• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  3. Recommended difficulty mode

User Info: DeadOnArrival

DeadOnArrival
2 weeks ago#1
Hey all

I am planning to start the game tonight and wanted to get some input from those who have played it already.

What difficulty level do you reckon is best to fully enjoy this game ? I don't really care about achievements/trophies but I do enjoy a game played the way the developers would like you to experience it.
For example, God of War was intense and a game I immensely enjoyed on the hardest difficulty mode.
DMD mode in the DMC series was great as well.
Insanity in the Mass Effect series was decent too and completely changed how I played the games on that difficulty mode.
However, having just returned to Spiderman to beat it again on NG+ Ultimate, that difficulty was a complete let down, a bit like Spectacular where the only difference is turning the enemies into bullet sponges and maxing out damage you receive.

That being said, what should I expect from this game? In term of fun, would it make sense to play on Jedi Master? Or should I go all out and do Grand Master? Any major change in the strategy I should adopt in combat? In enemy AI? Or is it again just a matter of HP/Dmg like Spiderman?
I have to mention that I've never played Sekiro or a From game... But I don't tend to shy from a challenge, I just want to know if it's worth it and fun to do Grand Master.

Thanks!
XboxOne/PS4 Pro/Switch
PC: Alienware 17 R1 (2013) - i7 4710MQ - 16GB Ram - 980m 8GB (mxm upgraded from 880m)
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
2 weeks ago#2
Im a big fan of Souls and Sekiro and all that, I started on the second highest difficulty but ended up just staying on normal. The combat system doesn't feel as polished to me as those games so it just felt more annoying than challenging, normal or whatever it's called in this just felt better to me.

User Info: Procrastinitus

Procrastinitus
2 weeks ago#3
Jedi Master is the best.

Grandmaster is over the top.

User Info: DeadOnArrival

DeadOnArrival
2 weeks ago#4
Alright then, will start at Jedi Master and consider dropping to Jedi Knight in case combat isn't fun to me anymore
XboxOne/PS4 Pro/Switch
PC: Alienware 17 R1 (2013) - i7 4710MQ - 16GB Ram - 980m 8GB (mxm upgraded from 880m)

User Info: Ryuuma93

Ryuuma93
2 weeks ago#5
I beat it on Jedi Grandmaster without dropping difficulty even once, and definitely felt a sense of pride and accomplishment from it. It starts off pretty hard, but once you know what you're doing, and after you unlock most of your abilities, it becomes much easier. I highly recommend this difficulty if you're looking for a challenge, but still want to have fun. I certainly never felt like the game was unfair, or overwhelmingly difficult.

Enemy health doesn't change if you lower the difficulty, nor do you do more damage to them. All that changes is their damage output and aggression level. All regular enemies, as well as the minibosses, can be taken down in relatively few hits. It's just that the harder the difficulty, the easier it is for them to kill you.

The best advice I can give you is to always keep your block up when fighting enemies in CQC, and strike them when they stop attacking. Parrying does break their guard quicker, but it can be a bit finicky, and isn't as rewarding as in Sekiro. Once you get more health and stimpacks, you can try and incorporate more parrying into your strategy, as you have more room for error.
Wenger in
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: idonliketurtles

idonliketurtles
2 weeks ago#6
Jedi Master is pretty well balanced in that it starts difficult early on and eventually gets easy.

Grandmaster is very punishing until you unlock more stims and upgrades. Even with max health some bosses can kill you in 2 hits. It's not Sekiro-level of difficulty or anything but it demands mastery that I think would be frustrating for most non-masochists and not fun for a 1st playthrough.

User Info: Crauling

Crauling
2 weeks ago#7
I played on Jedi Knight because I'm not really a fan of this style of combat. Change the difficulty as much as you want, it's very easy to do and it only takes a few seconds
Currently playing: God of War franchise

User Info: wingo84

wingo84
2 weeks ago#8
I played as Jedi Master for 99% of the game

lowered to Jedi knight (or whatever is the 2nd one) for the last two boss battles because I just wanted to see the end haha.
PSN - Wingo_84
Wii U NNID - Wingo84 ----- 3DS FC - 2122-7025-1013

User Info: AfroPrime

AfroPrime
2 weeks ago#9
If you're used to DMD and GMGOW you'll be fine on Grandmaster.
Waifu culture is cancer.

User Info: AfroPrime

AfroPrime
2 weeks ago#10
Ryuuma93 posted...
Parrying does break their guard quicker, but it can be a bit finicky, and isn't as rewarding as in Sekiro.

It earns you a death blow in this game against many enemies at least.
Waifu culture is cancer.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  3. Recommended difficulty mode
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers