ancient Sith stuff to be honest.

I never paid attention to what was going on with the "current" era stuff outside of the movies and the some of the post ep 6 stuff.

But if they had Maul live past ep 1 that's some awful writing.
Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law, repeat after me: I am free.

user420
1 month ago#23
SeahorseCpt89 posted...
The Clone Wars animated series, and it was before Disney (and yes, it’s canon in both Legends and Disney Wars).
Yet everyone is going around saying how good those shows were... glad I never really watched them.
Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law, repeat after me: I am free.

User Info: Jonbodhi

Jonbodhi
1 month ago#24
lenmutt posted...
also said younglings were ripped from their homes by the jedi and forced into a religion without any choice of their own and now had to be emotionless, sexless monks.

Anakin did them a favour.

I wouldn’t go that far, but yes, the Jedi were completely f***ed, in many ways. It’s a marvel they lasted as long as they did, with that whole: ‘repress your negative emotions’ thing they had going.

I was watching a video last night that showed the ‘Anakin meets the Jedi Council’ scene from ‘The Phantom Menace,’ where these old men are chiding a nine-year-old boy for being afraid and missing his mother and wondered, not for the first time, if Lucas had any idea of the implications of what he was showing the viewers. I liked the scene in TLJ which essentially said: ‘the Jedi failed and their order didn’t need to be reestablished.

Also, I think they could have sex, just not attachments,’ so ‘pump and dump’ was fine, which isn’t exactly better.
Nothing is overrated; your opinion is just outnumbered: some guy

user420
1 month ago#25
Jonbodhi posted...
I wouldn’t go that far, but yes, the Jedi were completely f***ed, in many ways. It’s a marvel they lasted as long as they did, with that whole: ‘repress your negative emotions’ thing they had going.

I was watching a video last night that showed the ‘Anakin meets the Jedi Council’ scene from ‘The Phantom Menace,’ where these old men are chiding a nine-year-old boy for being afraid and missing his mother and wondered, not for the first time, if Lucas had any idea of the implications of what he was showing the viewers. I liked the scene in TLJ which essentially said: ‘the Jedi failed and their order didn’t need to be reestablished.

Also, I think they could have sex, just not attachments,’ so ‘pump and dump’ was fine, which isn’t exactly better.
You've almost got it.

The force is all about balance; light and dark, natural order of things, etc.

Traditionally the Jedi were very Vulcan like to borrow from Trek, they sought to suppress all emotion, not just the negative ones. They were about calm, peace, and serenity; not upsetting the natural order of things. They aspired to be pure conduits of the force, living and existing as agents of what the force compelled them to do. When provoked they fought to maintain order and balance.

Sith, by stark contrast, were fueled by emotions. The stronger the emotion the stronger their connection with the force. They were agents of chaos who sought power over all else. That is why they are so cruel and ruthless, especially to each other, what stronger emotions are there than fear, jealousy, and hatred?

I mention all this because the whole point of the prequels was to show just how far off their path the Jedi had gone. Yoda had turned the order into a galactic special forces unit of the Republic, they achieved power and influence and completely skewed the balance in their favor.

Anakin did fulfill the prophecy, he did restore balance to the force by tearing down the Jedi. The arrogance of the Jedi was their failure.

user420
1 month ago#26
Also as an aside since I see this all the time, Vader was never "evil", that was another point of the prequels. He saw the hypocrisy of the Jedi, and Palpatine preyed on that and his emotions for Padme.

The whole light vs dark theme was never about good vs evil, it's about order vs chaos. A Sith is not inherently evil nor is a Jedi inherently good.

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
1 month ago#27
Jonbodhi posted...

yeah okay maybe i was being alil extreme but yeah the jedi are so opposite my mentality and i am sure many others.

like in a real setting sooo many jedi would fall from the order and become Dark or Grey jedi.

Lucas took Yoda's "too young" remark too seriously and really made the jedi f***ed up if you think about their methods for even a few seconds
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  3. Star Wars Explain: 20 Questions About JFO answered! (Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers