• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Dias_Flac_Og

Dias_Flac_Og
1 week ago#1
I noticed that the PC version has a f2p version already.

When will PS4 get this option?

User Info: Ryu2968

Ryu2968
1 week ago#2
The game stated before it even launched in the description that it was getting a Core Fighters version so this isn't surprising, which is why it's funny people actually paid for this massive flop.

That aside as for console versions F2P it'll probably be out next week on Tuesday or something whenever they actually update their stores assuming Microsoft/Sony already gave the okay for it.
https://i.imgtc.com/TxsoPgD.png
"RWBY isn't popular" - Random idiots

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#3
I'm curious which characters they picked for the free version this time? Is it the ninjas like in 5?
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: pirajacinto

pirajacinto
1 week ago#4
Rhiethreal posted...
I'm curious which characters they picked for the free version this time? Is it the ninjas like in 5?

From what I remember, it's Kasumi, Daigo, Bass, and Hitomi. At least, those were the characters that appeared when the game isn't fully installed and you start it. I believe it should be the same here, as it won't be the four ninjas again as I saw a listening for Hayate as it's own character.
It was great seeing Aerith run around Times Square and Pedigree opponents in the train station. - Strife2
If love can hurt, then surely hate can save. - Altena

User Info: mr_poorfox

mr_poorfox
1 week ago#5
Ryu2968 posted...
That aside as for console versions F2P it'll probably be out next week on Tuesday or something whenever they actually update their stores

It seems it's already available, at least for PS4 in Germany(?).

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadOrAlive/comments/b18v2n/doa6core_fighters_now_available_on/

Ryu2968 posted...
which is why it's funny people actually paid for this massive flop.

The fact that it's just been 15 days since release, and they are already releasing the free-to-play version suggests this game didn't do so hot saleswise.
(edited 1 week ago)

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#6
mr_poorfox posted...

The fact that it's just been 15 days since release, and they are already releasing the free-to-play version suggests this game didn't do so hot saleswise.

The full game cost $60. The first season pass alone costs $90. It's pretty obvious why they want to get the game into people's hands.

They never cared if people bought the full game or not. The DLC is where they expect to make a killing.

User Info: RevOn_DX

RevOn_DX
1 week ago#7
Ive seen an insider hint that DOA 6 bombed in the USA. Welp, time for a reboot
The official Color TV-Game 15 of GameFAQs
Fatal Frame for Smash Bros, please. Thank you :3

User Info: mr_poorfox

mr_poorfox
1 week ago#8
Rhiethreal posted...
mr_poorfox posted...

The full game cost $60. The first season pass alone costs $90. It's pretty obvious why they want to get the game into people's hands.

They never cared if people bought the full game or not. The DLC is where they expect to make a killing.

While I don't necessarily disagree with you about their goals, one would think they'd at least want to squeeze the profits from the sales of both digital and physical full versions as much as they can before trying to milk the DLC. Releasing a FTP version this early would only kill the momentum the game has, if any, taking away potential sales. That's why I think this is a clear indication of the game doing not so good.

RevOn_DX posted...
Ive seen an insider hint that DOA 6 bombed in the USA. Welp, time for a reboot

Was this in person, social media or any article? I'm really interested on knowing how this game did. If it's true that it bombed, there will be more drama and debate about the real reason it did, with a faction claiming is because it wasn't toned down enough, while some of us arguing it's because the fanservice was toned down. Oh, boy, grab the popcorn.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Lexmark1989

Lexmark1989
1 week ago#9
Ryu2968 posted...
The game stated before it even launched in the description that it was getting a Core Fighters version so this isn't surprising, which is why it's funny people actually paid for this massive flop.

That aside as for console versions F2P it'll probably be out next week on Tuesday or something whenever they actually update their stores assuming Microsoft/Sony already gave the okay for it.

I paid for it and I like it. I don't want to pay for single characters because I want everyone and the full game. It's not funny at all, people pay for what they like, it's that simple.

And gee you're on earned status, I wonder whatever for... lol

@Ryu2968
Look In my Eyes! What do ya see!!
Pokemon Y FC Robin 0920-0595-5864
(edited 1 week ago)

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#10
mr_poorfox posted...
While I don't necessarily disagree with you about their goals, one would think they'd at least want to squeeze the profits from the sales of both digital and physical full versions as much as they can before trying to milk the DLC. Releasing a FTP version this early would only kill the momentum the game has, if any, taking away potential sales. That's why I think this is a clear indication of the game doing not so good.

I disagree. The F2P version boosts the online population while also acting like a demo. While I think the game probably did poorly overall, this isn't evidence of that. This can only help them.

People still have to pay if they want more than a glorified demo, and the extra money they make from DLC would more than cover what they lose if someone doesn't buy the full modes and cast of characters. There is a reason F2P games tend to make more than full priced games.
  • Topic Closed