• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  3. Would you play a Star Wars game starring Finn and Rose?

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
2 months ago#51
GoodGuyJay posted...
yeah, but why bother ask this question? Ignorant cry baby Americans won't play any game if the lead isn't a white male.

A perfect example of someone with their head too far up their own ass to see anything.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: robnixxo

robnixxo
2 months ago#52
DanielsonsXe posted...
Fish out of water is a pretty common trope. Whether it's a good one or not is up tk the individual, but the point of making a character like that was to show a normal person thrust into a situation that is so completely over the top and ridiculous. I thought it was fine. Not great, sure, but not terrible either. That was pretty much Last Jedi in a nutshell. Okay, not great.

yeah, that’s what the middle movie of a trilogy needs... a new character to reintroduce us to the characters and situations we already know instead of developing those already existing characters and situations. Jesus Christ.

User Info: robnixxo

robnixxo
2 months ago#53
Blev08 posted...
Not a fan of the Rose/Finn pairing. The writing for them in the Last Jedi was just horrendous. I don't think any actor, no matter how talented, could have made it work. Honestly, the guy who did the Phantom Edit needs to do one for Last Jedi and just dump the entirety of their arc. I doubt anything would be lost from the movie.

I knew finn was going to be a hard character to write for since I first heard about him before awakens even came out. They originally wanted Jesse plemons for the role, so that shows you he was always gonna be kind of a every man, fool type character. In the original trilogies each main character had a purpose or role. Han was street smart, had the ship. Kenobi the mentor. Luke the small town hero with a great destiny. Leia was the key to the plot but also a leader and politician.

finn had... low level storm trooper skills? You could tell they didn’t know what to do with him for last Jedi.

User Info: DanielsonsXe

DanielsonsXe
2 months ago#54
robnixxo posted...
DanielsonsXe posted...
Fish out of water is a pretty common trope. Whether it's a good one or not is up tk the individual, but the point of making a character like that was to show a normal person thrust into a situation that is so completely over the top and ridiculous. I thought it was fine. Not great, sure, but not terrible either. That was pretty much Last Jedi in a nutshell. Okay, not great.

yeah, that’s what the middle movie of a trilogy needs... a new character to reintroduce us to the characters and situations we already know instead of developing those already existing characters and situations. Jesus Christ.

A) I didn't say we needed a new character to introduce us the stuff. I said a common purpose for that character type is to show how the galaxy spanning events and heroes can come across to a normal person, rather than a chosen one.
B) It being the second of three movies doesn't mean you can't introduce new characters. Empire gave us Palpatine and Lando. New characters SHOULD pop up in each movie. It builds the world more, both for the sake of the movie and expanded canon (like the hypothetical game this thread is based on).
C) Because characters in Star Wars are so developed? Luke's development was to go from whiny nobody to Jedi beleiver to Jedi Master for little reason and with little explanation. Han's development was from self-centered to willing to help others, which was an arc that finished in Ep. IV. Leia's development was to go from princess of Alderan leading the political coup to... not princess of Alderan leading the political coup...? Honestly, the character with the most development in the series was Anakin and people s*** all over that.
PSN: NinjaLeonhart

User Info: Yuji Kaido

Yuji Kaido
2 months ago#55
A Rose by any other name smells just as sweet!
Beat Rush. Somersault. Waterkick. Meteodrive. Dolphin Blow. Meteor Strike. Final Heaven.

User Info: CRK44

CRK44
2 months ago#56
carlos1879 posted...
I dunno I mean Finn seems to be able to land his shots about 50% of the time which should have been a big red flag in his storm trooper training.
The first scene of A New Hope, where Vader boards the Tantive IV, shows that Stormtroopers are waaaay more accurate than the rebels when you break it down scene by scene.

User Info: Yuji Kaido

Yuji Kaido
2 months ago#57
Bump
Beat Rush. Somersault. Waterkick. Meteodrive. Dolphin Blow. Meteor Strike. Final Heaven.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  3. Would you play a Star Wars game starring Finn and Rose?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers