You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive 6
  3. Time to shut the fanservice complaints down for good.

User Info: JohnUchihaLee

JohnUchihaLee
1 month ago#1
Y. S. : Thank you ! So yeah, there was a clear misunderstanding about any form of censorship or whatnot. It was also mentionned that Sony imposed some form of censorship on the PS4 version, which is totally untrue. All versions will be the same and it was a huge misunderstanding.

Coming back to the sexyness of the game, it’s on the same level as DOA 5, and there are some adjustments possible. We’ll take the community’s feedback to patch the game and making it more or less… Excessive, if need be. Like the extent of the deterioration of the clothes, that we can adjust fairly easily. What I’m saying is that we didn’t censor ourselves and stuck to DOA 5’s level, but the door’s open to adjustments if the community dislikes something. Please trust us !

Proof people were just overreacting and jumping to conclusions without actually thinking about it.
"Non-English reviews don't matter"-Romangelo the Trollmangelo Nov 28 2016

User Info: ketherial

ketherial
1 month ago#2
it's all going to come down to execution though isn't it? anyone can say whatever they want, but will they really have costumes as revealing as the gust mashup swimwear dlc? i'd be pleasantly surprised if they did.

User Info: JohnUchihaLee

JohnUchihaLee
1 month ago#3
ketherial posted...
it's all going to come down to execution though isn't it? anyone can say whatever they want, but will they really have costumes as revealing as the gust mashup swimwear dlc? i'd be pleasantly surprised if they did.

What matters is how the game launches not what they can add after the game releases. The game is not launching in a censored state and will retain DOA5's level of fanservice.

Will the game have sexy dlc? Of course, we already do, will dlc be super exposing swimsuits and the like? Hell no and I'm personally glad it won't. That stuff just looks stupid when playing and watching someone else play.
"Non-English reviews don't matter"-Romangelo the Trollmangelo Nov 28 2016

User Info: Lylat_Cruiser

Lylat_Cruiser
1 month ago#4
Can't wait for March. I want to play!
"I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority by coming in anyway!"
#NowThat'sStrategy!

User Info: Matt-Moores

Matt-Moores
1 month ago#5
I’ll believe it when I see it.
Trust in The Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

User Info: Diavolo90

Diavolo90
1 month ago#6
Matt-Moores posted...
I’ll believe it when I see it.

This.
https://wccftech.com/dead-or-alive-6-gamescom-interview/
http://shoryuken.com/2018/06/10/dead-or-alive-6s-producer-and-director-yohei-shimbori-wants-the-game-to-be-fierce-and-cooler/
https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-2018/2018/06/13/dead-or-alive-6s-director-comments-on-de-emphasizing-the-sexiness-of-the-series
http://kayane.fr/2019/01/16/interview-with-yohei-shimbori-producer-on-dead-or-alive-6/
I hate to say it, but Shimbori's been very indecisive.

Hell, DOA isn't even the only fighting game franchise with fictional and revealing characters: https://imgur.com/a/TebJ1TO

As a guy who likes DOA more, for its combat (triangle system, counters, juggling, etc) fanservice and violence I hope Shimbori and his colleagues stop caring about people who bash DOA's characters, stop listening to people who make and have made dumb articles about DOA (these people don't support DOA).
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: wei-pai

wei-pai
1 month ago#7
No respect for devs who follow movements and change themselves to appeal to those that do not even buy their f***ing game... it truly is insane what these devs do. You would think they would learn from other idiots like DICE or Bioware.
"Ugly women is teh future of gaming"
- Sony.

Matt-Moores
1 month ago#8
@Diavolo90
That’s my main problem with him. He loves to blame “mistranslation”, but he’s VERY indecisive, absolutely. I, too, like DOA for its fighting, but I do like the fanservice aspect, too. “Levels of DOA5”. We’ll see about that.
Trust in The Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

User Info: RedHawk4

RedHawk4
1 month ago#9
JohnUchihaLee posted...
Proof people were just overreacting and jumping to conclusions without actually thinking about it.

Not really. Shimbori gave multiple interviews to different outlets in which he made comments that clearly indicated some form of reduction in fanservice. Either Shimbori was mistranslated and/or misunderstood every single time, or he's just now trying to backpedal and make everything seem like it was a misunderstanding.

To Dualshockers:
“The images of the characters will focus on “cool” as the team heard from the fans at EVO 2017 the opinion that the girls were a bit too sexy and it was embarrassing to play, the request was to make a game that look cooler. Team Ninja wants everyone to be proud of playing Dead or Alive.”

To Gamespot:
“The boobs are smaller as opposed to before because we wanted the girls to appear more human. We don’t want to reshape them smaller or larger just on a whim."

To Kotaku:
“Toning down the sexual expression doesn’t relate to esports. It’s more of a world trend. We’re considering how to make this franchise well-received everywhere.”

To Dualshockers:
"Elements like violence and sexiness are perceived differently by different people, so we plan to include some options they can select. In terms of the OMG mode, that was a little bit too exaggerated in DEAD OR ALIVE 5, so we don’t think it’s fitting and we don’t plan on including that in DEAD OR ALIVE 6.”

To WCCF Tech:
"One of the major aims was to tone down the features of the women which caused some trouble in the past. Our aim is to show this as a real fighting game. To do this, we are using a new engine for the game. This has helped the push on the visuals, the engine letting the game look more realistic.”

If I had to guess, Team Ninja had planned to tone the fanservice down more than what we're seeing now until they saw the potential fan backlash brewing. Personally, I'm fine if their creative vision leads them to change the game in a way that reduces it, but I get skeptical whenever it seems like game devs are doing such things merely as a way of pandering to certain crowds of people who'll never buy their games anyway. Kind of like "Our current fans aren't worth enough to us, so time to ignore what they want so we can go after game journalist accolades and hopefully a different crowd of consumers."
Destiny is destiny.

Matt-Moores
1 month ago#10
^^My man
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive 6
  3. Time to shut the fanservice complaints down for good.