You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  3. is silent assassin just impossible?

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
1 week ago#21
Raziel689 posted...
@RJ1771 if memory serves, isnt it less of the bird itself being an X-Ray scanning drone and the characters Isu Bloodline that enhances the bird when the two of you do the mind meld? Like Beastmaster but on Steroids.

Could be, but I've never encountered any source of lore that would indicate that...in game or otherwise. So until I do I'll continue to believe that Ikaros and Senu are bird-shaped recon drones with x-ray scanning technology installed. :P
I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with them later.
There is no "unseen" bonus.
Number of fellow Poets of the Fall fans: 25
Want: Death Stranding, The Outer Worlds, Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe, Psychonauts 2, Bully 2, Atomic Heart

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
1 week ago#23
It's possible (I've done it many many times, sneaked through a fort, killed everyone and never been detected. Just make sure you are wearing armor that increases assassin damage). The pirates set is probably one of the best armour set for sneaking and assassinating everyone (increases assassin ability by 50%).

Just use Ikaros to mark everyone before hand.

For an easier time, and to watch enemies run, hide and cower, without being detected at all (even when killing leaders), the hunter ghost arrow ability is the best. You don't even need to enter the fort. Wear your best hunter armor (master Artemis set for instance), and just fire ghost arrows through the walls. You might have to wait for a yellow dot to appear in the gauge once you exhaust all your adrenaline, but it's probably the easiest way of clearing a fort with no detection. Occasionally, they'll raise the alarm and you get to kill more enemies than you bargained for, but it's not too bad.

I prefer the sneak approach (I only used the ghost arrows in order to help me get all the engravings (headshot damage, distance etc...)).

Edit: just was reminded by another post, night time is your friend, and with a certain assassin ability increases your assassination ability as well.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
1 week ago#24
Strategia555 posted...
No, not impossible.

I just stab someone in the back then dispose of their body ; sometimes i use the body to attract others.

Then I stab them in the back.

doesn't that go against the silent assassin fort bonus?

you're not supposed to let bodies be detected, period, from what the game said.
optimism is a drug, you think it'll help you, and it might feel good for a bit, but in the end... you'll just become a burnout in denial.
ZeroJinKui posted...
doesn't that go against the silent assassin fort bonus?

There is no bonus! Clearing a location always gets you the same amount of XP, no matter how loud or sneaky you were. Whoever said there was one is either lying or getting their games mixed up.
Want: Death Stranding, The Outer Worlds, Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe, Psychonauts 2, Bully 2, Atomic Heart

User Info: Imit8m3

Imit8m3
1 week ago#26
There's a stealth kill bonus to exp. But you can get more consistent exp bonuses with headshot kills. It also doesn't matter if they find bodies unless they decide to light the brazer. Which seems to be random.
GT- HOONIGANGSTER
PSN- yurmom8me
Oh, that's right, the stealth kill streak is on by default. I totally forgot about that. I was thinking of how some past games gave you bonuses for beating missions undetected (like IV's contracts).

User Info: geertmatthys

geertmatthys
1 week ago#28
I've cleared out dozens of forts stealthily sure, eventually you just rambo it but you can sneak around if you want
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  3. is silent assassin just impossible?