nothing can express my disappointment at the DoA community

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive 6
  3. nothing can express my disappointment at the DoA community

User Info: LionLuBu

LionLuBu
6 days ago#1
There was always this argument in the FGC about DoA's fan-service and there were always those guys who would say dumb things like DoA fans play just for the boobs they don't even bother learning the game than they would make the same stupid joke about the buttons layout and how it was made so people can play it with one hand etc, few years later Team Ninja announced DoA6 with an interview with a new director stating that DoA6 will have a more serious tune and that's where I saw the worst part of the DoA community, the guys that want DoA6 to fail just because they reduced the fan-service and those comments on twitter that made shake my head in disbelief and i just hoped we wouldn't end up with a dev commuting suicide and end up with anther group hypocrites .

PS: I'm not saying DoA6 is flawless it got problems (mainly the removal of VF characters and Tag mode)
FG expert at MKX: Sub-zero/kotalKhan SFV:MBison/Nash/Zangefi KOF:KIM/KYO/RYO Tekken:almost every character

User Info: lordinfamous

lordinfamous
6 days ago#2
I think it has more to do with the fact that TN is so eager to cater to western sjws.
I don't get why people always leave that part out, as if people are so averse to the game without reason.
Thus, the reason is that, at least it seems that way, Shimbori is so busy trying to cater to feminists, sjws, you name it, that it in principle detracts to what DOA is known for. Not to mention the people who are so heavily against fanservice, bouncing boobs, more skin, skimpy bikinis, etc, are not going to play or purchase the game to begin with. They're there to add fuel to the fire basically.

Even though I'm really against companies who cater to sjws, I'm holding out on buying the game day one purely because I know they will release an ''Ultimate'' or some ''Complete'' edition down the line (look at DOA5). Plus I can already tell their dlc plactice will be ridiculous (hope I'm wrong).

User Info: NatsumeSweets

NatsumeSweets
6 days ago#3
For me it was them rushing out a trailer for the game when it was so incomplete. The new zoom in punch and blood effects didn't impress me at all and the animations looked worse than DOA5's. The trailer looked to be going for a more edgy and violent theme than a over-the-top martial arts movie theme. The director then explicity said fanservice was to be toned down and announced removals of things like tag. So far they've only spoken about removing features DOA5LR have and not adding anything new.

The only good news I've read is about the developers working to improve of the game's netcode, whether that happens has yet to be seen. I don't want the game to fail, I just want a game that stands above DOA5 and not below it as it currently appears to me. It's not a day one buy for me and I'll be waiting to see how they handle the first release. I'm fully expecting updated versions of the game to be released or another F2P model.

User Info: Whitesburg

Whitesburg
6 days ago#4
A lot of it is political. But yeah, no tag, preorder DLC, and probably most scary... its on the dynasty warrior 9 engine. People are def jumping the gun on the politics, jiggles, sexuality and should let the game or a demo actually come out. I mean, theres usually a jiggle slider anyway so you can set your age to 99 or OMG (theres no mention that its been removed).

That said, and its the same problem with a lot of games' previous titles with an insane amount of updates and content.... how is vanilla 6 going to compare to fully up to date Final Found doa5? I don't think it can.

User Info: EliteGuard99

EliteGuard99
6 days ago#5
Why would someone play a game that’s basically a worse version of Tekken if not for the t*** and ass?
"Sessions is like what would happen if a really sheltered home school kid did the fusion dance with everyone's racist thanksgiving uncle" - D_Bart
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Dotar

Dotar
6 days ago#6
lordinfamous posted...
I think it has more to do with the fact that TN is so eager to cater to western sjws.

you reap what you sow

I hope the sales will not be a massive failure due to them going all SJW

User Info: werewolfgold

werewolfgold
6 days ago#7
I know one of the first things I consider when purchasing a game is how much it's catering to SJWs...

...oh, wait. I don't do that at all. >_>

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the "fanbase" was more off-putting to outsiders than the DOA games themselves.
Mangetsu no yoru ni mata aou ka?

User Info: Cadaveri

Cadaveri
6 days ago#8
werewolfgold posted...
I know one of the first things I consider when purchasing a game is how much it's catering to SJWs...

Maybe you don't but some do. I'll certainly ignore a product that is filled with SJW crap in it.
(still buying doa6, but in general If there's too much SJW in movies/games/whatnot, I'll leave that s*** unbought for sure) xd

User Info: Virtue777

Virtue777
6 days ago#9
We live in a day and age dominated by outrage culture. It used to come from the "SJWs" on the left. Now it generally comes from the extremely sensitive alt-right, who perceive any artistic decision they don't agree with as an attack on white men. While hilarious in a way, it's also kind of sad. I feel bad for those people because generally if they're getting that upset about something as petty as a black person playing a white character, or fan-service being toned down, then they probably don't have much going on in their lives...no good career, no relationship, limited social life, etc..
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Virtue777

Virtue777
6 days ago#10
Cadaveri posted...
werewolfgold posted...

Maybe you don't but some do. I'll certainly ignore a product that is filled with SJW crap in it.
(still buying doa6, but in general If there's too much SJW in movies/games/whatnot, I'll leave that s*** unbought for sure) xd

lordinfamous posted...
I don't get why people always leave that part out, as if people are so averse to the game without reason.
Thus, the reason is that, at least it seems that way, Shimbori is so busy trying to cater to feminists, sjws, you name it, that it in principle detracts to what DOA is known for. Not to mention the people who are so heavily against fanservice, bouncing boobs, more skin, skimpy bikinis, etc, are not going to play or purchase the game to begin with. They're there to add fuel to the fire basically.

Even though I'm really against companies who cater to sjws, I'm holding out on buying the game day one purely because I know they will release an ''Ultimate'' or some ''Complete'' edition down the line (look at DOA5). Plus I can already tell their dlc plactice will be ridiculous (hope I'm wrong).

I'm genuinely curious as to why you perceive the fan-service being toned down as catering to "western sjws." I think it's more likely that their marketing executives who run statistical modeling and are generally pretty in-tune with what customers want, and have determined that the fighting game community (and gaming community in general) has aged out of being entertained solely by jiggling boob physics and unrealistic sex object characters.

It just reminds me of the new Star Wars outrage. Despite the anger from a very vocal community, the new Star Wars movies have doubled the box office sales of the prequel trilogy and have generated billions of dollars in merchandising deals. Not saying the movies are spectacular or anything, just that it's probably more likely that they've resonated more with the general consumer. Most people in the world aren't white men, and broadening appeal increases your audience size and revenue. Ironically the only box office bomb they've had was a movie focused on a cis-gendered white male character lol, though I'd say that has more to do with franchise-fatigue and mismanagement during the creation process than identity politics.
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive 6
  3. nothing can express my disappointment at the DoA community

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.