• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  3. Is this a game for Star Wars fans, or a game for like... God of War fans?

User Info: MC Link

MC Link
2 months ago#1
Hi!

Always been a massive Star Wars fan and grew up loving the Jedi Knight games (well, actually any Star Wars game that came out - I even loved Yoda Stories!!)

The trailers I have been watching make this game well.... not really look very "Star Wars" - it looks like Uncharted with a lightsaber?

Have I been blinded by not looking too deeply into it? (I didn't want to see spoilers)
Do I just go and buy it and jump in?
Am I right, and this is a shift to appeal to a wider market of gamers?

Help me GameFAQs - you're my only yadda yadda yadda
*/******\/*****\*C Link : 3DS FC 0774-4325-8143 - Fransisco
{___(\__/)___} "@ValKilmer4Life"-Twitter tweet me!

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
2 months ago#2
I thought there plenty in the game to enjoy as a Star Wars. There are plenty little connections to The Clone Wars and Rebels.
Ain't no rest for the wicked.
When your BFF's a BFG, you don't need anyone else watching your back.

User Info: Touch

Touch
2 months ago#3
Pootbird posted...
I thought there plenty in the game to enjoy as a Star Wars. There are plenty little connections to The Clone Wars and Rebels.
There is also at least one prequel meme lol
https://i.imgur.com/DlAxjk6.jpg

User Info: OutFromUndr

OutFromUndr
2 months ago#4
MC Link posted...
The trailers I have been watching make this game well.... not really look very "Star Wars" - it looks like Uncharted with a lightsaber?
I can tell you, the game 100% feels like Star Wars. Story, characters, music, etc.. All something you would expect out of Star Wars.

User Info: silverstreakusa

silverstreakusa
1 month ago#5
If you go into this game thinking the combats like God of War you won't last long
Psn/xboxlive : SilverstreakUSA

User Info: TheBoss69er

TheBoss69er
1 month ago#6
Star Wars fans will enjoy the references and Easter eggs and understand the story on a deeper level than non Star Wars fans.

I don’t think you need to have watched all (or any) of the Star Wars movies to enjoy the game. But you will be pretty clueless during much of the dialogue.

God of War fans will recall a similar approach to exploring the world - not completely linear but not an open world either. The combat is somewhat similar.

Sorry for the wishy washy answer but I really think the answer to your question is: yes. In fact when you say “uncharted with a light saber” you kind of nailed it... but no guns. Or vehicles. Or wife.
Hope this is not Chris' blood

User Info: Jonbodhi

Jonbodhi
1 month ago#7
God of War was my favorite game this generation, and I like (not love...), Star Wars. You’ll be fine.
Nothing is overrated; your opinion is just outnumbered: some guy
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  3. Is this a game for Star Wars fans, or a game for like... God of War fans?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers