• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman 2
  3. Which version of Hitman 2 is the best value

User Info: shads3055

shads3055
2 months ago#1
I keep missing it each time it’s on sale. But i have a question,,,

If I just have the free download right now? And I buy expansion pass for 39.99. And i buy the game of year edition for 19.99 that has stuff from season 1. Do you now have everything you need to play everything in Hitman 2. Like all new levels and all old levels from last game.

Or do I need the full Hitman 2 game for like 59.99 as well.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: thecatsix

thecatsix
2 months ago#2
The best of my knowledge, Free download version is just Hitman 1. The expansion is purely for Hitman 2. So you need Hitman 2.

After you have Hitman 2, you want to merge Hitman 1 to it, so you can play H1 in H2. Google how to play H1 in H2. It's not that hard, but worth it. The User Interface is way better, and then you have all the levels in one place. THEN you can delete H1.

Then you can buy the expansion, and download the Bank level and a couple other extra scenarios for H2.

Really wish it wasn't so confusing. IOI could have done this better. One of my favorite games of all time, but sorting these files and versions can bring a little grief.
"You're not Friedrich!" --Famous Last Words: Medal of Honor

User Info: Cyberwrath

Cyberwrath
2 months ago#3
As a heads up, if you choose to play on PC, the Steam summer sale is currently ongoing until July 9th. The standard version of Hitman 2 is $23.99 down from $59.99 and the Gold Edition is $39.99 down from $99.99. Then the Hitman GOTY Legacy Pack is only $5.99 down from $19.99.

But yes, you need to own the full version of Hitman 2 and then separately purchase the Legacy pack.

shads3055
2 months ago#4
Ok thanks. I will just wait for the next sale probably

User Info: Kung_Fu_Fighter

Kung_Fu_Fighter
2 months ago#5
You want H2 Gold + H1 GOTY/Legacy pack for everything.

H2 Gold has been on sale for about $60 a few times. H1 and the various packs are on sale more frequently.
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX

shads3055
2 months ago#6
Thanks.
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman 2
  3. Which version of Hitman 2 is the best value
  • Post New Message